What's new

Pokemon Stadium 2:Arrow Keys not working...

jaydee

Gaming his way through life
Can any1 help, my PS2 (Pokemon Stadium 2) is kinda busted. I can't seem to move the arrow thing to select somthing else. I've got this on my laptop so no Numpad for me. Is there any way iI can get this to work? Don't ask me to much about plug-ins cos I dunno. How do I know which plug-ins i got? I look in my plugins folder and there is a bunch of stuff. So can any1 help? Please?

snesmaster40

Go to Options, then settings.

However I assume your using the default plugin, so go to Options, then Configure Controller Plugin to change the keys to whatever you want

OP
J

jaydee

Ok, I got 3 different plug-ins on the controller plug-in part. The default is the 1 I have had the trouble with where all the controls work except the arrows. N-Rages 1.80 doesn't help cos when I start the game it says there is no controller. Adaptoid 1.0 Doesn't allow me any controls and when i go to configure controller plugin it says "no adaptoids detected. Do you have the driver installed?" Is there another plugin to use? Anyway thanks for telling me how to change my plugin in lol.

I have changed the controls to most of the different keys on the keyboard but that has made no difference.

xneoangel

Persona User
I also have problems using Nrage's plugin so i use Jabo's DirectInput that comes with PJ64 and works perfectly.

OP
J

jaydee

Thats what I'm trying to do get the d-pad to work but failing...
Let me try Jabo.

RisaKazura

I'm gaming my life away.. Yay!
Can any1 help, my PS2 (Pokemon Stadium 2) is kinda busted. I can't seem to move the arrow thing to select somthing else. I've got this on my laptop so no Numpad for me. Is there any way iI can get this to work? Don't ask me to much about plug-ins cos I dunno. How do I know which plug-ins i got? I look in my plugins folder and there is a bunch of stuff. So can any1 help? Please?

Hello, I had this same problem... It is fixable.

1) Go to options

2) Go to configure controller Plugin

3) it should give you options

4) Set Digital (controles) to the arrow keys

5) Set the C- button controles with easy to remember letters or numbers..... Example: L: k/ R: I/ U: T/ D:Y

6) Set analog controles to easy to remember letters or use numbers..... Example: L: 1/ R: 2/ U: 3/ D: 4

7) The regular controles I personally would leave alone such as:

A: X L: A

B: C R: S

S: E Z: Z

Which are by default....

Hope this helps! My Pokemon Stadium works because I did this!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Pokemon Staium uses the digital pad for moving the cursor, not the analog stick (which by default is mapped to the arrow keys)

RisaKazura

I'm gaming my life away.. Yay!
Yes I get that, that is why I left the Analog defaults alone. My Pokemon Stadium works perfectly now!:D I always loved Pokemon! I almost have all the games with the exception off the sub games like Pokemon mistery dungeon of Pokemon ranger. The ones from the main series that i don't have are Pokemon Black and White 2, and X and Y (Which have not come out yet). Back on topic, I know how to work Pokemon Stadium, so that's about it! (I guess.....)