What's new

Mupen64 0.5 Released

flinto

No Sounds Card

Thankyou Hacktarux for this new release.

I have several computers and I've noticed that Mupen64 (Windows version) does not load games if the PC has no sound card.

flinto

No Sound Pluggin Works

Thanks olivieryuyu

I didn't realise that the no sound option in project 64 was actually a plugin, but rather an option to have no sound plugin. I feel a bit stupid now.

This is a great release

olivieryuyu

hmm i have a strange new bugs between wip and the release: it seems that suddenly when i boot a new game (after playing one) the emulator close up

weird ....

olivieryuyu

ok i can reproduce the bug

boot a game with glide64

close the game

go in config panel of glide64

close the panel

open a new game : the emulator close up

weird !!!

Spacy

Seems like hacktarux has to reproduce this using a debuggable build of Mupen64.

Another question: Are the changes of 0.5.1 already included in the source package?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Actually, i know this bug, and no i can't detect anything with a debug build. All the problems between Glide64 and Mupen64 only occur when using the Glide64's configuration dialog box. I think it's a Glide64 problem as it only occurs with this plugin. I gotta talk with Gonetz about this issue when he'll be back from holidays ;)

I haven't updated the 0.5.1 changes in source code, it's not big changes anyway, the changes are only important for the windows version and only when using glide64's framebuffer feature.

Nemoder

woot

Thanks for the new version!
I had been struggling with the random freezes in the old version for the last few weeks but just ran the new ver for over an hour without any problems.
Awesome work!

I think I've found a bug in the GTK2 gui. I just can't select properly rom locations in options dialog. It's like I had always the [Ctrl] key pressed, and when I choose "Remove" it happens nothing.

Good release Hacktarux. It seems MM is fixed now, isn't? Thank you very much :_D

Edit: Another one, in Glide64 Configuration, the special fix "Wrap textures..." status isn't saved.

Last edited:

snesmaster40

Awesome I really like this emulator it got wcw/nWo World Tour and Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 working (without flashing). All we need now is GS support

Illissius

Awesome release. Truly. Super Mario 64 now works flawlessly, the occasional freeze is gone, it runs at the correct speed now even w/o audio, no issues with plugins crashing or forgetting their settings, and probably some I forgot... in general, it all Just Works a whole lot better now :).
Now, if only Super Smash Bros. would work right... (depending on the gfx plugin I use, it flickers like mad (rice), looks completely discolored (TR iirc?), is slow (gln64), is insanely slow (software rendering), or the actual level & characters are invisible (glide64? might have it and TR switched)).

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Hmm... I noticed that Mupen64 v0.5.1 comes with an older version of Azimer's sound plugin. Is there a special reason for that? :unsure:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Oh... I though that it had some changes or v0.56 WIP 2 had some kind of problem. :p
Thanks for letting me know Hacktarux. :D

deathandfear

i got this, opened a random rom (sarge's heroes), and it seemed to work fine. i go to open something else. freezes. next time i remember to close rom first. i open killer instict gold... wow. the first few screens seem dandy.. character selection is jacked up. characters middle of body replaced with black. i pick someone figuring it should be ok. then the character pictures shows up... hmmm. get to playing... sound sounds good. video not going slow. this is great... hey, wait a minute, arent i supposed to be able to do more then punch... wait... arent i even supposed to have more then one punch? i dont think i config controls wrong... just... not working right. all controls worked fine with sarge. hmm. i dunno about the glide or wrap or anything about all that... i just know... everything was like on the real thing in sarge and it was jacked up in KI Gold. i suppose i need to put my system info... but i dont how to get all that info, mainly because, i dont care, and never had to give it to anyone else before. i have windows XP, 1.40 GHz, and 540 MB of RAM. im not sure, but i think that means my computer blows. HA! so, i have no idea if you can help me fix this or what... but something needs to be done! this is inhumane! ....but sarge works great! :) looked and played much better then on any other emu... some i couldnt even get to work :(

What is supposed to do the ESC key? When I press it I can't resume the game later, and if I try to load another one it eats 100% of resources like I've ever seen before. I have to press the Stop buttom before trying to load another game.

It would be great if the action associated to the Stop button were launched if needed when pressing Play button or double clicking a game before it's own action.

Anyway... what is the correct behaviour of the ESC key?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
ySS said:
What is supposed to do the ESC key? When I press it I can't resume the game later, and if I try to load another one it eats 100% of resources like I've ever seen before. I have to press the Stop buttom before trying to load another game.

It would be great if the action associated to the Stop button were launched if needed when pressing Play button or double clicking a game before it's own action.

Anyway... what is the correct behaviour of the ESC key?

With windows GUI it's a fullscreen/window mode switch, with linux GUI it's used to stop emulation. I'm really surprised that you're having troubles using it on linux as it's the way i'm always stopping emulation...

smikeh

about mupen64 installer mode

Hello,

I downloaded mupen64 for linux, it comes in BZ2 format, ok,, I know how to uncompress it, but the TAR part, this is necesary to install in ROOT partition or I can make it in FAT???, I have the file tar.bz2 in FAT partition.

Or if you can put a RPM or.. well at least how to install tar.bz2 thanks...

I was a Project64 windows user, but this mupen64 is the n64 emulator for linux.. that is great!!!!!!!!

I think I am new mupen64 user.. congratulations.... no one n64 emulator was made for linux but mupen64...