What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The Help Thread (Djipi's and also Federelli's packs)

microdev

Yes, that's true. The directX 8 build needs some files from this SDK. As far as I know, compiling under DX8 is prefered as DX9 causes some glitches with this plugin. You'll find the SDK here. Is your crashing problem gone with this version?

KrazyTrumpeter

I can load all the hires textures and start the game just fine with the files you provided. However, if I enable any sort of anti-aliasing, it will crash the game. AA is the main reason I want to use the Rice plugin instead of the Glide64 plugin.

I will grab the DX8 SDK and compile with that, though. Does the SDK include all the end-user files to run DX8 applications as well?

Also, I saw that 6.1.9 had some lines in the TextureFilters.cpp that allowed for up to 256x textures. Would I be able to just copy over those extra lines and add them to this version? The 6.1.9 still crashes for me, and I didn't know what changes you made to 6.1.4 to make it stop crashing on Vista/Win7.

Last edited:

microdev

I can load all the hires textures and start the game just fine with the files you provided. However, if I enable any sort of anti-aliasing, it will crash the game. AA is the main reason I want to use the Rice plugin instead of the Glide64 plugin.

I will grab the DX8 SDK and compile with that, though. Does the SDK include all the end-user files to run DX8 applications as well?

Also, I saw that 6.1.9 had some lines in the TextureFilters.cpp that allowed for up to 256x textures. Would I be able to just copy over those extra lines and add them to this version? The 6.1.9 still crashes for me, and I didn't know what changes you made to 6.1.4 to make it stop crashing on Vista/Win7.

The crash was caused by variables that are under certain conditions uninitialized in the graphics library code. (the c-code loading the png files). A diff will tell you the exact location.

Sure, you can port the scaling code without problems. The approach is the same for whatever size you like to support. A more sophisticated way to calculate the needed scaling factor would be to use the logarithm of 2 for detecting it instead of these dull if statements.

KrazyTrumpeter

Yeesh, now I'm getting compile errors.

Creating library RiceVideoStable.lib and object RiceVideoStable.exp
TextureFilters.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FreeBMGImage@4 referenced in function "bool __stdcall LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile(char *,unsigned char * *,int &,int &,int)" (?LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile@@YG_NPADPAPAEAAH2H@Z)
TextureFilters.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ReadPNG@8 referenced in function "bool __stdcall LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile(char *,unsigned char * *,int &,int &,int)" (?LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile@@YG_NPADPAPAEAAH2H@Z)
Render.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WritePNG@36 referenced in function "bool __stdcall SaveRGBBufferToFile(char *,unsigned char *,int,int,int)" (?SaveRGBBufferToFile@@YG_NPADPAEHHH@Z)
Render.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _InitBMGImage@4 referenced in function "bool __stdcall SaveRGBBufferToFile(char *,unsigned char *,int,int,int)" (?SaveRGBBufferToFile@@YG_NPADPAEHHH@Z)
RiceVideoStable.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

Those errors are only when I try to compile the Release(non DX9) version.
I can compile the Debug(non DX9) just fine, and it loads all the high res textures as well as let's me use full AA and AF. I also ported the extra highres texture code.

Would you like me to upload it?

Last edited:

death--droid

Well I'm pretty sure I've got a Rice Video to load textures arbitrarily.
To get how much the texture has being times-ed by
Code:
newImageSize/oldimagesize
So if the texture is by the power of 2 it should load it but i don't think its quite working at this very moment.

Last edited:

Goli

Hi...
Er... sorry to revive a somewhat old thread but I'm having a little problem.
After Mario and Peach in the castle at the beggining of Paper Mario, when the castle rises it goes to a black screen.
I'm using Project 64 1.6.
Help please!
And thanks beforehand :).

Toasty

Sony battery
Not only is this an old thread, but it has nothing to do with the question you asked. Why not start a thread of your own to cover your problem?