What's new

Goldeneye Door Opening Bug

GoldenEyeGuy

Hello all, I'm new here and I was wondering if you all could help me. I really love the new Project 64, it brings back so many good memories of the old days.

But anyway, on to my problem. I should probably post my specs first.

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
512MB RAM
Direct X 9.0c
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 128MB
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7189 (English)

Now, the game in question is Goldeneye. I am using Jabo's Default Direct 3D8 1.6 Plugin on Project 64 1.6. The game runs perfectly fine, the textures are great, no slowdowns, everything is peachy. Except for one thing:I can't seem to open doors. ><

Everytime I walk up to any door in the game, it makes the door "opening" sound, like normal, but the door never swings open. It just stays there, and I cannot walk through. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought maybe it would be the same on Perfect Dark, but I was able to open doors with no problem on that game.

Can anyone help me? Feel free to e-mail me or post on here to help. Thank! :)

OP
GoldenEyeGuy

GoldenEyeGuy

snesmaster40 said:
Uhhh... game glitch? Bad rom? Unoppenable door?

I'm not sure. I've downloaded different Goldeneye Roms thinking it could have been a bad rom like you said. But it still has that problem.

It's not an unoppenable door, since it's every single door in the game will not open. For example, on the Archives level, when you start, that door will not even open.

Could it be a game glitch? Has anyone experienced this problem before? If not, is there a way to fix this or perhaps a patch to solve this annoying problem? Thanks.

snesmaster40

Hmm... so your using the right button. Uhh... you sure the door has enough space to open?

I dunno really, I guess Trevelyn stuck glue on the doors or something, lol

OP
GoldenEyeGuy

GoldenEyeGuy

snesmaster40 said:
Hmm... so your using the right button. Uhh... you sure the door has enough space to open?

I dunno really, I guess Trevelyn stuck glue on the doors or something, lol

Haha, yes I'm using the correct button. It's so strange, I mean it even makes that sound you know, the "Ca-chunk" sound of the door opening, but then it just sits there. I have no clue why it's doing this.

It seems everyone else hasn't had this problem, so I'm thinking it could be my rom? Is there a way to fix this? o_O

OP
GoldenEyeGuy

GoldenEyeGuy

Ah ha! I fixed it! I don't know why, but for some reason, I had a few cheats on in the cheats menu. I tweaked around with them, played again, and viola! The doors open just fine now. :blush:

Thanks for all your help. :p

OP
GoldenEyeGuy

GoldenEyeGuy

snesmaster40 said:
lol, what cheat was it?

Well it was the Project 64 cheats, actually. I had on the "Cradle in Multiplayer" cheat on, and for some reason when that cheat was on, it did not let me open doors. Pretty weird huh? :p