What's new

Spunky gonna love Crapssini

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
The lamers did it again and even worse this time.

Here's some of the few things you can find in their latest "release"

crapssini3.png

Spunky's original cheat program.
crapssini4.png

Another exemple :
crapssini1.png

Isn't this familiar ? :whistling
http://www.geocities.com/cdmage/
crapssini2.png

Haruspex

Squaresoft74 you are damn right!

I cant believe it!This time it goes too far...

But...

Isnt cassini the best saturn emulator or not?

Even if the code and the programs are all stolen.

Edit Off-Topic Warning-Wow! Look at my posts i joined feb 2005 & i only have 3 posts.

OP
Squaresoft74

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Haruspex said:

But...

Cassini itself is nothing.
The "original" commercial GiriGiri is the good emulator that desserve the credit , not that repacked shit.

Still if you have a recent cpu supporting sse2 instructions, SSF is the Saturn emulator of choice atm.
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/index.html

Haruspex

Originally Posted By Squaresoft74

Cassini itself is nothing.
The "original" commercial GiriGiri is the good emulator that desserve the credit , not that repacked shit.

Still if you have a recent cpu supporting sse2 instructions, SSF is the Saturn emulator of choice atm.

yes i know the story about giri giri & damn no i dont have a cpu that supports the sse2 instructions.

I just have an amd sempron 2400+

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I wonder if there is something in this project that it's not stolen... Probably there isn't.

Trotterwatch

Haruspex said:

But...

Edit Off-Topic Warning-Wow! Look at my posts i joined feb 2005 & i only have 3 posts.

Cassini IS one of the best Saturn Emulators, but that is only by virtue of Giri Giri hacked being one of the best Saturn Emulators (seeing as this just steals in whole Giri Giri hacked, and then steals a few more utilities - then it would be considered by association 'good').

This is however not ever going to have increased compatability, a fancy plugin system etc The 'programmers' (lol) don't have source code, nor have they shown the ability to do anything more than a cheap and very lame resource hack.

If they were to rename it Giri Giri hack - and stop with the pathetic pretence that they have added anything original to it, then maybe then I'd give it a bit more respect.

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
It's sad a good majority of the other emulation sites post news about it and spread the word about it. A year ago we did our best to stop development but this time around I am going to take an ignore stance and just let whatever happens happen ..

OP
Squaresoft74

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Keith said:
This time around I am going to take an ignore stance and just let whatever happens happen ..
I agree they shouldn't be newsed at all on any decent emulation site.
But on the other hand it should be pointed out to the mass they're nothing but lamers who steal others' work and will never bring a single improvement to the emulator itself.
Way too many people quote this emulator as something "real".

Spunky , i'd be really curious to see what kind of crappy excuse they would give you for the leak/hack of your program.
At least if they ever reply. :yucky:

Last edited:

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Seems worthy of a post I guess .. ah hell time to spread some truth over at EF. :)

Thanks for the information Squaresoft74. ;)

Derek

less evil admin ;)
Since nothing has changed, we'll just regurgitate the same post we made a year ago over at emuhelp ;)

First and foremost, this appears to be nothing more than a no-so-elaborate hack. Releasing disassembled ASM hardly qualifies it as “Open Source”, and adding a front-end does not constitute a new project. To claim so is a slap in the face to all the hard work emulator authors have put in over the years.

Ignoring that point, and assuming that the merits of the “continued” GiriGiri are true, it is hardly legal. The Cassini team claims a few things that are simply not true. They claim that Sega did not renew their copyright, and thus the emulator has entered into the Public Domain. As proof, they have been using an e-mail from Sega of America Technical Support.

First, as anyone who has ever contacted a corporate customer support line, I wouldn’t feel comfortable letting most support technicians walk my dog, let alone decide the legal status of intellectual property. Lawyers are needed to renounce a copyright, not low level technical support.

Second, copyrights are not up for renewal, and could not yet have expired. Neither in US Law, Japanese law, or from the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (1971, http://www.law.cornell.edu/treaties/berne/overview.html ) does a copyright expire any earlier than 50 years after the work has been made available to the public. From Article VII of the Berne Convention:

(1) The term of protection granted by this Convention shall be the life of the author and fifty years after his death.

(3) In the case of anonymous or pseudonymous works, the term of protection granted by this Convention shall expire fifty years after the work has been lawfully made available to the public. However, when the pseudonym adopted by the author leaves no doubt as to his identity, the term of protection shall be that provided in paragraph (1). If the author of an anonymous or pseudonymous work discloses his identity during the above-mentioned period, the term of protection applicable shall be that provided in paragraph (1). The countries of the Union shall not be required to protect anonymous or pseudonymous works in respect of which it is reasonable to presume that their author has been dead for fifty years.

GiriGiri is NOT in the Public Domain. At best, it is abandonware, which is still illegal to redistribute as your own. Even that distinction is questionable. As per EmuHelp policy, we do not condone the distribution of illegal software.

It is Team Cassini’s responsibility to prove that the intellectual property has fallen into Public Domain use. The Burden of Proof is on them. If an e-mail from a technical support representative, who’s not qualified to make that decision, from a company who doesn’t even own the copyright (the e-mail came from Sega of America, Sega of Japan is the legal copyright owner), and who tells them to contact the Legal Department, is enough proof for Team Cassini, so be it. If they do not feel the need to look up copyright law, and to take “Sandi’s” advice and further inquire with the Legal Department, then that is their prerogative. However, at EmuHelp, we are going to be a little more responsible in these matters. Until legal notice from Sega of Japan, we will consider GiriGiri to still be property of Sega.

Ignorance is not an acceptable defense in a court of law.

Last edited:
OP
Squaresoft74

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
And off course you'll notice in the 1st post there is absolutly no mention of the facts/screenshots posted here.
They simply quoted selected parts to make it looks like free flaming.

.:stupid:

Trotterwatch

I love the idiots on that board who think we're the ones being dumb for not 'reading'. Fuck if they followed the same philosophy, we'd be all in agreeance (though one suspects their brain capacity is similar to that of an amoeba, so perhaps not.)