What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Typify, that's a strange post since no one else has ever afaik reported those problems and jabo's input plug has nothign to do with eep saves. so i don't follow that at all sorry.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
sorry things have got delayed a bit, but this is ok 'cos i've got some more in.
so if anyone has spotted more mistakes there's time to get them in. i don't want to do too many more releases for v1.6.

Typify, i wouldn't ignore that because clearly youve got issues but we need more info, probably take this outside this thread.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Allnatural said:
heh, no. I think I may have played through the Deku Tree dungeon without problems, but beyond that is anyone's guess.

I think enough people have reported the crash though to at least warrant a note in the GameFAQ. :)
i know i did the noob thing by modifying it, but mine is set to check memory advance and i finished the entire rom from start to finish that way with no rom errors.

so hope that helps some.

WTF, i clicked the thread and it took me to the page that i quoted that from, and its not even in the last 3 pages :|

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

The background graphics in Episode One Racer randomly screw up for me on the tracks. Sorry if that sounds a little vauge, but if you play a couple tracks you'll see what I'm talking about.

Clements

Okay, some more info on various Perfect Dark bugs with some much better shots for you.

Using latest Glide64 + Mupen64 0.5.1, Perfect Dark has much fewer bugs. Since these bugs have only just been fixed with this plugin and currently do not work with Jabo's or any other plugin, it's important that they are highlighted here. These are some pics of some bugs I posted about earlier.

1) Team colours. Jabo's does not colour the players. Interesting Note: Player when just about to disappear briefly flashes the correct colour with Jabo's.
2) Perfect Menu blur. Jabo's display is black here.
3) Combat Simulator blur. Jabo's plugin does not show the background (Computer monitor at start of game in my shot), just the red/orange effect.
4) Charged Mauler + Team colour. Jabo's renders the effect incorrectly.
5) Another missing blur effect.
6) More blur effects.
7) Player Highlights option enabled, players intermittently flash light blue on the real N64. Interesting Note: In Jabo's D3D8 plugin, when Highlight Pickups is enabled, only the word 'Ammo' on the boxes actually blinks correctly. The rest of the box does not flash as it should.

According to Gonetz, the Highlights problem is caused by a non-standard blending mode:

http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showpost.php?p=73464&postcount=185
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showpost.php?p=73461&postcount=56

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Sounds great. Now all we need is fixes for the weapon switch slowdown and no sky and Perfect Dark will be almost perfect. : D

Last edited:

A.I.

Banned
Skull_Kid said:
Sounds great. Now all we need is fixes for the weapon switch slowdown and no sky and Perfect Dark will be almost perfect. : D

Wat about the IR scanner?

A.I.

Banned
Skull_Kid said:
That wasn't fixed? Yeah, that too then.

I dunno if IR Scanner works in Glide cos Glide aint compatable with my graphic card...Sob...Hope all these changes is gonna be implemented in v1.7for Rice's and Jabo's plugins or im screwed! :(

Clements

To clarify: These fixes are only present in Glide64 and no other plugin, and Glide64 supports the IR scanner (although it doesn't seem to work well with the wrapper yet.)

A.I.

Banned
Clements said:
To clarify: These fixes are only present in Glide64 and no other plugin, and Glide64 supports the IR scanner (although it doesn't seem to work well with the wrapper yet.)

Dont wanna be pushy but can you confirm these fixes will be implemented for vs1.7 using jabos default and Rices plugins. Gonna be real upset if i play PD or GE with these errors.

Clements

I personally have no info on whether these are fixed in other plugins, so I am posting the bug info I do have (pictures of the effects working correctly, any other info) so that these can be fixed in Jabo's plugin (or at least, become known bugs in the GameFAQ, which they are currently are not).

Glide64 works well with this game, but is often slow with the Mupen64+Glide64+Hacktarux wrapper combination even with my hardware. I also cannot get HWFBE working with the game.

I also know now that the Perfect Dark coronas (and in general, coronas in most N64 games) not showing is due to a depth buffer render bug. Gonetz has not fully solved this bug, yet.

Speaking of mempaks in another thread, I also discovered something very odd with the way PJ64 handles memory paks.

It sometimes generates redundant mpk saves even if the game made no use of the Controller Pak on the real system. Examples of games that do this:

1080 Snowboarding
Banjo-Tooie
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Goldeneye 007
Jet Force Gemini.

I am 100% certain these games did not use the pak, as I own all these games, and have access to all the boxes, manuals and so on from these games. I deleted the mpk saves as a check, and they were regenerated as the game loaded in the emulator. I've also played these games extensively on the real system. There of course may also be others which I can't verify myself.

Normally, PJ64 does not generate mempaks when the game does not use them. It is only with these games that they are (and they should not be). It may even be bugs in these games, but I'll report it anyway as it may be a legit bug.

Last edited:

Thunderbird8

Not sure if this is all that helpful, but Rayman 2 seems to need a high Counter Factor in the Cave of Bad Dreams. If it's too low, the cave master will miss one of his jumps and fall into the pool of...stuff...below. A CF of 5 worked, but I skipped 4 when testing. I haven't seen any problems up to this point with a CF of 2 though, other than the aforementioned issue.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i was going to post the update tonight but with the domain problems, i'll wait a few days. so there's still time for any more things people have.

Typify

Nolife
The second stage of Beetle Adventure Racing! (Mount Mayhem) is nearly unplayable with Jabo's 1.6 graphics plugin, the screen is covered in a strange black pattern and you can barely see anything. It works normally with 1.5.2, though.