What's new

Xbox 360 prices released!

Jaz

Ex-Mod
And it's very reasonable. Can't wait! :happy:

Microsoft Announces Xbox 360 Price for Europe: Starts at £209.99

Ending weeks of speculation about which upcoming video game platform will give gamers the greatest value, today at the German Games Convention, Microsoft Corp. revealed that consumers can get their hands on Xbox 360™ — the most powerful and feature-packed next-generation video game and entertainment system — for as little as £209.99 starting this Christmas. For gamers who want to experience the ultimate digital entertainment thrill ride, Microsoft also announced a model with over one hundred pounds worth of accessories for £279.99, giving consumers the definitive entertainment experience at an unbelievable value right out of the box.

For gamers who want the ultimate experience (and the best value) right out of the box, Microsoft will offer the £279.99 Xbox 360 console. This premium edition — distinguished by signature metallic detailing on the console itself — comes fully loaded for the ultimate gaming experience, with components and accessories that would cost over £100 if sold separately:

· Xbox 360 console. Sexy styling that packs a punch — three powerful core processors are poised to pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.

· Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB). 20 GB and detachable, the hard drive allows gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels, demos and community-created content from Xbox Live Marketplace.

· Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Hassle-free high-performance precision wireless gaming features the Xbox® Guide Button for quick access to digital movies, music and games libraries as well as a range and battery life of up to 30 feet and 30 hours of life on two AA batteries.

· Xbox 360 Faceplate. The removable Faceplate comes in stylish “chill” (white) and can be swapped out with custom Faceplates to reflect gamers’ personalities or decor.

· Xbox 360 Headset. This lets gamers strategise with team-mates or trade banter with opponents while playing games on Xbox Live.

· Xbox 360 Component HD-AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360 games and graphics through high-definition and standard-definition connections.

· Xbox Live Silver membership. With this, gamers can chat with friends online, send and receive voice and text messages, and access new content from Xbox Live Marketplace such as trailers, demos and casual games from Xbox Live Arcade.

· A bonus Media Remote. Included for a limited time, the integrated control centre for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs, movies and music, as well as access their Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC’s controls with a single remote.

Excellent news. I for one will be going for the more expensive version.

smcd

It's cheaper in the US :p $299 for basic and $399 for the "value" pack i think it is

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I think its all a crock of shit. The only reason MS did this was so they could boast they released the next gen at 299$, everyone wants the 399$ one, because it has everything MS has been telling us it had all along, I think its a shady move on their part.

Gorxon

Administrator
They DO release next-gen at $299. If you were any realistic you'd expect a $399 launch pricetag anyways, so the only thing you're left with is a cheaper alternative if that's what you want...can't see why that'd be a crook of shit.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gorxon said:
They DO release next-gen at $299. If you were any realistic you'd expect a $399 launch pricetag anyways, so the only thing you're left with is a cheaper alternative if that's what you want...can't see why that'd be a crook of shit.
That's very nice of them instead of forcing $399 down your throat. That's a very reasonable price for such an expensive console. I bet it costs way more to produce.
And as usual, the price for the UK is way too high and it's cheap in the US. Hmmm.

Martin

Administrator
Wow, that was definitely unexpected! As someone who's working in the business, this is great news. Lower prices = more people buy consoles = more people buy accessories. :p

But it's great as a gamer to hear, too. :D

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Quite lower than I had expected, though. I think I'll just get the 360, since I'm not paying an extra $100 or more for just the harddrive. As long as it has a controller I'm quite satisified. :)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Vile324 said:
Quite lower than I had expected, though. I think I'll just get the 360, since I'm not paying an extra $100 or more for just the harddrive. As long as it has a controller I'm quite satisified. :)

Dude, you might as well pay the extra and get all the accessories.

I mean, if you don't have a HD you're going to have to buy a Memory Unit which is gonna cost you $39.99 anyway. So you might as well go for the extra $100 for the HD and all the other accessories that you'll get.

Davemc

Dave
I've pre-ordered mine with Perfect Dark and Project Gotham. Can't wait. Need Xbox Live back for then, though.

WhiteX

CpU MasteR said:
All I can say is...

Playstation 3, XBOX will still be beat by Sony.

Dunno, man, if the M$ machine gets graphics similar to SONY´s without the burden of programming for the highly multithreaded PS3, M$ can actually win this thing.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You never know who's going to win a console war, but I wouldn't say any of them have actually "lost"... Nintendo is still strong, as is Microsoft... Sony might've won the last round but just because it won before doesn't mean it always will... Nintendo is a prime example. I.E. NES was on top, then Snes was on top... then sony took over.

I think all bets are on at the moment, all 3 upcoming ones sound good to me, I want the revolution the most at the moment and the xbox 360 closely second. I intend to buy all 3.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
CpU MasteR said:
All I can say is...

Playstation 3, XBOX will still be beat by Sony.
You are too sony-fanboyish, cpumaster...
We will all get the consoles we want, nevermind which one is the most poular.
All I can say is... this time, sony might get some heavy comeptition, what with the consoles launching before (xbox 360) and at the same time (revolution). We'll see...