What's new

Bio hazard (resident evil on nesterdc)

RCduck7

Hi there

I was wondering if there is an english version of this game.
The game also freezes frequently.
Is this only a problem on DC and should other versions like on xbox be ok?

Thanks

RCduck7

Miretank

Lurking
bcrew1375 said:
Um, this is a little late, but are you saying there is a Resident Evil for NES?

of course! also has siren and silent hill 4! :p
sorry guys, i've let my stupid thought enter in this thread... :ala:
am i understanding well? resident for a nes emulator? :bouncy:

Last edited:

Clements

The game Bio Hazard for NES does in fact exist - it's unlicensed:

Bio Hazard (Unl) [!]

Miretank

Lurking
... i said to myself that everything is possible :p
i need to get one for me then :)
and thanx for showing these screens-- the game also looks good

OP
R

RCduck7

Yeah, i'm still here.
I have it on nesterdc (on dreamcast of coursse) but as i mentioned it's japanese and the game freezes a lot.
But if you save frequently you should be able to go on.
The game on nes is also much less actionpacked (the first res wasn't that actionpacked in the first place).
When you counter a zombie you get an other screen with a bar that goes left and right and you must try to hit the button every tine the bar is in the middle to attack.
Don't know much more if there are any other moves though.

OP
R

RCduck7

:p

Yep, and did you know capcom got their inspiration from the "Sweet Home" game on the nes when they came up with resident evil.
It's very similar.

Great drawing from Zelda there Mongo.

Last edited:
OP
R

RCduck7

Thank you for bringing it up.
I totally forgot about this game.
I have seen it on the net a few years back and i thought it wasn't released in Europe, not sure though.

Reviews are a bit mixed i must say but i'll defenitly will get it.

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Well, it doesn't run too well, on Gnuboy for the Dreamcast, but it'll NEVER freeze, I'll give you that. The game really isn't that great, but it's you're a Biohazard/Resident Evil fan, it's worth playing at least once.

OP
R

RCduck7

As a collector i think it's cool to have.
I found it almost like a parody on a lesser system that's not 3D.

Like scary movie lol

jessman(reborn)

Heh. Never thought of it like that. The sounds and animations DID make me laugh though. They were originally gonna make a 3D resident evil for GBC, but it turned into Alone in the Dark 4 later on. They BETTER make one for the DS, lol. Capcom seems to prefer Nintendo when it comes to Resident Evil.

OP
R

RCduck7

They did make a resident evil 2 for the Tiger handheld.
How did that turned out?
Was it any good?
Was it only in black and white?

I may sound a bit stupid firing all these questions, but i'm from Belgium and a lot of stuff like the tiger didn't make it over here.

PS: just found this link, it's russian but it seems to cover resident evil games that were canned during development.

http://www.re.gamefan.ru/regbc.php

Last edited:

jessman(reborn)

Heh. Have you played Resident Evil Zero? It was gonna be exclusively on the n64! Ha ha ha! Nah. I've never played the Tiger system that you're talking about. I do live in the US, but I'm WAAAY up in Alaska. No we don't live in igloos and I'm not a native american. I'm italian. ahem. Sorry, I just wanted to clear that up, lol.

OP
R

RCduck7

Ok, good to know. ;)
I knew about that resident evil zero that was canned for N64, i have seen it in a magazine.
It's one of the few resident evils that i didn't play yet as i try to look out for bargains instead of buying them new as i used to do.
I have been playing Res 4 with a mate and i must say it was a very good choice the changes they made in this game.
I wish they had done the same thing with metal gear solid 3 as the gameplay feels a bit broke and dated to me.

OP
R

RCduck7

I have won on Ebay resident evil gaiden for the gbc, a Tiger handheld and 6 times resident evil 2 for it. ;)
I will sell the other remaining resident evil 2's on Ebay gradually.
I will let you know my experience on them once they arrived and get around playing them.

That resident evil 3D they were working on for the gbc looked intresting.
A bit ropey graphics to be on a gbc but judging from the screenshots it looked certainly like resident evil.

Cheers

Weesneak

I never thought resident evil stylings could work in a NES game. I mean, the menu format is essentially exactly the same.