What's new

The 1964 Ini Improvemtn Project Thread

Eddy

I Run This
This thread is to make 1964 have a better ini, so people, put your mind to this, and put the entries needed changing from the orignal ini release of 0.7.0

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
A small bug, when you a rom, the 1964 backgrond stays with the last rendered frame when viewing 1964 without the rom browser.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
Also rice, can you put FPS instead of V/I's, less people know what V/I's are than FPS. Just a small suggestion.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
Any way to make it crash proof against bad roms? i tried to load up 1080 (JU) and 1964 crashed.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
Illegal Opcode Request On A Bug's Life (U)

80000180: Illegal Opcode Request

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
When switching out of fullscreen, videoupdate almost always fails. And also it would be cool to have a function to auto full screen once a romis done loading

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
I know i been posting alot on this same forum, but in a ini, since the CF increases speed by fooling the timers, why not put all games at cf8 and up to a automatic sync (60 or 50 V/I's) ? since its the fastest? whats the downfall? there has to be one

Rice

Emulator Developer
You fool the timer too much, then the timer will fool you by freezing and/or skipping frames. You can not get the skipped frams back by using AutoSync.

You will see what I mean if you try to use large CF, like 8 for most games.

Setting the CF in game option is actually not to fool the game, but to try the best timer out because we are not sure what the timer should be.

CF=2 or 3 is always the best value in 1964 .

Patrick A.M.

Eddy said:
This thread is to make 1964 have a better ini, so people, put your mind to this, and put the entries needed changing from the orignal ini release of 0.7.0

1964 is no good for playing Zelda OoT or MM, Castlevania1 or 2 (worse). In Zelda, the road paths and shadows are flicking very badly and in Castlevania1 or 2, the messages in the message box appear blank towards the right. Is it the INI or the Program contain the bugs? :blink:

phoenix12327

Patrick A.M. said:
1964 is no good for playing Zelda OoT or MM, Castlevania1 or 2 (worse). In Zelda, the road paths and shadows are flicking very badly and in Castlevania1 or 2, the messages in the message box appear blank towards the right. Is it the INI or the Program contain the bugs? :blink:
You need to use the glN64 v0.4.1 to fix the graphic problem. This also is a good graphic plug-in for Perfect Dark's graphics and some other games that run poor graphics under the standard plug-in.

nickandnez

cheats for 1964 emulator ini file

can som1 tell me how to use the cheats for surreal64 i cant get zelda working with ultrahle just 1964 but in the ini file for 1964 there r no cheats in the ini file they r just in the ultrahle ini file being that zelda only works on 1964 emu thats the prob is there an updated 1964 ini file with cheats?? for zelda i love the game just dont have the time to play it!!! and also im running the surreal64 on my xbox!!! can any1 help?