What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The Help Thread (Djipi's and also Federelli's packs)

OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
Martin said:
Nice, I've stuck this thread. :)
:party: :icecream: :flowers:

me first ever sticky :D

/me hugz martin

yes i know double post but im excited :saint: :blush:

zeldafan970

hey, I've been having a problem with Federlli's Zelda Pack. In it, some of the colors are incorrect and I don't know why. I asked in the topic for Federlli and was helped but something is still wrong and I don't wanna bother them again. I'm using Direct X as my render egine. But if I use opengl it is worse. The flames are still yellow, and the spiritual stones are different colors too. So I would really appreciate it if you could help me out. By the by this is a great topic idea.

xneoangel

Persona User
The_Agent said:
:party: :icecream: :flowers:

me first ever sticky :D

/me hugz martin

yes i know double post but im excited :saint: :blush:

lol man congrats i told you this thread deserved to be a sticky :p

zeldafan970 said:
hey, I've been having a problem with Federlli's Zelda Pack. In it, some of the colors are incorrect and I don't know why. I asked in the topic for Federlli and was helped but something is still wrong and I don't wanna bother them again. I'm using Direct X as my render egine. But if I use opengl it is worse. The flames are still yellow, and the spiritual stones are different colors too. So I would really appreciate it if you could help me out. By the by this is a great topic idea.

Post your system specs so that we can help you out

zeldafan970

Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 2.0 GHz, with 400 MHz system bus
512 MB 266 MHz DDR SDRAM, 2 total DIMM slots upgradable to 1.0 GB
200.0 GB (7200 rpm) hard drive
lite-On 16x maximum speed DVD-ROM drive (40x maximum speed CD-ROM)
32x12x40 CD-RW drive
nVidia GeForce2 GTS-V 64 MB DDR graphics card
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 audio card
10/100 integrated network interface card
V.92 high-speed modem
3 IEEE 1394 ports allow for digital video transfer in real time, plus 6 USB ports
Windows XP Home Edition operating system preinstalled

I'm a little new at this, so I wasn't quite sure what you needed. Hope this helps.

xneoangel

Persona User
wow you described all your PC we only need your CPU, GFX card and your memory

Try switching the combiner type for low end video cards and see what happens.

Do you have the latest DirectX installed?

zeldafan970

no when I changed the combiner type for low end video cards it looked even worse. I think the problem may be my version of DirectX. I think it is too old a version. If you have a link, or the name of the most recent version for me to google it would be great because I keep looking and I can't find it.

Kiggles

This is a fairly generic question, and should probably belong in the Rice Plugin topic, BUT, it's regarding Zelda textures specifically, so I'll throw it in here, for the time being.

I'm currently doing some editting on the skies. Since the skies alone are such a huge project, I figure it's a good place to help out. I threw together a reasonabe skybox, cut up the textures, and got everything loaded in game. All of the tiles are where there, and where they should be. Only problem is, NONE of them tile properly.

The format is png, from the PNG_all dump. I'm using a stock list of file names, so here's an example to help everyone know what texture set I am using.
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#F9776A92#2#1#4B244EAB_ciByRGBA.png

Just what am I doing wrong, or, is here any way around this? I have plenty of work left on the skybox, but I don't want to continue any further until I know of a solution to get this tiled propperly.

Thanks a bunch.

Mollymutt

I think I can shed some llight on this. Just because the tiles are rectangular, it doesn't mean that each tile fits together exactly like they were puzzle pieces. This game is 3d, so some of the tiles overlap, meaning some of them aren't 100% visible to make them fill the entire sky area. Think of it as a circular area. What I did on another game was, make a box of the whole area I was doing, and drag each tile into place. Then, nudge each tile pixel by pixel intil it matches up. I know it's a HUGE pain in the @ss, but I can't think of any other way to do it. Geez, I'm rambling! LOL

Kiggles

Ouch. I think I understand what you're saying though. Essentially, manually adjust each tile until everything fits. Holy crap, I hope I don't have to go that far. I'll wait out some more responses before I even attempt any of that Tom foolery.

Thanks for the reply, all the same. I did toy with the idea of editting at a scale of -2 pixes per tile, so each tile is 126, square, although they are saved as 128 square. It seemed to have helped, but that may have just been wishful thinking. I really hope there is some sort of uniform solution out there. 5 or six tiles I can deal with. 48x6... nah.

Mollymutt

I'm doing a little experiment on the sky, and this is going to be the biggest mess I could imagine. Check out how it matches up.

Im Bored

lol@censors
Yeah, it basically looks like overlap or an issue with how the graphics are applied...It doesnt take TOO long to fix, but is time consuming enough. What i would do, and ive done it before on other games, is make a save state, nudge a tile, then save and reload save state, repeat etc etc. It can help if you draw on the tile with a bright colour, say, a 2px line, just to get an idea of the edge, and then edit it...

Nice sky btw.

Kiggles

I got the tiling issue solved. All tiles are offset by 4 pixels (at 128px squared). Therefore, if you overlap every tile of the sky by just as many pixels in all directions everything fits perfectly. :)

OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
just a thought, if anyone gets really bored and wants to type up any step by step tutorials about dumping and texturing hints and tips, add it to this tread and ill post a link to the page number on the first page of this thread

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Kiggles you are a god!!!!!

How do the tiles look at night and in stormy weather, or are those tiles different.

I hope you can take a look at Majora's Mask skies, and try some of them at some point in the future, that game has lots of interesting skies...