What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Kerb's Mariokart re-texture

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

What setting? I use the original artwork as a base and re-create as much as I can in other layer compositions.

Zeytok

nice work :)

But which rom you use ?
I ask because I have :
Mario Kart 64 (E) (V1.0) [!]
Mario Kart 64 (E) (V1.1) [!]
Mario Kart 64 (U) [!]

and all have a internal name "MARIOKART64" (no spaces)

I have rename to play with but just 2 or 3 textures work ingame...

EDIT : finally they work fine (when I rename all with "MARIOKART64" prefix. Apparently Rice Plugin use case sensitive for file name :blush:

Last edited:

PhantomsCarnage

I had to rename as well, but it was great work and well worth the time to change the names of the files. I've been following this texture project even before signing up for emutalk and I'm glad someone has been taking the time to remake the Mario Kart textures and doing such a great job at it. Thanks a lot Kerber2K (and any others who may be working on said textures), and keep up the excellent work.

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

I use Mario Kart (U) [!] but by all means re-name re-distribute its all good. I still need to fix things on the portraits, and add princess, but I figured I should put somthing up to download before the thread fades away.

Last edited:

Zeytok

Kerber2k said:
I use Mario Kart (U) [!] but by all means re-name re-distribute its all good. I still need to fix things on the portraits, and add princess, but I figured I should put somthing up to download before the thread fades away.
are you sure it's a good dump, because internal name of Mario Kart (U) [!] is MARIOKART64 (without spaces)

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Its what 1964 recognizes it as...if its not (U) [!] I dont know what else it would be...odd mine does have the internal name with the space.

PhantomsCarnage

If Kerber2K or anyone else would like to find out if their rom is the best dump I've uploaded GoodN64 and GoodWindows (front end) to SaveFile . . . I've added an instructions.txt file into the archive to make it easier for anyone unfamiliar, though it is pretty easy anyway. This will let you know for certain if it is the original. I've had hacked roms, overdumps, beta roms, etc., emulators would say it was the original most times, but this will let you know for sure. If by chance you find out it isn't the original, I'd make a suggestion, but that would be taboo on this board and I want to make sure I follow all the rules :)

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

The solution is simple yet taboo on forums, but as long as I own the game its not a issue, besides I dont really wanna cross any forum rules about rom distributation. :saint: I will find the right rom dump dont worry. For now lets try not to talk about this kinda thing on here again..its too taboo for my taste.

Last edited:

takas

thanks phantom, you helped a lazy ass like mine;) kerber, great work! i love this game so much cant wait to invite my friends for a race when the pack is ready:) we played it all day when we were 14 or so. man, they will be stoked when i show them the finished pack!!!

maybe this can help you: dont know if its legitimate or even possible, but why not take a few textures out of cloudscapes excellent supermario64 pack and adjust them for your requirements? some textures (castle and so on) should be nearly identical.

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Yea I played all day with my friends when I finished it, so its exciting to see others pumped for next release.
-Update-
Im collecting as many frames of animation as I can for yoshi right now, and this is where I need some help. Anyone who wants to contribute a frame im missing in the .rar thus-far please do so this would be greatly appreciated.
-47 animation frame dumps from yoshi

Last edited:
OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Sorry it took so long, but dont worry I still am working on this project little by little.
Heres all the portraits.
-Includes Princess, and I fixed all the lazzy eyes too. XD

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Nin_10_Dough said:
You should post more screenies kerb ;)
I dont have much eyecandy at the moment, unless everyone wants to see plants....Im working on finishing as much plantlife as possiable at the moment, and ive done afew map textures from bowsers castle so if there is some screenshots to look for it will be from that level.