What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The Help Thread (Djipi's and also Federelli's packs)

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING

Any questions pertaining to "where do i put such and such textures" for the mod that is CEL-DA by Djipi and the hi rez mod by Federelli.

PLEASE NOTE: Djipi's mod is unfinished, there have been some releases BUT.

Most releases are NOT in there proper folders for insertion into the Zelda game.

PLEASE DO NOT POST FOR HELP WITH INSTALLING THE TEXTURES
in the Dijipi's and Federelli's threads, as this is making progress/texture support and reports hard to find and is slowing down the mod making process why people stop to help... if you need help, continue reading below.

Right with that out of the way.

First you need Rice's video plugin that can be found HERE (beta 10 & BMGlib)

If you are using project64 or 1964 emus then you need to make a folder in the main emu folders, plugin folder (now i see why someone hasn't explained this lol) called hires_texture and in that one, another called, The Legend of Zelda.

IE:

C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\The Legend of Zelda

For world textures like the early release of Kokiri Forest u need to add the Kokiri Forest folder to a folder in the legend of Zelda folder named WORLD TEXTURES

IE:

C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\The Legend of Zelda\World Textures\Kokiri Forest

Also in this folder you can place other locations like Fire Temple and Hyrule Castle.....

HUD textures go in a folder in the main, "The Legend of Zelda" folder called HUD

IE

C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\The Legend of Zelda\HUD

As stated, this is a WIP (work in progress) so all the correct texture paths have not been finalised yet.

Best thing to do, is download Federelli's mighty fine texture project pack and copy it to the plug-ins folder of your chosen emulator, then use that as a basis to work from, or better yet, install two installs with different directory names, of your chosen emulator, then install the pack into both emu plugin folder, and over right one pack with Djipi's teaser releases and leave the other one alone, that way u can have both texture packs and not have to rename them or change them in anyway once they are finished.

(i take no responsibility if Federelli shoots you for copying over his pack with someone Else's :) )

But its a mighty fine pack and worthy of the download anyway

HINT the red text is click-able :p

PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION FIRST its really not that scary i promise

PLEASE NOTE: that both Federelli and Djipi's packs ARE NOT FULLY finished yet so support is limited, so to take the strain off of the main projects, post a help request here

The cel-shaded ZELDA model you see in the Djipi thread is a plugin made by ORKIN and is also a unfinished & unreleased PLUGIN so please do not ask how to/for the textures/for the plugin to make ZELDA cel-shaded

RIGHT THINGS FOR THE PACK THREADS

do not post constant requests for releases as this is not helpful
do not post comments like "i don't like it" without giving a good explanation as this is not constructive or motivating

but please be polite and make nice (if you like something) or constructive (if you think something is wrong) comments about their work, but please remember, at the end of the day when all is said and done, its their project and their final word.

:) :party:

Last edited by a moderator:

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Thank you, The_Agent. This is EXACTLY what this forum needs - just ask all your questions here so that we'll be able to answer them without peeving off the guys in the texture projects. Hopefully this will slow down the constant "how do I make it cel-shaded" and "where do I put teh texturas" posts in the threads.

OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

No Problem matey,

its also going to be easier this way and fast for those that need the help, as its not hijacking the authors original posts with requests for help, with trying to install a unfinished pack... :D

Not only that it took me 9 hours to go through all the pages of Djipi's thread, it seemed like every 3rd post was someone having problems installing something that wasn't finished yet???

anyway all we need now, are some peeps with problems lol

OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

Kiggles said:
Everyone keep links handy so you can just redirect any questions into this thread ASAP. :)
even better, add it as a link to your signiture :D
like so :)( no pointy down button)

xneoangel

Persona User
Yeah this thread its nice it should be made a sticky that way the threads of texture projects in development wont get flooded with questions on how to use the textures.

Good work.

Cheers :party:

OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

xneoangel said:
Yeah this thread its nice it should be made a sticky that way the threads of texture projects in development wont get flooded with questions on how to use the textures.

Good work.

Cheers :party:

sticky? never had any of my posts stickied before :blush:

OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

lol, looks like im going to be the first one then, how ironic

anyone know the correct folder path to add sky textures to zelda, so i can test out my new sky tile that im working on, hopefully for djipi's Zelda mod

**Edit** never mind about the correct folder path for sky textures lol figured it out

its

/hires_texture/The Legend Of Zelda/sky

lol

just want to see how it fairs with the rest of the textures in the pack first, also i seem to be having a problem with my save games where its not wrighting to the save file, so im ending up having to do the deku tree every time i start up, does some one have a Zelda OoT 1.0/1.2 (U) save where i can get access to the hyrule field please

Last edited:

Miretank

Lurking
good work 007, err The_Agent :p . but do you want my opinion? even this thread as sticky, some people won't read this and will continue to do the same thing.
at least you can try, and for the sake of the forum, we hope this thread will work :)
nice work.

OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

MiretanK.O said:
good work 007, err The_Agent :p . but do you want my opinion? even this thread as sticky, some people won't read this and will continue to do the same thing.
at least you can try, and for the sake of the forum, we hope this thread will work :)
nice work.

yep i know that one all to well, thank Q to all for the kind words about it,

i know not everyone who comes here will read this, but hopefully it should help to stem the tide of Questions directed at project leaders, its always guaranteed that you get someone who can work a computer but doesn't know how to click on important topic's and read whats been posted before they make a fool of themselves

007 lol :gunman: aww no bond smiley

Last edited:
OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

you might not, but i think when u make sub-folders its easier to replace textures at a later date with out worry about weather your over righting the wrong one, plus if you make a mistake and add the wrong texture but not sure what its called it will be easier to search one folder with a few textures in than a whole folder with all of them in especially if u didn't notice until in-game

but id say it boils down to personal preference :D