What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta - 3 OoT High Res Text and Menu Project

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
mdta - TWW and TP Style Text Re-Texture

I will post updates on the 3 OoT Text and Menu packs I am working on.

These are:

Ocarina of Time Style - Text and Menus
This pack is finished and is being used in Federelli's Pack

The Wind Waker Style - Text and Menus
This pack is to be used by Djipi's pack

Twilight Princess Style - Text and Menus
This pack is to be used in a future pack

Last edited:

Dejital

I can't wait, good luck with this. Your fonts are very true to the games, and look even better in-game. As for Twilight Princess, I don't suppose you've already started working on that one.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Could someone send me the sliced map, and the sliced N64 Logo tiles please, pieced together in PSD..

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
OoT Style Pack
I have finished the map, its split up at 4x the res, here it is full size so you can see what it looks like. The Bottom scroll has been resized, all the text has been changed to Hylian, and the additional markings have been added to the left...

Last edited:

Mollymutt

I like it, but are you going to give it the sepia tone of your previous one? I thought it looked great that way. BTW, I don't think you need a border for it, beacuse the map screen has on already, and it will blend in nicely.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
This map has been coloured to match the OoT one.

I will do a sepia toned one with the lines for the Wind Waker pack, and a darker version of the map above with less colour for a Twilight Princess pack.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
OoT Style Pack - UPDATE
I have finished the Text for the Dungeon Maps, the Quest Items, the Map Location Text and the Current Location Text.

Its now 02:41 am, and I am wreaked, I shall continue tomorrow...

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Before I continue with the OoT Pack, I thought I would have a stab at something for the Twilight Princess Pack. This is an idea i have for a location graphic style. its not identical to TP, but in the same style. If anyone has any suggestions please post them.

Now back to translating in the OoT Pack...

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Federelli now has all he needs for his pack. I will ask him to pack all the text together once he has finished what he needs, and then I will make sure it is added here in this thread.

Now I will be working on both a TWW Style Text pack for Djipi's pack, as well as Twilight Princess Style Text, which may be used in a future pack based on the game.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
TP Style Pack

I have decided on the Styles I will use for the TP Style Location Names...
Green as in the demo for locations, Orange for Temples/Dungeons

English Locations Finished...

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
TWW Style Pack

English Locations Finished...

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I release stuff to Fed and Djipi so they can work with it, but I wont release all to the public until it is complete.

I am wondering if someone can help me with the Wind Waker Map, I_AM_BORED sent me a very nice map, which I have made use of after some tweaks, but I am wondering how the clouds work on the map, so I have created two versions of the Map (both resized to 600px width for the web) and am hopeing someone could try some tests to get the clouds working.

I imagine you could cut from the clouded map, to make it work, but my Photoshop Skills are not very impressive, so if you think you can help, I can send you the PDF file...

Last edited:

Mollymutt

I believe the clouds are a seperate thing that the game automaticly uses to open areas that you access. They are not textures that have to be edited. That map is great.