What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The Help Thread (Djipi's and also Federelli's packs)

ChimouJ

Can't get any of the hi-res textures working. I made 1964\hires_testure\The Legend of Zelda and all that. I unextracted the files from the ZIP file. I also have "Load hi-res textures if available" selected. They still don't load.

I even changed it to be in a higher solution. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
^^ I doubt that this is the problem, but it's supposed to be in the plugin folder, and it's called hires_texture.
If that's all done correctly, perhaps you need a newer version of the plugin, or your download was corrupted. Possibly, you have a bad rom, so check with GoodN64.
If all that fails, then post again with more specific info, and we may or may not be able to help you with the problem. Good Luck!

ChimouJ

Yeah, I didn't actually typo the real folder. Anyway, I got some of the textures working, but not all of them.

The only textures that loaded are the logo, the save selection screen, and button icons. Everything else is the same.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Which version of OoT are you using? And, what internal name does it have? Also, have you checked it with GoodN64 yet? Finally, you could try redownloading the pack, in case it was corrupted.
What did you do to get those textures working?

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Hi there, I need some help. Everytime I load the textures with Project64, the PJ64 Window mysteriously closes after displaying the texture loading text. Does anyone know what's going wrong? Also when I use another ROM, the Master Quest one, the game loads but all I see is weird floating images. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated.

n0neslave

when i go to settings, it says application failed to initialize and that bmg.lib and the rice video plugins cant be found, but there, what is wrong, i noticed on the standard plugins in the folder there is a number that says like 1.01.1 or sumthing, do i need to make the new plugins have that 2? plz help me.

El Kameleon

on the general options tab, make sure to uncheck the "hide advanced options" box. you should really try to figure things out yourself before posting every problem you you come across.

n0neslave

i did try things out, im not a nub i jsut joined this forum recently tho. and thanks.

edit
there is no general options tab, this is getting on my nerves now.

another edit
ok yes there is

ok one more edit
ok i clicked load hi res textures if possible thing but they didnt load, i reset it and stuff, still didnt load.

Last edited:

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
koolkarts said:
Hi there, I need some help. Everytime I load the textures with Project64, the PJ64 Window mysteriously closes after displaying the texture loading text. Does anyone know what's going wrong? Also when I use another ROM, the Master Quest one, the game loads but all I see is weird floating images. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone found any help?

supermario19

First off I would just like to say that everything I have seen here is amazing. You guys have done some awesome work on these games and I am dying to play them. Heres my problem though, my computer sucks and running an n64 emulator on it is a no go. I do however have an n64 emulator running on my xbox (I dont know if its against forum rules for me to say that or not, but i think it should be ok here) I am using surreal 64, which is a package of 1964, project 64 and ultrahle. I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums of how to get it working for this emulator, or if it the same proccess. If someone could please help that would be great.
(ps sorry I'm kind of a noob here and this might be the wrong topic to be posting this in)
thanks to anyone who can help me.

edit: oh also i was wondering, if its not possible to install the plugin for surreal then is there a way i can patch the texture plugins directly into the rom file on my pc and then transfer the rom to my xbox and play it with high res? thanks again

Last edited:

besson3c

Can these textures be applied to my working OoT ROM and transferred to another emulator?

I'd love to get working on my Mac, running Sixtyforce or MUpen... Is this wishful thinking?

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Hi there, I need some help. Everytime I load the textures with Project64, the PJ64 Window mysteriously closes after displaying the texture loading text. Does anyone know what's going wrong? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated.