What's new

Audio v0.56 WIP2 Download/Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windman

Oh sorry, I'm unable to activate my profile !

I used 1964 0.9.9 with Rice's video plugin 6.1.0.

Windows XP
P4 3.0 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce PCX 5300
C-Media Rear Panel Audio
1024 DDR

I'm a newbie :bunny: but as it was a big crash, I think it's interessant for you (and I love your plugins :bouncy: ! They're wonderful :bouncy: !).

Windman

Aïïïaaaaaaaaïïïïaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!

I tried again but with Project64 1.6 and Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6, and I had the same crash (with Window's blue screen) !!!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
If the BSOD is:

***STOP: 0x000000BE ATTEMPT_TO_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY

Then get a different video driver version!!! You probably have a bad video driver.

Buggy video drivers are known to cause that BSOD.

Last edited:
OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I really don't have an idea what may be crashing Project64 1.6. As far as 1964 goes right now, It's unsupported. I decided it was best to chose one emulator to get the plugin to work on. I will see if it's a simple problem with 1964 at some other time. There is nothing I am doing with direct sound that would cause a BSOD. If there was a bug in the audio plugin, you would likely get an access violation error as opposed to a blue screen. I will see what I can do at a later time.

Windman

Ok.

But my emulators work very well with previous versions of your plugins with various video's plugins. The error message said that Windows had stoped before endomaging hardware : "Windows a rencontré un problème et a fermé pour éviter tout dommage à votre matériel...(quelque chose comme ça)". And then my computer launched again.

My driver version is recent; but I will do a point of restoration (I don't know if we say as it) and try again with another driver if there is one.

And Zelda Ocarina of Time work well with 1964 and Project64 and different audio plugins, but when I try this version of audio plugin (only change), it crashes.

Edit : my driver are already the most recent !!!

Last edited:
OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Best advice I can give you, is wait until WIP 3 and see if anything is fixed. I am doing another experimental audio code revision that may save me some CPU time and allow for easy buffer changes for MusyX games.

Windman

OK !!!

You do very very very... very wonderful work (compared to you, I feel very little ;) !), I trust you !!!
I will not fail to give the result of the next WIP in my computer !

Bye bye, and good courage !

ggab

Emutalk Member
1964 + glide64/jabo

i get an "exception in emulation thread" (and stops the emulation)

when i reset any game in fullscreen (F2)

with WIP2 and
- NONE rsp plugin
- Jabo rsp plugin
- Mupen's rsp plugin

weird, WIP1 does not have this problem....

Trotterwatch

Tell you what Ryuran, as it is so simple (as you said in another post) why don't you go and pick up the released source and do it yourself.

If it were simple then Azimer would have done it alongside many other sound plugin authors - they ain't daft ;)

4real

Nice work on the new wip2 but seems unstable for me crashes where the other versions didn't.

Keep up the good work as this plugin has always been a fav for me and has worked very well in the past.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I am hoping Project64 1.7 will fix the problem. I am still awaiting a build with some different audio code in it. Zilmar and I spoke about this and then I will begin working on my plugin again for this next release. I am satisfied with my hacked up audio I managed to pull off thus far for Project64 1.6.

smokeyjoint

fanastic news,i hope pj 1.7 is the one that conquers the n64 curse.i admire all you guys.i love these games .i had a freind with a n64 console in the day but he only had super mario and mario kart i never got to play 90%of the games now i can.thxz again best of luck.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Thank you for the comments. You are most welcome. Keep an eye on these forums for any updates to my audio plugin. You will see them publically announced here first (even before my website).

Sirmatto

Azimer said:
Thank you for the comments. You are most welcome. Keep an eye on these forums for any updates to my audio plugin. You will see them publically announced here first (even before my website).
Good to know the best audio plugin is going to get better.

emutalkfreak

Project64 v1.7

Anyone have any idea when exactly the Project64 v1.7 will be released? Am I on the wrong forum to ask this question? I am new :bouncy:

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Yes, you are on the wrong forum... and no, no one can tell you when.

Status
Not open for further replies.