What's new

0.6 Feedback

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Any problems/bugs/questions please post in here.

Now, things I noticed.. :)

Just a minor issue.. this one is for Gent.
Firstly, great job on the cheats, but i found that on Journey to Silius (U), If I enable all the "Have" and all the "Infinite" Cheats, at the last boss of the first level (the helicopter) none of those creatures drop down from the helicopter. It seems to loop the action of the helicopter and it will never drop down those creatures so i cannot continue without disabling the cheats. I tried it without the cheats, and it's fine.

This one's for Jabo
Would it be possible to have a hardware stretch + 2xSai mode in fullscreen? Perhaps by getting the hardware stretched image then downsizing it and afterwards showing it after the 2xsai processing? I'm not sure if it's possible as I haven't seen it on many (if any) other emulators. This isn't needed, but it would also be fine if perhaps we could just make the menu and the border around the emulation frame disappear and have it at the nearest resolution to our maximum desktop size. Which is basically 768x672 on a 800x600 etc. It would give it the fullscreen feel without actually being fullscreen :) If i'm asking for too much, just add it to the bottom of the "todo" list you have.. hehe

Anyways, Back to Ninja Gaiden II.
-Nick_Kidid0

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Nick_kidid0 said:
Just a minor issue.. this one is for Gent.
Firstly, great job on the cheats, but i found that on Journey to Silius (U), If I enable all the "Have" and all the "Infinite" Cheats, at the last boss of the first level (the helicopter) none of those creatures drop down from the helicopter. It seems to loop the action of the helicopter and it will never drop down those creatures so i cannot continue without disabling the cheats. I tried it without the cheats, and it's fine.
Ok thanks Nick_kidid0, Do you know or tried to see what option exactly causes it from the infinite or Have sections?

Edit: ah ok it is the Have\All Weapons Cheat. Once you disable it all is fine. I have added this note to that cheat. Turn this off on boss levels or you will not be able to pass. Thanks Nick_kidid0

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Hi Nick, I'm pretty sure there is a hardware stretch in 2xSaI ... you just can't use triple buffering if i remember right (?!?) I'll check later

Legend

Duck tales 2 goes to a black screen when you enter the Egypt area - which does mean there's no way to finish this game.

Prizm

Heh, coincidentally, I was just trying to finish Duck Tales 2 yesterday. I also ran into the problem where it hangs on the Egypt level.

I remembered running into this problem years ago on another emulator, so I don't think it's JNes. I couldn't find a way to fix it, so I had to abandon the game :(

Jiiimbooh

That problem or a similar one was there already in the 0.5.1 version but I'm alsmost sure it was fixed in version 0.5.2. This is what I wrote in the Jnes 051 feedback thread:

In Ducktales 2, when you chose to go to the pyramid level sometimes the screen goes black. You can hear the music but there's no picture. But sometimes it works.
Other than that Jnes is a great emulator.

firepowr

immediate full screen

is there a way to have Jnes load up in full blank screen.

I have a frontend that loads up the emulator and I would like to have the front end load up Jnes with the game without seeing the actually Jnes window. The Jnes windows breifly appears for a split second right before the game loads.

I would like the game to load seemlessly from the frontend to the loaded nes game. Is that possible?

ssevan

Radracer grafics error

In Radracer if you look at the road ahead it is a little messed up. i tried older version of jnes and the same results. it doesn't do it with other emulators so i know its not the rom. i'm not shure what is wrong.just thought i'd let you know.

Darth_Hagrid

Input error using fullscreen vs window mode

Amd XP 2.1Ghz
Geforce 6800 256MB OC
WinXP
All roms verified, happens with any game
640x480 32bit 2x SaI (fullscreen) ***1024x896 2x SaI (window) happens all the time, any fullscreen resolution
Using Jnes 0.6

Using an SNES controller with NTPAD v2.01

Hi, I have a peculiar problem. When running Jnes in a windowed mode my controller works perfectly. When running in fullscreen mode under any resolution the controller does not work at all, unless i mash on the buttons then i'll get some response but Jnes will just keep repeating the buttons i mashed over and over as if in turbo mode(i.e. moving forward while jumping repeatedly slashing a whip *castlevania 3*).

I've been using my snes controller/nt pad setup for ages with zsnes and project 64(just recently bought a usb n64 adapter) so i highly doubt the controller is at fault. i just plugged in another known good pad and the same thing happens, yet under zsnes or pj64 it works perfectly in windowed/fullscreen.

Any ideas?

rprsplitter9

It would be nice if Jnes could remember the contents of the rom folder, so you don't have to wait for it to generate a list everytime.