What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

the config thread

Mollymutt

I know I'm not the only one who is having problems with finding the best settings for a particular game. In fact I don't think any game is working right. Right now in OOT, LInk's body is invisible. I get 1 game looking good, then boot up another one and it dosen't work. So I mess around with it, and then go back to the last game, and it dosen't work again. Right now I'm thinking about doing a Mario Golf retexture for my daughter. Has anyone ever got this one working right? I have a 1.3 ghz celeron with 512 mb ram and a GEforce FX 5200 128mb video card. Maybe we can use this thread to sort all of our config problems.

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
well, considering every ones PCs are different your not going to have a unified answer, i to am suffering the invisible body of link, but i think that its a texture problem even tho else where states that links body isn't a texture,

his body only disappears when i apply the hires packs, so i think that link share's a texture with something, but i'm not sure what that something is? or its a conflict somewhere (see sig for system spec's)

OP
M

Mollymutt

Here's a shot of what I've got going on with Mario Golf. Any idea what I can do to fix this? Why is it so hard to emulate the N64 anyway? I have most systems' emus and they all work perfectly without any plugins. Is it because of the games being in 3d? I have a 1.3 ghz celeron with 512 mb ram and a GEforce FX 5200 128mb video card

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Here's some pictures I took while playing the game on my system.
Also here are the settings I have for the emulator and the game, hope this helps, but make sure if you don't already know this to have the textures on default settings for all options if you are dumping textures from the game if not then you may have the wrong file names dumped.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Thanks, it looks waybetter this way, except I'm still getting the "trails" before every shot.
Plus I'm only getting about 15-19 fps on it, and that's with disabling the sound.