What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The Help Thread (Djipi's and also Federelli's packs)

Darklord89

koolkarts said:
Hi there, I need some help. Everytime I load the textures with Project64, the PJ64 Window mysteriously closes after displaying the texture loading text. Does anyone know what's going wrong? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated.

That happened to me before, so i changed the render engine from Direct X to OpenGL in the options and it worked fine then.
So go to options - configure graphics plugin - general options tab - change to OpenGL and see if that works.

Last edited:

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Darklord89 said:
That happened to me before, so i changed the render engine from Direct X to OpenGL in the options and it worked fine then.
So go to options - configure graphics plugin - general options tab - change to OpenGL and see if that works.
Thanks! That helped! But the game still runs really slowly though :(

Toasty

Sony battery
Finally got around to trying out the pack today and am having a problem with a few of the textures not loading. I tried playing with the settings a bit, but couldn't get it fixed. Anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it? (Sorry, my comments on the screenshots got a little washed out by the compression.)

Major Tom

Hi guys, i have some problems with the cel-shaded sky (included in the djipi's pack), which is actually not cel-shaded but still the old one.

What's the prob with that?

sky0sr.jpg

Last edited:

mini_mike86

im having trouble with Djipis cell shaded mod

im having trouble with Djipis cell shaded mod. when i go into the subscreen the top portion of the menu doenst show correctly. ive checked the hi_res files and they are definatly there they just dont appear. i probably need to change the setting on the graphics plug-in but to what????

THELEGENDOFZELDA-1.jpg

mini_mike86

oh ok. I dont suppose anyone knows the filenames of the english texture headings so i can create/edit my own english ones?

2kool4skool

Hi people! Sorry... I know you guys must be really annoyed with all of this as of late, but about 2/3rds of the textures aren't loading for me :/

I have the latest version of Rice's Plugin, and the load textures if avaliable option is selected... and I have "The Legend of Zelda" folder in the "hires_textures" folder... and about 1/3rd of the textures load, but not the location specific ones. Ie. the ground loads fine everywhere, but Kokiri forest looks regular except the grass and other common objects, but the place specific objects aren't being loaded...

Do you know how to fix this?

Thank you!

EDIT: OpenGL loads the beginning N64 logo, but it still isn't fixing it :/

Oh, and this is for the Cel Shaded Zelda texture pack.

Last edited:

Biggles

I'm having some issues with OOT in pj64 using rice's GFX plugin (beta10). When I run the game in direct x, some objects appear grey or silver where they should be coloured, when I run it in openGL one of the hearts doesn't appear (whichever heart I'm currently full up to). I also find that if I don't put the settings up to the point where the game lags then it goes way too fast. Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

2kool4skool

I found a solution to my problem that should work. You might want to direct people who complain about some textures not loading here.

For all of you who are having problems with certain textures not loading!

First, you have to have everything set up right. See this tutorial for details: http://www.classicgaming.com/bayoudejital/ds/temp/celzelda.html

Second, make sure that you guys have the latest version of Rice's Plugin and BMGlib.dll (not BMGlibPNG.dll). They can be downloaded here and here.

Now make sure that in your settings or "change plug-ins" (in either PJ64 or 1964) says(for your video plugin) Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10.

Now, go into your graphic settings and do all of the settings as seen in the video tutorial above, but also make sure your Render Engine (in the general options tab) says OpenGL (be warned... it might run very slowly and at around 10 fps for the first minute or so).

And everything should load perfectly... FOR SURE.

toton

Ok i am a complete noob and have no clue at all how to use this mod. I just wanna play Zelda with cellshaded grfx. And the tutorial link in the above post does not work for me....
please dont kill me *hides*

toton

ok i finally got the graphics to load but this doesntlook like cell shading tome... Where are the outlines? Or the hard shadows? Am i doing something wrong? It just looks like replaced textures no cellshading...

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
It IS just replaced textures. The cel-shading is being done via another plugin which is still in its alpha phase (i.e, unreleased) - you'll have to wait for it to be released if you want all the bells and whistles. However, it looks quite cel-shaded as is, no? So, it's still quite good.

toton

Googol said:
It IS just replaced textures. The cel-shading is being done via another plugin which is still in its alpha phase (i.e, unreleased) - you'll have to wait for it to be released if you want all the bells and whistles. However, it looks quite cel-shaded as is, no? So, it's still quite good.

oh ok cool
im not saying ts not good or anything like that
just expected it to be celshaded with rice's plugin