What's new

Spunky gonna love Crapssini

Miretank

Lurking
lol Snail just can't stop mentioning me .. do I have a stalker?
no, maybe he is not man and is loving you! :evil: :evil: SNAIL LIKES KEITH! SNAIL LIKES KEITH! SNAIL LIKES KEITH!!! :evil: :p just kidding hey :)
i can't understand one thing. doesn't he understand that he is the wrong? imho, a person with a equilibrated mind could surely understand that he commited a fault and, for question of good education, ask forgiveness for the ones who were harmed in the situation. but no, this snail just flame and defend something that is clearly wrong.

Runik

Saturnin forever !
MiretanK.O said:
i can't understand one thing. doesn't he understand that he is the wrong? imho, a person with a equilibrated mind could surely understand that he commited a fault and, for question of good education, ask forgiveness for the ones who were harmed in the situation. but no, this snail just flame and defend something that is clearly wrong.
He's living in his own little world, where everybody loves his "work", giving him legitimacy in his way of thinking (without giving second thought about people not sharing his views)

Beware Kieth, teh l33t h4xx0r !!! :p

Anyway, it's my first post here, I've been reading around sometimes but never registered ... so here I am :)
Greetings everyone ! :party:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Snail is just a guy who doesn't want to listen what the people that don't agree with him have to say. Therefore he bans people, deletes threads, makes his forum "members only", etc.
This doesn't happen here so he says that "ET is a flaming forum" just because we have the right to disagree (excluding cases that have to do with liks/uploads and questions about illegal matterial and generally the *reasonable* rules).

Last but not least, Welcome to ET Runik. What took you so long? :p

Chazam

Hi there.
I'm new to the Saturn emulation scene and just read through the whole of this thread with intrigue!
I didn't know that Cassini was a rip off o another emulator but it seems so obviously so. :yucky:
I was just wondering how they got away with it?
Doesn't anyone own GiriGiri anymore?
Anyway, is it wrong to be using Cassini on my PC (What is the legalitiy of Cassini if it is indeed a ripoff of GiriGiri?)?
I can't get Satourne to work (It crashes as soon as I chose the SH2 plug-in) and SSF is too slow on my Laptop (Specs below)
What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Trotterwatch

Chazam said:
Hi there.
I was just wondering how they got away with it?
Doesn't anyone own GiriGiri anymore?
Anyway, is it wrong to be using Cassini on my PC (What is the legalitiy of Cassini if it is indeed a ripoff of GiriGiri?)?
I can't get Satourne to work (It crashes as soon as I chose the SH2 plug-in) and SSF is too slow on my Laptop (Specs below)
What do you suggest?
Thanks!

They have gotten away with it because a lot of sites included several 'reputable' ones didn't wish to here any arguements that what they were doing wasn't totally legit. Due to one of those sites, the thing spread like the plague. Users use it blissfully unaware that the emulator is like Frankensteins monster.

GiriGiri is I believe still in the ownership of Sega, though not sure about the whys and wherefores of copyright law. One thing for certain is they haven't had any permission, nor is the code in the public domain.

Is it wrong to use it? Well the emulator is excellent, the parts they have stolen are all very good in their own respective ways. Put it this way, if I stole PJ64 and called it Trotterwatch64 - the emulator would still be great, it'd just be looked down upon because I'd have done nothing but made a cheap hack to change the name of it.

That is what the Cassini team have laughably done - taken other peoples work and cobbled it together any which way they can. Failing to give credit to the work stolen, and unbelievably refusing to remove something which an author has quite openly stated they are refused permission to use.

If it works for you, by all means use it - just be careful how much praise you lavish upon it, and always know that you are using something created by others, not by Snail et al.

///

And Welcome to Emutalk Runik :)

Hawq

Keith said:
Posted today regarding 4.0 and it's mirrors.

lol Snail just can't stop mentioning me .. do I have a stalker?

Funny how he always says "spending month after month, year after year, trashing the emulator, attacking its hosting servers, members and forums, as well as other projects"

- Only known about the project for a year .. so where does year after year come from?
He hit 88 in a delorean maybe? or its another 'fact' from his own little world in which he is god

Hawq

More deleting of innocent threads it seems, this one has mysterisouly vanished, its almost like they didnt want anyone to tell him the truth, that its not advanced from the original giri giri hack other than having more things thrown in with it. Cant think why theyd want to hide that fact ;)

Borisz

Hawq said:
More deleting of innocent threads it seems, this one has mysterisouly vanished, its almost like they didnt want anyone to tell him the truth, that its not advanced from the original giri giri hack other than having more things thrown in with it. Cant think why theyd want to hide that fact ;)
They also suspended that account.

(edit: this may be extreme for you guys, but if theres anyone, with sql access to some of the forums where snail or barnito posted, willing to help out, I could... mess with them a bit.)

Last edited:

Hawq

Well theres more, shockingly, in the hate campaign they seem to have against this fine place & the truth, those few of us not banned there can read the thread here for the rest of you heres some shots of it, follow the links:
Pt1, Pt 2, Pt 3, Pt 4, Pt 5, Pt 6 & finally Pt 7 note the names of the shots come from the title of the thread. When did anyone shout Jihad then?

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Heh thanks for the good laugh. Who uses Tera-Byte.Com for hosting? Certainly not us. Not sure where he gets his information but like usual he is extremely misinformed. I love how he thinks we as in the people responsible for EmuTalk have anything to do with this. Obviously Snail has no concept of the law and is talking out his ass as usual. The responsibility lies with the people doing whatever off the wall things he claims. It has nothing to do with EmuTalk. Snail comes off very closed minded and very unintelligent and pretty n00bish. He must be either naive or dumb if he thinks this is the only place that has the same views about the Cassini project. This is the first time Cassini has even been mention for some time now .. and only in response to Snail's drama queened rants :D

If there is any "Hate" going on it's Snail's Hate of the truth here at EmuTalk. ;)

Borisz

I'm quite sure that that FBI email is fake too, judging from the reply that that Druid guy got... Heck, I don't know how the FBI works but it seems like a random [email protected] kind of address.

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
Trotterwatch said:
He's got an Atari programmer as his lawyer too, awesome.

lmao! Googled Greg Zumwalt and ended up on a page calle "Hack of the year"
great :icecream:

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Seems like Snail got his information from doing a whois on the emutalk.net domain .. and is spreading around Martin's personal information to the public such as his e-mail which violates agreement of the whois. If anything he is using Martin's e-mail without authorization and urging people to spam him with complaints that have nothing to with him or anyone here at EmuTalk. Pretty lame if you ask me :p .. and to think Snail claims we are the ones causing problems. lol :D

I am still curious how we promote hate and tell people to so called "terrorize" them. Heck I have no hate for Snail and find him a bit entertaining and always good for a laugh.

Snail has been grasping at straws for so long he might as well be a farmer. :p .. heck we can be Snail's scapegoats since he loves to use us that way to hide his hacking, stealing and illegal ways and always seems to claim it as Cassini Team work .. lol :D

Trotterwatch

Wow, a Lawyer.com email address can be had for free - or if you'd like to upgrade to a premium account from as little as $3.95 a month!!!!

So cheap even ex-programmers or little 'ol me can be a lawyer too :D

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Yay, fame at last! (erm feels like I've said that before :p) Maybe I'll get people over to my house so I can write autographs. :p