What's new

Audio v0.56 WIP 1 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
You were just a little quicker than me on this. I needed the attachment link to post it here. ;)

Last edited:

Sirmatto

Awesome, I've been waiting eagerly for this one. Gonna give it one hell of a testing. I noticed that you 'might' be adding prologic decoding in the future. No pressure on that one, but that would kickass if you ever got it working :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nice, I can't wait to test this. I'll be back later to report my findings. In any case any update is welcome.

Edit: i've been testing Perfect Dark, I played through a level and it sounded bloody perfect... well done :p ooooo so nice on CF1.

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
(super) great release!!! it worls absolutly fine (1964&PJ64) ;)

Zelda OOT does not have the cracks/pauses as previous versions (excluding 0.55.1) anymore :) (and i can set the speed limiter OFF, great!)

this plugin rocks for sure :D

PS: minor bug: in the window's dialog (config), the close and cancel buttoms are not working (the exit is just the 'OK' ) at all...

Jesterhead

First: Great release Azimer :party:
Nice to see that many people still put some of their free time into N64 emulation.

Second:
I did some Tests with my games:

Super Smash Brothers (E):
A message named "SP DMA READ could not fit copy in memory segment" shows up after Rom is loaded, when i click on OK, the message dissappers, then the screen stays black, emulation hangs

Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards(E):
A message named "SP DMA READ could not fit copy in memory segment" shows up after Rom is loaded, when i click on OK, the screen stays black, emulation hangs

Bio F.R.E.A.K.S (U):
After Rom is loaded, screen stays black, emulation hangs

Mortal Kombat 4 (U):

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (E):

Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon (E) (M3):
Hangs during "Konami" logo shows up

Diddy Kong Racing (E) (M2) (V1.1):
After the Rom is loaded, the message named "SP DMA READ could not fit copy in memory segment" shows up, when i click ok, the message disappers, but it shows up again, then click ok, message again, and so on.

Games that work (only tried booting the Rom):

Armorines - Project S.W.A.R.M. (G)
Banjo-Kazooie (E) (M3)
Banjo-Tooie (E) (M4)
Body Harvest (E) (M3)
Bomberman Hero (U)
Clay Fighter - Sculptor's Cut (U)
Clay Fighter 63 1-3 (U)
Command & Conquer (G)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (U)
Donkey Kong 64 (E)
Duke Nukem - ZER0 H0UR (E)
F-Zero_X (U)
Jet Force Gemini (E) (M4)
LEGO Racers (E) (M10)
Mario Kart 64 (E) (V1.1)
Mega Man 64 (U)
Micro Machines 64 Turbo (E) (M5)
Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub-Zero (U)
Paper Mario (E) (M4)
Perfect Dark (E) (M5)
Pilotwings 64 (E) (M3)
Pokemon Snap (G)
Resident Evil 2 (U)
Star Fox 64 (U) (V1.0)
Super Mario 64 (U)
Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (E) (M4)
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0)
Wave Race 64 (E) (M2)
Worms - Armageddon (E) (M6)
Yoshi's Story (E) (M3)

-Edit- Sorry if i made an failure or if its my computers fault :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I can confirm the Mystical Ninja and the Kirby 64 one.
(btw to test Mystical Ninja in PJ64 you need the memory size set to 8mb otherwise it crashes regardless. - i tested the audio plugin with 8mb)

Jesterhead

Can you confirm that only the two don´t work and the others unknown or that this two don´t work and the others do?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It sounds wonderful. Only some rare ticks here and there in some musyx games like resident evil 2 but it's much better in these games than with any other sound plugin i've used, so it's really great :p Congrats azi

ajax16384

here is straight(simple) implementation - no surround sound detection - it's always turned on.
sources based on 0.55.1 alpha with Ryono changes
it needs "Creative Neo6 DMO" - ctneo6.dll (don't ask me to send it - it's "creative" property), it comes with Audigy2 drivers(CMS package) - but can be installed on other cards to.

2Azimer: can You send me Your email with private message - so i could post optimization suggetions direct to You?

olivieryuyu

many thanks Azimer !!!

here my first bugs reports

Dk and Banjo Kazoiie: sound is synchronised !!! Wonderful !!!
Tarzan and hydro thunder works under Pj1.6 but less better than with PJ64fix
TWINE: sound is good but less than with PJ64fix.
SFrush 2049: good sound but less better than with PJ64fix
Indiana Jones is far better too (of course still no gfx :( )

Top gear Rally: doesn't boot any more, even with PJ64audio fix. was working before with the 0.55.1 and audiofix (but sound wasn't very good)
(i bet it's the same issue with Stunt racer and World driver Championship)

cruis usa, off road challenge: SP DMA READ could not fit copy in memory segment

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Minor bug: The cancel button in the audio config dialog doesn't work. (easy to fix)

Poobah

ajax16384 said:
here is straight(simple) implementation - no surround sound detection - it's always turned on.
sources based on 0.55.1 alpha with Ryono changes
it needs "Creative Neo6 DMO" - ctneo6.dll (don't ask me to send it - it's "creative" property), it comes with Audigy2 drivers(CMS package) - but can be installed on other cards to.

2Azimer: can You send me Your email with private message - so i could post optimization suggetions direct to You?

Would you be able to post the compiled DLL file of the plugin? And would you be able to post a link to the driver to download from Creative's site?

Extreme184X

Zelda:Da Most Important Period
Some Testings

Cruis'n USA - Message always pop's up after loading rom:
"SP DMA READ"
could not fit copy in memory segement"
Only way to get rid of this message is disable EMULATE/SIMULATE AI and then press F1 to reset(Every time u use the emulator), then the game runs. This game still runs at 52-54fps

Cruis'n World - Doesn't load up this game with this plugin at all.(this game worked with the Previous Plugin but at 52-54fps)

CRuis'n Exotica - Working perfect at 60fps

Hydro thunder - Audio doesn't disappear like Jabos 1.6, also running at 60fps

Legend of Zelda OOT - After the n64 logo, if you listen to the sound when pressing start the first time, that sound has some sort of static. only way around that sound enabling FORCE OLD AUDIO SYNC everytime after loading the rom. Also rom working at 60fps.

Legend of Zelda MM - Working perfect at 60fps

Super Smash Bros - After the character select screen in training mode, you hear the music skip during screen changing to stage select screen(Didn't Happend in previous plugin). Running at 60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.