What's new

Audio v0.56 WIP 1 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivieryuyu

Extreme184X said:
Some Testings

Only way to get rid of this message is disable EMULATE/SIMULATE AI and then press F1 to reset(Every time u use the emulator), then the game runs. This game still runs at 52-54fps

hmm that's an emulator problem. With Mupen, no such problems ...

F

fbff

Gauntlet Legends works almost as well as it does on your Audio fix. I noticed some crackling in the speech with 0.56 WIP 1 whereas the audio fix plays all of the sounds perfectly.

I could not find the right settings to get audio to work in Hydro-Thunder. The game works perfectly in your Audio fix.

All of my testing was done in Project64 1.6.

I've attached a compiled binary of ajax16384's surround sound mod. I could not get this mod to play anything as it was trying to set non-standard sound frequencies with my on-board Realtek sound. The ctneo6.dll came with the Creative Muvo player.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
olivieryuyu said:
hmm that's an emulator problem. With Mupen, no such problems ...

I emulate AI internally in the emulator and ignore what the plugin does with it (just like pj with audio fix). So yea it's a plugin problem.

Poobah

fbff said:
Gauntlet Legends works almost as well as it does on your Audio fix. I noticed some crackling in the speech with 0.56 WIP 1 whereas the audio fix plays all of the sounds perfectly.

I could not find the right settings to get audio to work in Hydro-Thunder. The game works perfectly in your Audio fix.

All of my testing was done in Project64 1.6.

I've attached a compiled binary of ajax16384's surround sound mod. I could not get this mod to play anything as it was trying to set non-standard sound frequencies with my on-board Realtek sound. The ctneo6.dll came with the Creative Muvo player.

I tried the plugin and although I think it is actually producing surround sound, it sounds really weird, so I still prefer to use Azimer's normal plugin. I guess Ajax was wrong about it working [properly] on non-Creative sound chips.

Flash

Technomage
That Emulate/Simulate... stuff is really weird. When it's on emulator (PJ64) goes to warp ( 150-5000! fps ) For example Mario Kart runs at 150-250fps, Ridge Racer 64 - 250-450 fps

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Personally I think the plugin both Ajax and fbff attached is a cheap hack, I'd prefer it if Azimer implemented this feature properly. [surround sound]

Trotterwatch

I can't comment on that other plugin as I haven't tested it - though if they implemented it via the released source, then I will give them credit for trying. I won't comment further until I've had chance to try it out myself.

Liking this new plugin from Azimer anyways, excellent quality.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Thank you for the feedback. Now I have a couple questions for you.

About the SP_* bugs reports. Is this using AudioHLE or Jabo's RSP? There isn't a reason my plugin should be popping up those errors. It just doesn't make sense. I don't do any RSP emulation.

Unfortunately, all those ROMs being posted, I do not currently have access to. My desktop's processor fried a couple weeks ago and I no longer have access to my HDD. So it may be awhile until those problems get fixed (sorry).

ajax: You can contact me via email at azimer 'at' yahoo.com. Please include "Audio Plugin" somewhere in the subject and I will be sure not to skip it. Also, post a response here to let me know you sent something. I have almost everything go to my SPAM account, and I never check it for legitamite email. As for massive emailings about this subject, please know I can not respond. All email that is not expected gets marked as SPAM and I will never get it. Please use this forum. :)

Lastly, thank you all for giving me feedback. It's good feedback and I hope to get more information on your problems with the plugin in a few days. Also, make sure you read the FAQ in the readme. And on top of this, make sure you enable the FPS Limiter in PJ64 for best results. I've had complaints that games were not functioning at 60FPS. This is my fix for that problem. Games will never go hyperspeed if you enable the speed limiter.

olivieryuyu

the option box doesn't work: it doesn't remember which options i want to use (it's always the same). Looks an interface bug

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
The config dialog was the least of my worries. As I've said in the readme.txt, I didn't include saving configuration settings. Hence this being an unpolished beta test. Not a real release. (WIP1)

olivieryuyu

SP DMA READ could not fit copy in memory segment: get with Jabo RSP

with hacktarux RSP: crashes or unknow function error coming from RSP

1964 (with no RSP): hangs

Last edited:
OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
What about Jabo's RSP plugin with sending audio lists to my plugin?

olivieryuyu

Azimer said:
What about Jabo's RSP plugin with sending audio lists to my plugin?

i'm afraid to not understand the question:

with Jabo RSP with disable audio sending lists or not it's the same message (tested with Off Road challenge)

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. I will definately need to look into it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Games such as Hydro Thunder have perfect, but most games don't but up. It shows the load progress %, but then it just shows a black screen. When I load any of the game saves states, the game locks up. What the crap!?

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It's called a bug... we learn to understand and be patient with them. Which is now fixed thanks to people who submit excellent bug reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.