What's new

Spunky gonna love Crapssini

Elly

[sarcasm] Why won't the almighty snail coder code his own Saturn emulator since he's much more smarter than all of us or heck, contribute to any of the open source saturn emu projects? :whistling [/sarcasm]

Darkfox

That guy that does stuff.
Yep... that post was deleted... like all the others... I'm afraid he will not be reasonable...

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
*Nods*
I saw both of onimaru's posts before they were deleted, and they were both totally reasonable. But even things he admits he took he hasn't given credit for, and posts that try to ask him in a non flame manner are deleted. Unacceptable.
The forums now member only, as well.
Sigh...To think I ever thought there might be some real changes to GiriGiri...

Last edited:

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Welcome to ET Lord Darkstorm. As I know Snail monitors this thread hopefully he can see that more and more people are starting to notice how he is avoiding the claims of his hacking of other programs. It is really sad.

Apparently he thinks all messages posted over on their forums that is even related to the hacking claims all come from Spunky .. so they are deleted and the ip banned even when they are not.

The posts by Onimaru were deleted 3 times and everytime the post were very respectable and contained no flaming whats so ever. Just the fact that they were deleted is a red flag to anyone who thinks this project is legit.

All this is to be expected because that is the type of person Snail is .. just look at his response to people asking about Sega's approval ..

Snail said:
Its been more then a year since the public has gotten much news on this subject.

In short...
Sega of America no longer exists.
Sega of Japan does not care so long as no money/profits are made.
The "Cassini Emulator" has been Trademarked.

While not the overwhelming support we hoped we might get from Sega or Sammy, the bottom line is, Team Cassini has the legal right to release this work so long as we don't step on Japan's toes.

I would also like to add, no member of Team Cassini has received a single complain, threat, or flaming from any of Sega or Sammy...
unlike the ingrates, some 2,000+ who flooded my email.

To date, an estimated 50,000 copies of Gav's GiriGiri and nearly 250,000 copies of Cassini 1.0 have been downloaded in the past year just from our homepage alone.

Based on the current curve, Cassini 2.0 would have surpassed that... if not for this weeks release of Cassini 3.

As such, no further debates, flames, or complaints about legality will be tollerated.
The matter is settled.
His reasonings behind stuff is a joke. The guy is not even taken serious by any true developer I know of .. a large majority of the main emulation sites don't even take this project seriously. The guy is never going to get respect and that is fine with me and hopefully as more facts come out about Snail and his hacking people will see the truth once again. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also wanted to point out his recent post regarding the changes done to Cassini and you will see there is no core changes done. According to Barnito and Snail there has been 40% to 50% code modified from the orignal girigiri .. but what was changed? They have never said.

All they did was use a resource hacker and there is only so much you can do with a resource hacker. People expecting big improvements will be waiting .. well forever. Snail even admits they do not have the true source just an automaticly dumped assembly file which is pretty much useless except for resource hacking .. which in turn is good for gui changes and dialog boxes and stuff. he also admits that if we were to use the current games.dat file with girisaturn (which is an older hack of GiriGiri before Cassini was around) it would run the same.

In his own words .. "The games.dat will depend on the game entry itself.
If using the same games.dat file on both exe, you will not see any change, since the entry data is the same."

For those of you who can't see the Cassini forums here is some screenshots of this post.

http://www.emufanatics.com/snail1.jpg
http://www.emufanatics.com/snail2.jpg
http://www.emufanatics.com/snail3.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - -

Also for those of you who did not see Onimaru's post that was deleted over and over to hide the truth here it is for you guys.

Onimaru said:
This will be the 3rd time I have posted this information. It has been deleted twice now and is a good indication that the truth is being censored. It is obvious now that Snail will not address or admit to the hacking of Giri Saturn Cheater and CDmage.

I am personally baffled by this because I would assume he would want to defend any false claims against his work and this project. If his work is legit then why has he not given solid and to the point answers to these claims? If you look at his previous posts about it he pretty much avoids the claims and even in one post talks about a program for DC cheating that is completely unrelated.

Is it really that hard to address these claims with solid proof they are not hacked and added to the Cassini package?

Why delete these posts when they are clearly respectable and mature while at the same time contain no flaming whats so ever.

For reference here is the previous post that has been deleted two times now. I am also curious what forum rules I am breaking that would cause my posts to be deleted? I am also curious how else do you want us to approach this subject? Other people flamed and it was not welcomed and I agree flaming is not needed. I have shown this project and the team behind it great respect and it would be nice to have some answers in return out of respect. Thanks for your time.

- - - - - - - - - -

The above post by Snail has no reference to the problem at hand. The above post is comparing an unrelated program that is not even being claimed of being hacked. Nobody said Chankast Cheater was the program hacked by the Cassini Team.

The program is called Giri Saturn Cheater which can be found here.

http://www.emutalk.net/saturn-shack/27603-...iricheater.html

This has been pointed out here multiple times but for some reason every reference to this information has been deleted. Can we finally please address this issue instead of avoiding it directly.

The other program that is being hacked is CDmage which Snail has not even mentioned let alone denied hacking.

http://www.geocities.com/cdmage/

People compare for yourselfs and you will see you do not need screenshots for proof when these other programs will show you when you try them.

This is no way an attempt to flame this project or trying to kill it. This post sole purpose is to finally get some answers to the hacking claims. Please be straight with us Snail rather then deleting respectable posts.

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Sorry to double post but this will come off as little weird since I will have to reply to Snail here rather then there since he likes to ban people. So in response to his posts which I will post here for you guys to see.

Snail said:
This is very sad.
Popular shitheads like Kieth, running EmuTalk, a well known and severe flaming forum that don't just bash Cassini, making life misserable for others.

I typically try to refrain from even responding to such crap, but when it keeps flowing out of him mouth year, after year, after year... one must question if this guy has nothing better to do.

He has done nothing to try and make Saturn emulation legal.
His flaming started at the mere mention that someone was going to work on the GiriGiri emulator again (months before I even had anything to do with the project... which make one wonder why he focuses all his hate at me.)

Not taken serious??? Excuse me, but I've been making coumputer for over 30 years and running a software company for nearly 25 years.
My work is used world wide and even in the US military.
Kieth knows not a damn thing about me, yet still flames on and on as though he knows me personaly.

The majority of the sites who "don't take this project seriously" fall mainly into 1 of 2 catagories...

A. Those worried about the BIOS situation
B. Those with nose-rings being led around by Kieth

As to the bios, that it wholey understandable and very subject to regional laws.
As for Keith, that he has spent years trying to destroy the work started by Team Giri, speaks for itself. With as much bitching he does, and flame wars he promotes by others, one has to wonder why he doesn't go after Mic, or Lock, or Mad, or even Sega themself, as Sega didn't even make the original emulator... no, far easier for him to go on about those he knows nothing about.

Personaly, I pitty anyone with so much hate in them.

It does however, make me want to reinforce the fact, this forum will not tollerate flaming, flamers, invites to flaming forum or flaming wars.

If you need assistance, ask.
If you were over looked on credit and want to be included, ask.
If you have a tech question, ask.
If you want to leave a possative comment, feel free.

But if all you want to do is promote more anger, hatred, and the like, by all means, go to EmuTalk and flame away. They openly welcome flamers.

Snail said:
Keith has been going on about how flamer posts or invites to flame war posts, have been deleted, even though all of Team Cassini's posts on EmuTalk were deleted first.

While EmuTalk, the heart of all the hate for Cassini, continues to delete posts supporting Cassini, they continue to try and flame our own forums with their hate.

Further, I should also like to add that at least 3 people on Kieths forum have threatened me personaly with physical violence.

The latest-
cooliscool said:
cooliscool

... I'd love to go to each of their houses individually and torture them ...
(Clearly, another case of a braggard who know's nothing about me.)

Copies of those threats/posts have been sent to Kulvagen 6 and Tera-Byte.com (hosts).
Copies have also been sent to the OJJDP, a group that investigates threats posted on the internet, which include intent to cause bodily harm. Funded by the Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention and the Department of Education for a safe internet.

Should Keith continue to opperate his hate forum as is, it will result in further action.

And Kieth, since I know you read this forum... you've been given the only warning you'll get. It's one thing to promote hate on your forums... its another to promote it to levels of threats.
Ok now to reply to this ... first off it's Keith .. not Kieth.

I do not own or run EmuTalk. I am simply an admin here. What exactly have I said or done that is so damaging to the Saturn scene? and what have you done to make the Saturn scene so much better? GiriSaturn is no worse then Cassini so in turn the scene does not really benefit from Cassini.

Also exactly where am I promoting hate? Do I explicitly tell people to hate you? Do I even use the term hate anywhere? Obviously you are grasping at straws here to somehow try and make yourself look better and to be made out to be some sort of victim. :p

Come and post on EmuTalk and I can assure you your posts will not be deleted or censored. We will not resort to censorship of the truth like you have been doing ever since the Hacking claims for Giri Saturn Cheater and CDmage came about. Exactly why are those posts deleted any ways if they are not true?

Also how have I spent years trying to stop GiriGiri? .. This whole thing only started a year ago with the Cassini project. I personally know Gavionne and have nothing against him or his work. Why would I care about previous work with GiriGiri?

It's not the emulator that is the problem it is the methods behind it and the work that has been hacked. It has always been that. I think Giri Saturn is a great emulator.

You keep going back to profanities towards me which I have never done to you out of respect and a show of maturity, but you continue to insult me. This kind of makes you a bit of a hypocrite.

As far as nothing better to do, this whole Cassini business is just a drop in the bucket of the stuff I do on a daily basis. I run an emulation site, a blog site, as well as other web development stuff not including stuff away from the Internet. So no, Cassini is not exactly a priority of mine.

As for other developers taking you seriously .. this was in reference to your work with Cassini and nothing else. I could care less what you do outside of Cassini since it doesn't even relate to the current hacking claims. Nice try at some more sympathy votes. :)

As I stated earlier where is the hate that I am promoting? Where is the flaming I am doing? I have shown nothing but respect and never broke down to insults like you tend to do. I have nothing to hide and I am always ready to apologize when I am proven wrong about the hacking claims that you refuse to address. Why not just come forward and speak the truth for once rather then trying to make us look like something we are not. You spend so much time trying to make yourself look like the victim .. but it only makes you look like someone who refuses to tell the truth.

Darkfox

Oh man, in a few days this has gone from bad to worse o_O... I do wonder if it's pride perhaps? Hm... in honesty I wouldn't let such a thing keep me from telling the truth. Then again I break down very easily under pressure, lol.

Jakob

evil *******
hmm, I'm just a little curious why no one has reported the cassini board to invisionfree, considering it's in violation of section 3.1 of the Terms of Service at invisionfree, personally, I don't care enough to do it, but damn, I'd think atleast someone would, or maybe invisionfree is too lazy to enforce their own TOS

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I respect you for keeping this fight going Keith, beyond words.. I fear, however, that we're really beating the dead horse as this "snail" character simply won't give it up. :yawn:

"Team Cassini".. I don't think I've ever despised anything so much.

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Yes actions tend to speak louder then words. In this case Snail's deletion of any post, even if respectable is an obvious sign he stole the works of others and claimed them for his project.

I can easily move on from the old arguements of a year ago because that has been proven without a doubt that Cassini is nothing more then a resource hack of GiriGiri.

It's the new theft of Giri Saturn Cheater and CDmage that should never be tolerated or excepted by anyone. Snail has made it obviously clear that he did indeed steal these projects by hacking them and including them into the Cassini package with the Cassini Team labeled all over it. Just more resource hacking and removal of any sign of the true developers.

Just more copyright infringements. I also think it is very funny when he always says that if any of the authors want credit for their work then they need to speak up .. how about asking first if you can include their work in your project first. Total disrespect for other peoples hard work. How are we supposed to appreciate Snail's work when he is doing nothing but hacking other peoples work? Nothing innovating what's so ever.

- - - - - - - -

Passive only the copyright holders can report the infringements. So Spanky and the developer for CDmage would need to make the reports to Invision Free in order to have anything done about it.

Darkfox

*sigh* It's pointless that he keeps fighting dirty... Spunky should report him, he's not going to be reasonable, he abuses his authority on his board, and he avoids all confrontations. This worries me kinda about the future of emulation itself.

It's some scary stuff that a person would resort to deleteing posts that are not flames of any kind. It is time also that Zophar ceases to support them and cut off support entirely.

Last edited:

Darkfox

Yeah I guess from the numbers against piracy in the comparison of those that do it's a losing battle for the eye-patch wearers... that are pirates (just in case there are eye-patch wearers who aren't pirates out there XD)

Trotterwatch

cooliscool said:
I respect you for keeping this fight going Keith, beyond words.. I fear, however, that we're really beating the dead horse as this "snail" character simply won't give it up. :yawn:

"Team Cassini".. I don't think I've ever despised anything so much.

Y'know they're even making that prat Zero look strangely less twattish.

Barnito/Snail are complete and utter idiots of the highest order, though I shall refrain from threats to slap them both round the head with a trout in case they get their lawyers onto me - scary stuff :D.

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
lol .. guess Snail is now banning anyone who speaks any sort of truth even if it is not related to the current hacking complaints. Guess Snail just wants praise .. for exactly what I have no clue since all he manages to do is hack other peoples hard work. :p

Thread Screenshot .. http://www.emufanatics.com/snail4.jpg

I don't see any bashing .. but oh well. :D

- - - - - - - - - - - -

In another thread it is nice to see someone with some intelligence who knows what they are talking about. (the poster is quoting Snail's responses from a previous post)

http://www.emufanatics.com/snail5.jpg

At the end of that post the user suggest giving credit .. blah why give credit how about just removing the hacks that were never given permission to be there in the first place. :D

OP
Squaresoft74

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Keith said:
lol .. guess Snail is now banning anyone who speaks any sort of truth even if it is not related to the current hacking complaints.
Yup , here's one more that mysteriously vanished...
http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap0oo.png

Snail said:
Personaly, I pitty anyone with so much hate in them.

Really ?
So , since you seem to be reading what's going on here , why do you keep flaming Keith who wasn't even the one who opened this thread which simply denounce your swindle with actual proof.

Why do you keep erasing any link on your board which could allow your "users" to check by themselves the claims made here ??
If someone is full of hate , that might be you , and especially against honnest people who denounce your illegal actions to the mass. :whistling

You've been once again caught at "cheating" , the fact and evidence are here , end of story! :whistling

Last edited:

Darkfox

Hmmmm... yep, he's going way overboard with the deleteing, and thats a perfect example of abuse of authority and power when running any forum. It's pretty tragic and is frowned upon, since I too am a leader on a couple of forums.

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
This was sent to me .. which I believe is the Cassini 4.0 readme I think. I was told it was posted by Snail .. usually I would just ignore such things but I am getting a little tired of being the face of the Snail's flames when I have very little to do with it and have moved on from this discussion awhile ago and haven't even thought about it until today when I was sent this. I am also posting this here because I know Snail will take a peek.

Snail said:
In the last release, a long time aggressive group of people led by Keith, did as they have done for ages, flamed Cassini to no end. The 2 largest complaints (aside from Cassini being based on GiriGiri) is the use of 2 tools added in 3.0. The first, a slightly modified version of CDmage. Keith and his cronies seem to feel unless THEY have copies of each and every email of communication Team Cassini has, that it must not exist and thus they have the right to cause flame wars.

(It is bad enough the amount of hatred displayed on their own forum, but then they try to repeatedly flood our own forums with their hate. They go too far however when they begin to make threats of physical injury (and for this, and this alone, have been reported to watch groups for internet violence).

On their forums, they bitch and bitch to no end that Team Cassini refuses to address their flames in this matter. And why should we? When our own forums were down for a move to a new location, they used the time to spread rumors and outright lies that Cassini was shut down for criminal activities when nothing could be further from the truth. We have better things to do then waste time with all their hatred. None the less...

>>
-------Original Message-------
Date: 04/9/03 16:42:44
To: [email protected]
Subject: Permission
I am interested in using your tool for its 2535 capabilities in a project I am working on.
-------Received Message-------
Date: 04/12/03 13:02:28
To: Snail
Subject: RE: Permission
meh, it's there for use by all
>>

First of all in my own defense I have never flaimed you or this project. You continue to associate my name with any negetivity you may receive which has nothing to do with me. You continue to act like I have nothing better to do then "flame" or "hate" you and your projects. This couldn't be farther from the truth. For one, this discussion here and elsewhere lasted about a week and ended awhile ago. We have moved on from this but you continue to make claims against me. I haven't even been online that much lately let alone gave a second thought about Cassini.

As far as the CDmage claim why couldn't you have said something from the start that you had permission and why didn't you provide the proper credits? If you want to prevent negetive feedback then you shouldn't prolong the issues. I said in an early post that I would apologize if I was wrong. I will take the e-mail as proof enough that you had permission and apologize for the CDmage claim.

Snail said:
Next, was the outrage caused by the new loader.

I want to make it clear, that the code was submitted for use by Team Cassini. Those submitting the code were credited. The code was modified to work with the Cassini Emulator (which it did not prior.)

The problem comes in that, claims have been made that those who submitted the code did not make it. Keith and his cronies have accused Team Cassini of having "stolen" the code. They do not care what so ever about who "leaked" the code. At their forum they deleted every post made to clarify and defend this situation. They attempted to flood and destroy the Cassini forums.

Next, they made claim to all the work, on other emu sites, and continue to trash it on their own forums.

"Thank you Keith for the updated status of this emulator and its new features!"

This is on NGEmu, EmuFanatics, Emus4You, and likely more. Keith... who has nothing to do with Cassini, and hosts the CRAPsinni hate forum.

Within the past week, many people have stepped up to claim the code as their own; (most of them with IP's matching those from Crapsinni) and even claimed work done by Snail, as entirely their own.

Clearly, many liars in all at Crapsinni.

This has resulted in our banning of several users, placing security and rules on the forum, and making it clear, Team Cassini will NOT tolerate this sort of behavior, especially from Crapsinni supporters, a.k.a. EmuTalk.

Given the long time Keith and his supporters have attacked Cassini, it is very much believed this situation was caused intentionally.

Again I have nothing to do with any of the claims you have just mentioned. As mentioned before I do not host EmuTalk which you referer to as the CRAPsinni hate forum. The only recent discussion regarding this has been kept to one thread. One thread does not describe a whole forum. I also did not start the thread you are talking about and I am not the source of the claims against you. I have nothing to do with anyone flooding your forums or sending you e-mails. Also we do not delete threads that would prove the claims false. The only things I claim are the facts such as the hacked girisaturn (legaly or illegaly doesn't matter it is still a hack), the hacked CDmage (which you have finally given some information and I apologized) and the hacked girisaturn cheater .. which I will address when I get there.

Unlike you I do not resort to flaming and hatred. If you wish to continue pulling my name through the mud I will look into defamation of character laws and see what I can do about it.

Snail said:
The one and only person with possible legitimate claim, is the one who never made any.

As such, since credit was given where thought due, since the code has been changed to work on Cassini,
since so many people have lied about development of the code, and since the one possible person
that may have started the original code has acted as they have, the code will remain as is

Further, far more scrutiny will be given to outside support of the project.

Now we can address the girisaturn cheater .. so because Spunky tried to defend his work and you did not like his approach you are just going to steal his work and keep it as is in Cassini. Yes I said steal because you refuse to remove the program, ask permission .. or even give proper credit. If you are looking for respect this is not the way to go.

If you were to remove it then most people including me would have no problem with Cassini. I still would not support it, but at the same time I would not have anything to say about it. The stuff that happened a year ago pretty much ended a year ago as far as I am concerned. I have already said many times I would not even try to argue the hacking claims because it is like beating a dead horse.

All the new stuff that has been discussed by me only has to do with the recent CDmage and girisaturn cheater claims and nothing else.

Snail said:
Also...
Added a new tool, with even more supports. GSaturn, is a .NET frontend/multitool, that to my knowledge is a 100% work by Lau Han Ching (minor alterations to work on Cassini).

One of the largest flames against Cassini, is that it is not 100% "our" work. Well, I took at look at what Crapsinni they had to say about Lau's work. Guess what... flamed as well.

In May, EmuTalk, a.k.a. Crapsinni, even started sending Lau virii and flames via e-mail... sound familiar? Several Cassini members had to change email accounts over the past couple weeks from simular attacks.

What are you talking about? Nobody from what I can see said anything about Lau's work and if you read his thread he only had positive feedback.

http://www.emutalk.net/saturn-shack/20188-gsaturntool-frontend.html

Who is to say any virus e-mails he gets comes from EmuTalk or was done on purpose. Just more false claims to make EmuTalk and its members look negetive.

Snail said:
The point is, Keith and his cronies are all about flaming, hate, and destroying anything they don't have total control over. They have lied, flamed, attacked, trashed forums, made personal threats, sent virii, spammed e-mail, attacked servers, and all over something, they claim, is shit and they could care less about. Keith will tell you he's not about hate at all and make invites to forums, only then to make it into a bashing.

Our choice to ban these sort of people, remove their posts, and refuse to step down to their level, is not to be anti-social, rather, it is to brush them aside without resorting to the same sort of attacks they use on others.

Again you are putting the blame on me and putting my name through the mud when I have nothing to do with what you have said. You continue to attach me to any negetive response or action against you. Like I said if this continues I will look into defamation of character laws.