What's new

SSF R10 released

Clements

SSF V0.07 Alpha R10 Changes according to aep-emu.de:

Interruption processing of the SCU was corrected.
Fixed in MYST, Burning ranger & Truth the goddess transmigration
Translucency processing of the VDP2 was corrected.
Sprite drawing processing of the VDP1 was corrected.
The water spray of demoniac castle Dracula X was being repaired.

With default setting there are times when it stops even with the software which until now is operational with modification of interruption processing.
That time please try decreasing the number of SH2 orders.

bootleg42

Just tested Nights and so far it seems to be funner faster during play. R9 it was REALLY slow, but in R10 it seems faster. Not perfect but ALMOST there.

OP
Lord Darkstorm

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Giri Giri can play both.
SSF can play SF3, I've never tried DF in it, but I would assume it's ok.

Both emulators have slight graphical glitches in sf3, because they don't handle the font characters properly, and the music in Giri Giri is a bit flat. But it's very playable. :)

yyyy1313

Thx for the info they work like a charm on SSF. I do wonder this is ssf v11 out cause mines says 11 instead of 10 but everyone talks about 10? Maybe I am just mistaken anywho thanks for yur help.

OP
Lord Darkstorm

Lord Darkstorm

No problem. R11 is the latest one out, but it's so new (only came out last week), there's not much discussion about it yet. Although if you look a bit further down, there is a thread about it here. ^_^

yyyy1313

Hey there I was wondering if you tried this emulator with SF3, I am having not so much as a problem but just curious if this has happen to anyone else. When I tried to use a spell the game goes into a black screen and started looping the music. Has the happen to anyone else?

OP
Lord Darkstorm

Lord Darkstorm

Yeah, after trying a few games, R11 seems to be somewhat....broken. There's a link on the guys site for older versions of ssf, I suggest you use R10.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You probably missed that but there is an updated version of R11. Just visit www.emulation64.com and download it. If the problem remains mess up with the SSF settings a bit. If it doesn't work even after that then you may have to wait for another version (or get an older one).

OP
Lord Darkstorm

Lord Darkstorm

If that's the download from the link on shinma's site that goes to r11-1, then I have it. Unfortuntely, the problems from r11 (SF3 freezing in battles, Shining the holy ark not going past the sega logo) persist. But as darkfox says, just as well to wait for r12. At the rate shinma brings them out, it will probably only be a few weeks. :)
Shame too, as r11 was the first version to run fast on my comp.

Darkfox

That guy that does stuff.
Exactly, it's a sudden kick-up in activity there, though I don't have a single clue how to read the Japanese text XD

Tweedledee

Darkfox said:
Exactly, it's a sudden kick-up in activity there, though I don't have a single clue how to read the Japanese text XD

To read some [not all I'm afraid ;( ], go to google, type "phantasy SSF" into the search bar. The SSF website is the first listing. Click on "Translate this page" to the left of the listing to view it in as much English as Google can translate. This is not a clean traslation, but it helps greatly!