What's new

Mupen64 0.5 Released

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Mupen64 0.5 Released (update: Mupen64 0.5.1 for windows)

I've finally released the linux and windows versions of mupen64 0.5.

You can grab it there : http://mupen64.emulation64.com

Post feedback in this thread :)

Update: i've released a quick bug fix release, framebuffer effects should work now with glide64's "Get FrameBuffer Info" option.

Last edited:

smcd

It just finished downloading, thanks again!

Edit: Where do we start posting issues? ;)

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

Many thanks to Hacktarux for his work !!!

It's EXTREMELY recommended to use Azimer 's plugins !!!!

Please test some very nice stuff as RE2 or Tarzan : sound is nice

Top gear overdrive and hyperdrive are supported too !!

there's something that everybody should see about a new feature between Glide64 and Mupen: fb notification tha you can find the config panel of glide64.

IT IS WORKING WITH WRAPPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please check compatibility list of Glide64 and see the new effects that are supported thank to this feature.

Test Banjo Kazoiie for instance and you'll be amazed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: the only regression in this version is Taz express that hangs in game now :(

Last edited:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
That is of course, if I happen to have a Voodoo3/4/5 so Glide64 could do HWFBE...grr..it 's high time Glide64 got that port to OpenGL everybody has been talking about. The Voodoo series is DEAD, DEAD I say. Sorry for the rant, I really like Glide64, great compatibility, just frustrated that the only plugin that does everything I want it to doesn't do all of its nice stuff on my Geforce 6800. Mupen64 0.5 seems great (been testing it for about 5 minutes).

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

we are not talking about HWFBE !!! it's called FB notification that you can find in the config panel of glide64. It's working with the wrapper so please no whining ...

ggab

Emutalk Member
Congratulations for this great release! ;)

thanks Hack for your hard work

PS:
i'll try it ASAP :)

CF2

Pretends to make sense
olivieryuyu said:
we are not talking about HWFBE !!! it's called FB notification that you can find in the config panel of glide64. It's working with the wrapper so please no whining ...
Hmm, could I be missing something? My glide64 config looks like this:
glid640ra.jpg

I'm assuming the option you speak of is "Get FB info". Smack me with a noobstick if I somehow missed the right option.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Sorry guys, there was a small mistake during the release and the framebuffer functions can't work, you can expect a 0.5.1 release today to fix it

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Weird... In the windows version the FB effects seem to work using the "Read every frame" and "Get frame buffer info" options. At least the monitor in first race of Mario Kart shows up correctly without any slowdows...