What's new

A Lil' OT: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Shibb

The Peoples Champ
well i thought id update you guys on the new zelda game coming to gamecube, since me and clements, got into a discussion about it, they just released the e3 trailer today and the game looks amazing imo
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Update Page

920769_20050516_screen007.jpg

920769_20050516_screen009.jpg

ragnor

yes. VERY OT. Nonetheless, I think it looks like a sweet game, and I finally have a reason to justify my purchase of the Gamecube. Of course, it feels like a 150 dollar game...

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
And there's that damn monkey with the boomerang again. Even though this news isn't exactly hot of the press (it's a bit less than a day old?), I'll offer a bit of speculation. Regarding the "Twilight Princess," this seems to confirm the rumours about someone being a werewolf here. (If anything, the title indicates that the princess - Zelda, or perhaps some other one - is a werewolf, rather than Link) I don't know if I believe it's a werewolf per se, but the wolf definately has significant part in the game (see official art)

The shadows still look strangely chunky. (Which is stranger still because they seem to use fairly high resolution shadow maps) Still, this isn't a High-resolution texture project, I don't know why you posted this here...?

Quvack

Toast Siege said:
And there's that damn monkey with the boomerang again. Even though this news isn't exactly hot of the press (it's a bit less than a day old?), I'll offer a bit of speculation. Regarding the "Twilight Princess," this seems to confirm the rumours about someone being a werewolf here. (If anything, the title indicates that the princess - Zelda, or perhaps some other one - is a werewolf, rather than Link) I don't know if I believe it's a werewolf per se, but the wolf definately has significant part in the game (see official art)

The shadows still look strangely chunky. (Which is stranger still because they seem to use fairly high resolution shadow maps) Still, this isn't a High-resolution texture project, I don't know why you posted this here...?

watch the trailer.. ya might see that its Link thats the wolf :p

Kerber2k

Zelda is the hawk and Link is the wolf watch a movie called Ladyhawk, and realized where the big N got these ideas from.

Codexing

The Xpaniard
I see a new "game of the year" award coming for this Zelda game...
It really looks awesome! And Nintendo said that this game would be longer than Wind Waker (I hope this also means more dungeons, because the latest zelda trend seems to be having less than 6 dungeons all together, like in Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap...)
Hehe, I've downloaded the full video into my cell phone so I can keep watching it and keep drooling all the day :D

LinkTheHero

Princeofpersia
Kerber2k Zelda is the hawk and Link is the wolf watch a movie called Ladyhawk, and realized where the big N got these ideas from.

zelda is not the hawk go to www.zeldauniverse.net it tells you about most of the things about the game like when Link enter's the twilight he turn in to a wolf

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yeah! "All your base belong to us". Best Engrish ever :D
It also looks a little like Majora's mask (the eye).
It's obvious that the Nintendo guys took ideas from several things. Hope that the result will be better than we can imagine.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
So far the whole thing looks to have a very warped, offbeat line much like Majora's Mask. Not such a bad thing considering that game had a completely unique atmosphere. I don't think you get much more surreal that the Twilight Princess (twilight - damn I find that hard to type for some reason...) who has Link as a wolf and wears a mask with an orange arm coming out of it...
You have to wonder just what exactly Miyamoto-san grows in that infamous garden of his... ;)

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Looks awesome, but I must say they do a good job of getting away with very low resolution texturing.