What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Kerb's Mariokart re-texture

sitruz

These textures look great! Although I seem to only be able to some to work.

I'm using the latest Project 64, I get the quality textures in the game, but the menus still show grainy. On the game select screen i get hires 1p game, 2p game etc, but everything below it, e.g. Mario GP, T.Trials, etc are the same grainy texture.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

jfields687

These textures look great! Although I seem to only be able to some to work.

I'm using the latest Project 64, I get the quality textures in the game, but the menus still show grainy. On the game select screen i get hires 1p game, 2p game etc, but everything below it, e.g. Mario GP, T.Trials, etc are the same grainy texture.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

It is nothing you have done wrong. The pack was setup using Rice's CRC method while other plugins are possibly using a different method and not seeing the correct file name to load the textures. If you would like, use this plugin to see the textures correctly. You can also look here for maybe future fixes in GlideN64.

Gagert

Menu item fix

GlideN64 has come a long way in making the Kerber texture pack compatible with it. However, an issue that may be less talked about regarding this texture-pack is the odd behavior of the included Data and Option textures (those in the main menu in Mario Kart 64). Using either the latest WIP builds of GlideN64 or the good old rice plugin with this texture pack on your preferred N64 emulator, it can be noted that the Data and Option alternatives in the main menu sometimes shows the higher-res textures and sometimes not. A closer inspection of the files included in the Kerber texture pack, shows those higher-res textures for Data and Options (hires_texture > MARIOKART64 > Menu):

L Option - First half
MARIOKART64#2E54990B#0#2_all.png

L Option - Second half
MARIOKART64#FF1C51A6#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#FF1CD976#0#2_all.png

R Data - First half
MARIOKART64#D36E3963#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#D074366B#0#2_all.png

R Data - Second half
MARIOKART64#9ABF19BB#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#9ABF20FB#0#2_all.png

While using the GlideN64 plugin to dump the textures of Mario Kart 64, I discovered that there are even more copies/different filenames for the very same textures in this game. While either entering the player select screen and returning to the main menu again, going back to the title screen and return to the main menu, entering a cup and exiting a cup or finishing a cup, some of the higher-res textures for the Data and Option menu are missing after the main menu screen is displayed again. There are simply not enough duplicates of the included textures in the Kerber texture pack as of now, and to fix this one must copy paste the four split-textures (each menu item is in this case two textures) a couple more times and give those copies the following names:

L Option - First half
MARIOKART64#1BDE8695#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#1D5A8811#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#2EDC999D#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#17D48695#0#2_all.png

L Option - Second half
MARIOKART64#FF1CBD06#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#FF1D44C6#0#2_all.png

R Data - First half
MARIOKART64#D0F036E9#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#D26C3865#0#2_all.png

R Data - Second half
MARIOKART64#9ABF24EB#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#9ABF31CB#0#2_all.png

After doing so; Mario Kart 64 (according to my brief testing) will not stop displaying the higher-res texture for the Data and Option menu items in the main menu, no matter what. Be sure to delete the generated cache file that the texture pack previous generated to make sure that this works (if you have texture caching enabled in your video plugin), so that GlideN64 can generate a new texture cache from the new split textures that you have now given enough proper filenames.

Last edited by a moderator:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
GlideN64 has come a long way in making the Kerber texture pack compatible with it. However, an issue that may be less talked about regarding this texture-pack is the odd behavior of the included Data and Option textures (those in the main menu in Mario Kart 64). Using either the latest WIP builds of GlideN64 or the good old rice plugin with this texture pack on your preferred N64 emulator, it can be noted that the Data and Option alternatives in the main menu sometimes shows the higher-res textures and sometimes not. A closer inspection of the files included in the Kerber texture pack, shows those higher-res textures for Data and Options (hires_texture > MARIOKART64 > Menu):

L Option - First half
MARIOKART64#2E54990B#0#2_all.png

L Option - Second half
MARIOKART64#FF1C51A6#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#FF1CD976#0#2_all.png

R Data - First half
MARIOKART64#D36E3963#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#D074366B#0#2_all.png

R Data - Second half
MARIOKART64#9ABF19BB#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#9ABF20FB#0#2_all.png

While using the GlideN64 plugin to dump the textures of Mario Kart 64, I discovered that there are even more copies/different filenames for the very same textures in this game. While either entering the player select screen and returning to the main menu again, going back to the title screen and return to the main menu, entering a cup and exiting a cup or finishing a cup, some of the higher-res textures for the Data and Option menu are missing after the main menu screen is displayed again. There are simply not enough duplicates of the included textures in the Kerber texture pack as of now, and to fix this one must copy paste the four split-textures (each menu item is in this case two textures) a couple more times and give those copies the following names:

L Option - First half
MARIOKART64#1BDE8695#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#1D5A8811#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#2EDC999D#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#17D48695#0#2_all.png

L Option - Second half
MARIOKART64#FF1CBD06#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#FF1D44C6#0#2_all.png

R Data - First half
MARIOKART64#D0F036E9#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#D26C3865#0#2_all.png

R Data - Second half
MARIOKART64#9ABF24EB#0#2_all.png
MARIOKART64#9ABF31CB#0#2_all.png

After doing so; Mario Kart 64 (according to my brief testing) will not stop displaying the higher-res texture for the Data and Option menu items in the main menu, no matter what. Be sure to delete the generated cache file that the texture pack previous generated to make sure that this works (if you have texture caching enabled in your video plugin), so that GlideN64 can generate a new texture cache from the new split textures that you have now given enough proper filenames.

Do you happen to have those files handy? upload them and ill see that they make it to the pack.

Gagert

Yeah; I have all those in handy, and even more than before. It turns out that exiting and entering every single track, including battle mode, and even winning in battle mode creates different CRC-addresses for the textures. I did the tedious ask of generating copies of the Options and Data textures with all the required newly generated filenames, making those few texture becoming a total of 64 textures.

Attachments

• MK64 menu Options and Data.zip
    552.2 KB · Views: 405