What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Kerb's Mariokart re-texture

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Would save alot of time, but think about how it would mismatch with all the other stuff ill create in the future for this project.
-Update for items WIP:

Does anyone have proper text dumps for mariokart...mine arent loading. If somone could give me some proper dumps for the text it would speed things up a bit. Thanks and stay tuned for more updates this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

-Update I got the place numbers re-textured..they look good. Im almost done with all the items now. If I could only get the rest of the text in the HUD to work like time, lap and such.

Zeytok

Kerber2k said:
-Update I got the place numbers re-textured..they look good. Im almost done with all the items now. If I could only get the rest of the text in the HUD to work like time, lap and such.
I've made a small dump pack, I don't know if it's what you want...

If you need other stuff say what ;)

PS: I use the "Mario Kart 64 (U) [!]" rom and RiceVideo Beta 10 ...

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Yea thats what I figured...hmmm it seems the dumps dont want to load. It does this with my dumps of the Lap, Time and Track text too. I tried just using other dumps they work, but the mask doesnt load. Anyone else have this problem.

Zeytok

Kerber2k said:
Yea thats what I figured...hmmm it seems the dumps dont want to load. It does this with my dumps of the Lap, Time and Track text too. I tried just using other dumps they work, but the mask doesnt load. Anyone else have this problem.
which mk rom you use ? (the goodn64 name if you can say please)

I ask, because on the first post, you have roms name with "Mario Kart 64..." and some with "MARIOKART64#..."

Gladiac0190

Kerber2k said:
Would save alot of time, but think about how it would mismatch with all the other stuff ill create in the future for this project.
-Update for items WIP:
I like your skills - very good guy ;D

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

I think Zeytok was right in the previous posts so I just scratched all the old work and started anew with the char profiles. Heres the new Luigi.

Krackpipe

Now that looks great.

As a side note, wasn't there another mario kart project that got scrapped because the karts couldn't be properly retextured, because they were ci only or something?

Krackpipe

Now that looks great.

As a side note, wasn't there another mario kart project that got scrapped because the karts couldn't be properly retextured, because they were ci only or something?

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
you are going to have some problems unless you're able to model the character karts in 3D...

[ROLO]

Your Boss
Krackpipe said:
Now that looks great.

yes, actually here's the link (kerb maybe you'll find something helpful here), leonardo20 started that project, they also replaced the billboards with the ones from the japanese version.

Kerb: the new luigi looks AWESOME! you got it man! :bunny:

Last edited:
OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Heres a update... got some effects\other done tonight: sparks, rocks, squeeling tire text, and some portraits here are some screens. Still wish I could get Lap and Time working, especially since I have the textures all done for them.

Krackpipe

In the first shot, how comes there's no gradient on the mario pic border?

EDIT: Actually the border looks like a seperate texture if im not mistaken?

[ROLO]

Your Boss
Mario's eyes look strange, maybe you are missing the white dot like you did with luigi. Everything else looks great man!

Zeytok

Krackpipe said:
In the first shot, how comes there's no gradient on the mario pic border?

EDIT: Actually the border looks like a seperate texture if im not mistaken?
you are right ;) , it's this one

Last edited: