What's new

Release 6

Masken

WhineCube author
Here you can ask questions, make suggestions and otherwise discuss the new release of WhineCube. If you want to post a bunch of screenshots, please do so in a separate thread.

punisher001

Everyone gets what he deserves
Greetings and Suggestions!!

Hi Masken,
What's up? I am punisher001, you probably have not heard me again! It doesn't matter! The reason that i am writing to you
is because i want to tell you that you have written an amazing GameCube emulator! It can do some amazing stuff although
it's in early stages of development, for example can run at full-speed Pong! and Bust-A-Move 3000 menu! No
other GC emu can do that! You have written one of the best recompilers! I think WhineCube is goin' to be, if not the
best, one of the most remarkable GC emulators! You really haven't got manyfans, as i can notice from forums
( i may be wrong!), but i really admire you and your work!
Also, I have some suggestions for WhineCube. I have tried to run some GC games on WhineCube and most of them complain that
GS Copy mode is unemulated so i recommend you to work on this function, and i think we will have the first fully playable
game on WhineCube (it will probablybe Bust-A-Move 3000) :) An other function which would be gratefull to see in the next
release is Fullscreen! For now i suggest you not to care about audio! I believe is better to concetrate on core and
graphics!
For conclusion i would like to tell you NEVER GIVE UP codnig WhineCube! Contnue 'till end! Last but not least i want to
help you out with WhineCube but i am not a programmer.... sorry :( Tell me any other way to help you, except donating
(hey i am poor! hehehe)! I believe in you and I will stay tuned for your reply!

Best wishes,
punisher001

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
punisher001 said:
You really haven't got manyfans, as i can notice from forums
( i may be wrong!), but i really admire you and your work!
Also, I have some suggestions for WhineCube. I have tried to run some GC games on WhineCube and most of them complain that
GS Copy mode is unemulated so i recommend you to work on this function, and i think we will have the first fully playable
game on WhineCube (it will probablybe Bust-A-Move 3000) :) An other function which would be gratefull to see in the next
release is Fullscreen! For now i suggest you not to care about audio! I believe is better to concetrate on core and
graphics!

hehe :)
WhineCube has alot of supporters. This emu is progressing alot and i'll let you in on a secret..... :icecream:
Bust-A-Move is now playable...at least with latest beta. Masken is one hell of a coder and is willing to track down any bugs you report to him (on his IRC channel #whinecube)

nway, welcome to the boards and have fun

punisher001

For _Chrono_

Thanx a lot _Chrono_ for this information!!! You make me feel really happy cause i relly like this emu!! I 'll try to speak with Masken cause i have noticed a bug! Is there any certain time that he's on irc?? And a last question! Bust-A-Move is playble on full speed??

Thanx again for the good news :bouncy: !!!!

zaba_3

punisher001 said:
Thanx a lot _Chrono_ for this information!!! You make me feel really happy cause i relly like this emu!! I 'll try to speak with Masken cause i have noticed a bug! Is there any certain time that he's on irc?? And a last question! Bust-A-Move is playble on full speed??

Thanx again for the good news :bouncy: !!!!
masken is almost 24/7 on irc and busta speed is about 30 fps in game

punisher001

Errors!!!

Hi guys!!
Did you miss me?!?!?!? Here AGAIN!! I tried to contact Masken but i din't
manage :( and i don't thing i wil! :yucky: So i will describe here the
problems (or bugs, i don't know how to stamp them :) )! I tried to run
Luigi's Mansion USA (Id=GLME) and i got the below error:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
| WhineCube - GLME.gcm: WhineCube.exe - Application error | X |
|~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ |
|The instruction at '' 0x77d5edb6 '' report to memory at '' 0x15d1fb94 ''.|
|Memory is not possible do ''read''. |
| |
|Click button ''OK'' to terminate program |
|Click button CANCEL to execute program's error confrontation |
| _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |
| | _ _ OK _ _ | |_ _Cancel _ _ | |
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~

I tried to run it again (this time i switched to emulation to Interpreter)
but an other message prevent me from doing that! This is the message:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
| WhineCube | X |
|~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~|
| |
| Invalid memory address! |
| _ _ _ _ _ _ |
| | OK | |
| ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ |
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sorry i didn't post screenshots of the errors but i don't know how to
post screenshots :blush:

This is, more or less the errors i get! I
hope Masken will have a look at forums and see them!

Also i would like to say a very big THANX _Chrono_ and Zaba_3
for giving me these extremely nice news (hi guys!!! :) )

Farewell,
punisher001

OP
M

Masken

WhineCube author
I have merged punisher's threads with the main R6 thread. Please refrain from creating new threads on a whim when there's already a thread for the topic under discussion.

Now for the error message: It's been reported before, and I've taken steps to handle it without crashing in the next version. However, there's no bypassing it, so the games in question remain unplayable.

punisher001

sorry for starting new threads!!! I thought it was better than post in a particular
section! i will not do that again!!!