What's new

black screen in Metroid Prime 2

bigmasterdenis

Hi people!

I'm trying to run MP2. Without dynarec I get only 2 fps, but the game seems to work, as I sae the demo, whitch comes automaticlaly im every game if you don't press any button. With dynarec I get over 30 fps, and after booting the gcm I get three sceens, one with health and safety warings, one with nintendo-logo and at last the dolby-surround-logo. After that the screen became just black, and the fps-display freezes (at over 30).

What's wrong?

thanx4hep

bigmasterdenis

Pky

Thank God that you could even emulate the game... it can crash when it wants... you will have to wait to be fixed that...

Lionhead

errr...
i have got mp2 too, and i was able to start it, but it runs too slow. I have seen some screenshots on the homepage of dolphin that show, that it should run better, my pc has a pentium4 2.9ghz 1gb ram and an Nvidia geforce 6600 graphics card.
Ps: what is dynarec?
thanks
Lionhead

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
The specs doesn't matter. Why the fps is higher at the dolphin site is probably because they have taken the screenshots with the 1.3 version

Lionhead

ah, that means its somekind of a "only for clubmembers" release?
Well, i hope they release it soon but i dont think so...
Yeah, whatever, ill have some fun anyway playing with the GC

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
I'm not quite sure why Pky said that Lionhead, but have you ever known it to be illegal to play a Gamecube?:p Pky, read what you're quoting.:cyclops:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I think it's referring to "whatever," meaning that you diss the authrors since they do not release a new version soon enough and go play your cube. I think that was the message as was interpreted.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Now looking at it, I can see how it may have been interpreted that way.;) Honestly though, I don't think that was Lionhead's intention, since he had no idea why Pky had said that.

Pky

According to the posts made he haven't mentioned before that he has a gamecube, so i said that because i tought he said that he would play it on the pc, and have fun of "playing" it, because it won't work ( for the time being ) perfect with the pc. But actually, it's a bit stupid my post so forget it :p

Lionhead

ah, now i got it..., so np^^
but i have to say, at first, i was really scared, like i did something forbidden, but ill try to write my posts more clearly now :p

Ps: and sure im not dissing the dolphinteam, they are great!

PPs: As you can see, my English isnt very good...

Last edited: