What's new

How to improve graphics in Giri Giri?

FaTb0y

ok so i got giri giri and all my bin/cues running and shiyat but i want to improve how they look. I looked at marauders Panzer Dragoon screenshots in the screenshot thread and was wondering how can i make it look like that?

my rig:
2.6 p4
512 ram
ati 9600 xt vid card

:| it runs at ok fps but it looks kinda bad

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
SSF renders in pure software, so enhancements are pretty much limited to what there already is.. scanlines. It's the best Saturn emulator currently available though.. I haven't encountered a game I couldn't run without full speed & sound in SSF.

Last edited:

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Any way of changing the resolutions? Seems to be either in 640x480 or 800x600, I'm looking for 1280x1024 if possible. Can anyone help me getting Satourne to work?

Marauder

Alright, here's how you can get your polys and textures lookin all nice =) You have pretty much the same system configuration as me, so it should work well.

Anyways, go to your Display Properties, Settings tab. Then click on Advanced to open a new window. I have Ati also, but yours may look different here... but select the 3D tab. Select the Direct3D box, click the "Use Custom Settings" box, and click the Custom button. Here you can tweak the Anti-Aliasing and Filtering Settings to whatever you like. You can google these to find out what each does if you don't know already. Filtering will make the biggest difference (making it look like my screenshots). Beware though, as turning these settings up can cause a performance hit, and potentially mess with other graphics (by forcing a certain mode instead of letting the application choose). After you have changed these settings, just run GiriGiri normally.

bootleg42

cooliscool said:
It's the best Saturn emulator currently available though.. I haven't encountered a game I couldn't run without full speed & sound in SSF.

REALLY??? I'm not really into Saturn emulation but have you played alot of games with SSF or not??? If there is a Saturn emulator that good, I would want to get it.