What's new

emulator problems

CaptainBilly

i was wondering, I think this is wierd. PJ64 worked well on my computer awhile ago. But then, i had to re-install windows, and after that, it says "Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3d graphics card compatible." then "The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder." The wierd part it, I also have a the ePSXe emulator, all i did was put one new plugin for that one, and the game plays perfectly. Why does the PSX games and emulators work fine, but the PJ64 is giving me problems?

zackiaustin

i've tried to update my graphics card or driver. it's an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 AGP. i've gone to the ati website to try and update it and i come up with a message saying "setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. please make sure you have the required hardware or software." or "setup was unable to complete the installation. try to setup your display adapter with a standard vga driver before running setup."

what should i do.

PalmTree

Usually mobility drivers are distrobuted through your OEM's website. I can't go to ati.com to get my drivers, I have to go to emachines.com... and the drivers they have there are hardly ever updated.