Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work overall!

For me some of the O's show up as Q's. and the number of players select screen is seems to have a high res texture missing. I am using Mupen64plus FZ edition on my Shield. I installed the V2.5 and the fixed pack.

O and Q Issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktx5cwymki...%20PM.jpg?dl=0
    Player Qty Select Screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vawsx66ycy...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Others see these issues?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These textures look great! Although I seem to only be able to some to work.

I'm using the latest Project 64, I get the quality textures in the game, but the menus still show grainy. On the game select screen i get hires 1p game, 2p game etc, but everything below it, e.g. Mario GP, T.Trials, etc are the same grainy texture.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sitruz View Post
    These textures look great! Although I seem to only be able to some to work.

I'm using the latest Project 64, I get the quality textures in the game, but the menus still show grainy. On the game select screen i get hires 1p game, 2p game etc, but everything below it, e.g. Mario GP, T.Trials, etc are the same grainy texture.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?
    It is nothing you have done wrong. The pack was setup using Rice's CRC method while other plugins are possibly using a different method and not seeing the correct file name to load the textures. If you would like, use this plugin to see the textures correctly. You can also look here for maybe future fixes in GlideN64.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Menu item fix

GlideN64 has come a long way in making the Kerber texture pack compatible with it. However, an issue that may be less talked about regarding this texture-pack is the odd behavior of the included Data and Option textures (those in the main menu in Mario Kart 64). Using either the latest WIP builds of GlideN64 or the good old rice plugin with this texture pack on your preferred N64 emulator, it can be noted that the Data and Option alternatives in the main menu sometimes shows the higher-res textures and sometimes not. A closer inspection of the files included in the Kerber texture pack, shows those higher-res textures for Data and Options (hires_texture > MARIOKART64 > Menu):

L Option - First half
    MARIOKART64#2E54990B#0#2_all.png

L Option - Second half
    MARIOKART64#FF1C51A6#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#FF1CD976#0#2_all.png

R Data - First half
    MARIOKART64#D36E3963#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#D074366B#0#2_all.png

R Data - Second half
    MARIOKART64#9ABF19BB#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#9ABF20FB#0#2_all.png

While using the GlideN64 plugin to dump the textures of Mario Kart 64, I discovered that there are even more copies/different filenames for the very same textures in this game. While either entering the player select screen and returning to the main menu again, going back to the title screen and return to the main menu, entering a cup and exiting a cup or finishing a cup, some of the higher-res textures for the Data and Option menu are missing after the main menu screen is displayed again. There are simply not enough duplicates of the included textures in the Kerber texture pack as of now, and to fix this one must copy paste the four split-textures (each menu item is in this case two textures) a couple more times and give those copies the following names:

L Option - First half
    MARIOKART64#1BDE8695#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#1D5A8811#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#2EDC999D#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#17D48695#0#2_all.png

L Option - Second half
    MARIOKART64#FF1CBD06#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#FF1D44C6#0#2_all.png

R Data - First half
    MARIOKART64#D0F036E9#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#D26C3865#0#2_all.png

R Data - Second half
    MARIOKART64#9ABF24EB#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#9ABF31CB#0#2_all.png

After doing so; Mario Kart 64 (according to my brief testing) will not stop displaying the higher-res texture for the Data and Option menu items in the main menu, no matter what. Be sure to delete the generated cache file that the texture pack previous generated to make sure that this works (if you have texture caching enabled in your video plugin), so that GlideN64 can generate a new texture cache from the new split textures that you have now given enough proper filenames.
    Last edited by NES_player4LIFE; December 28th, 2017 at 01:07.

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagert View Post
    GlideN64 has come a long way in making the Kerber texture pack compatible with it. However, an issue that may be less talked about regarding this texture-pack is the odd behavior of the included Data and Option textures (those in the main menu in Mario Kart 64). Using either the latest WIP builds of GlideN64 or the good old rice plugin with this texture pack on your preferred N64 emulator, it can be noted that the Data and Option alternatives in the main menu sometimes shows the higher-res textures and sometimes not. A closer inspection of the files included in the Kerber texture pack, shows those higher-res textures for Data and Options (hires_texture > MARIOKART64 > Menu):

L Option - First half
    MARIOKART64#2E54990B#0#2_all.png

L Option - Second half
    MARIOKART64#FF1C51A6#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#FF1CD976#0#2_all.png

R Data - First half
    MARIOKART64#D36E3963#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#D074366B#0#2_all.png

R Data - Second half
    MARIOKART64#9ABF19BB#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#9ABF20FB#0#2_all.png

While using the GlideN64 plugin to dump the textures of Mario Kart 64, I discovered that there are even more copies/different filenames for the very same textures in this game. While either entering the player select screen and returning to the main menu again, going back to the title screen and return to the main menu, entering a cup and exiting a cup or finishing a cup, some of the higher-res textures for the Data and Option menu are missing after the main menu screen is displayed again. There are simply not enough duplicates of the included textures in the Kerber texture pack as of now, and to fix this one must copy paste the four split-textures (each menu item is in this case two textures) a couple more times and give those copies the following names:

L Option - First half
    MARIOKART64#1BDE8695#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#1D5A8811#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#2EDC999D#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#17D48695#0#2_all.png

L Option - Second half
    MARIOKART64#FF1CBD06#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#FF1D44C6#0#2_all.png

R Data - First half
    MARIOKART64#D0F036E9#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#D26C3865#0#2_all.png

R Data - Second half
    MARIOKART64#9ABF24EB#0#2_all.png
    MARIOKART64#9ABF31CB#0#2_all.png

After doing so; Mario Kart 64 (according to my brief testing) will not stop displaying the higher-res texture for the Data and Option menu items in the main menu, no matter what. Be sure to delete the generated cache file that the texture pack previous generated to make sure that this works (if you have texture caching enabled in your video plugin), so that GlideN64 can generate a new texture cache from the new split textures that you have now given enough proper filenames.
    Do you happen to have those files handy? upload them and ill see that they make it to the pack.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah; I have all those in handy, and even more than before. It turns out that exiting and entering every single track, including battle mode, and even winning in battle mode creates different CRC-addresses for the textures. I did the tedious ask of generating copies of the Options and Data textures with all the required newly generated filenames, making those few texture becoming a total of 64 textures.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051