What's new

Windows 2000 and Chankast Problems!

capper96

Hi!

I was hoping you guys could help me with Chankast, getting it to work on my machine. First up System Specs!

A64 3000
512 RAM
5700FX LE
Windows 2000 SP4
Daemon Tools 3.29
Chankast .25 / Chankast .2 / Chankast .1 (Tried all three)

Ok I have 3 games that I am trying to run and they are Soul Calibur, MVC2, and Crazy Taxi 2. They are all in cdi format. Here are the results when trying to run the games WITHOUT running FASTBOOT on them first... (mounted with Daemon Tools 3.29) Also please keep in mind that I have tried BOTH Blue Swirl and Red Swirl BIOS, and they are set to Read Only.

SC = Chankast pops up an Audio CD and tries to play an 8 sec track
MVC2 = Chankast pops up an Audio CD and tries to play an 8 sec track
Taxi2 = Chankast pops up an Audio CD and tries to play an 8 sec track
No CD Mounted = BIOS Options Screen

After running FastBoot on my cdi images I get the following results...

SC = Reboots to the BIOS after Sega screen
MVC2 = Hangs at Sega Screen
Taxi2 = Hangs at Sega Screen

I have also tried running the Utopia Boot CD 1.1 and it loads successfully to the Spinning Deer. Whenever I then Mount a game the deer turns silver and a CD appears in the background but nothing happens after that.

I read where WIndows 2000 needs 2 ASPI Drivers in order for Chankast to work correctly, and I have downloaded both 4.71 and 4.6 drivers using the links above and ran them, but I noticed no change. I currently am using the CDROM XXXXX plugin in Chankast, whenever I choose ASPI Plugin I get the CAnt READ TOC on DRIVE I (My daemon tool drive) so perhaps the drivers are installed wrong. Can anyone walk me through step by step on how to load these drivers to get rid of the TOC Error? Or provide any other help to get Chankast working?

Thanks a Million

OP
C

capper96

If it helps, my drives are as follows

C: = SCSI Drive on ADAPTEC 2940
D: = SCSI Drive on ADAPTEC 2940
E: = SATA DRIVE
F: = IDE DVD
G: = EXTERNAL CDRW
I: = DAEMON VIRTUAL DRIVE (3.29)

rcgamer

the old guy
Q: I can't make Chankast run games under Windows 2K, why?
A: Make sure that you have the latest ASPI drivers installed and selected the ASPI CD-ROM interface from the plugin configuration.
IMPORTANT NOTES: If you get a "can't read TOC from x:drive" error you may have to install ASPI drivers v4.71 from HERE and after that install v4.60 from HERE in order to make it work.
You must not have custom IDE drivers installed when installing the ASPI drivers (use the IDE drivers that come with windows). If you have, the emulator will probably crash. To unistall any custom IDE drivers manually do the following:
Go into the windows device manager and then to the ATA/ATAPI controllers section. Then select the IDE controller and then the drivers tab and click update drivers. Then select choose driver from list and then check show all hardware. Finally install the 'Standard Dual channel PCI IDE controller' and reboot. After that, install the ASPI drivers.

OP
C

capper96

did that

I have already tried this, Currently my IDE/ASPI Drivers in Control panel are as follows

PRIMARY IDE CONTROLLER
PRIMARY IDE CONTROLLER
SECONDARY IDE CONTROLLER
SECONDARY IDE CONTROLLER
STANDARD DUEL PCI CONTROLLER
STANDARD DUEL PCI CONTROLLER

The ASPI Drivers are all updated using the Chk util that came with 4.71

I believe the problem is that I am running SCSI HDDs for my OS NOT IDE, therefore perhaps Chankast is using a different driver somewhere.

totatis

Install Daemon Tools *AND* Alcohol 120. One won't work while the other will. Also Chankast will confuse driver letters, but you'll be able to play.

KoHaN69

Game-a-holic
totatis said:
Install Daemon Tools *AND* Alcohol 120. One won't work while the other will. Also Chankast will confuse driver letters, but you'll be able to play.

Roger THAT!!

I did the same thing!!
(win2k)

I dont feel lonely anymore!!!!!!! its not just me!!!!!!! thanks totatis!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

fantasya

I don't use ASPI for win2k to run Chankast.

Just download CDRWIN and install. (I use CDRWIN 3.9F)

Then
1. Start CDRWIN (make nothing more with CDRWIN, just have it open)
2. Mount the game in (Virtual) cd-drive.
3. Start Chankast and run the game.

Try this steps again if not works, but before, close Chankast, unmount the game cd, close cdrwin. then try again from step 1.

Check only in CDRWIN under the tab "ASPI" that "Use the ASPI driver installed by CDRWIN (if any)" is cheked.

Sorry for my bad English but I hope it works now, I know that this have been in other threads.