What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

GaimeGuy

Thanks a lot.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but is there a way to lock a game at 30 FPS, not 60? A lot of N64 games (including Mystical Ninja) run a bit faster than they were meant to, since, well, they weren't supposed to run at 60 FPS. :p

wait, nm, I just synched the audio to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
beta9 added.
another small collection of changes,
as usual see first block in changelog in first post in this thread.
you can now press "author's homepage" in pj about to visit this thread :)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I've just noticed some things about this release, here they are:

There were some problems regarding Mischief Makers that weren't added in this version; here's a more detailed description about them:
Mischief Makers (E) [!]:
- On level 3-10 where you have to take part in some events the last event (Mathfun) is unplayable because the text for the caclulations is missing. You can continue the game by selecting another event or by trying to guess the correct result.
- On level 4-1 there is a rock that chases you. This rock is invisible. You can continue the game by moving as fast as you can. The rock is visible with Jabo's video plugin v1.52
- On various underground levels there should be a black mask that covers most of the screen except from the middle. This mask is missing (this actually makes the game easier). The mask is somewhat emulated incorrectly with Jabo's video plugin v1.52
The above was tested on a GeForce 2 MX and a Mobility Radeon X600 using the default plugins. The problems cannot be fixed by changing any video plugin options.

The "Mickey's Speedway USA" entry in PJgameFAQ has wrong title (the title is : "Chrome Demo - Enhanced (PD ").

RadeonUser

On the Mischief Makers note it wasnt added because it hasnt been verified by us. Each report is investigated by us and if it holds truth it is added to the gamefaq, settings are changed, and/or suggestions are added.

We asked for state saves of the issues but nothing was provided for us. We simply cant devote the time to testing/playing through each issue that's brought up. I tried playing through that game but it simply gave me a headache trying to understand what to do. Everyone else was busy testing /adding / verifying other issues or dealing with real life.

At this point we are relying on each of you to help us improve PJ64 and it may sound bad but if our requests go unanswered the problem may be pushed into a lower priority in favor of spending more time on other games and demos that can be more easily dealt with.

Techman

Nolifer
I noticed two errors in Megaman 64 (U):

- You can't see the refractor piece in the cutscene when you start a new game with the lastest video plugin, but you can with 1.5.2. (This doesn't require a save state, does it? You can start new game right away.)
(EDIT: I just noticed that you need to enable Use legacy pixel pipeline to see it.)

- The game intro screen will have odd lines in it when you play on fullscreen with jabo's latest video plugin. (Again, doesn't happen with 1.5.2 for me and you won't need a save state to this one either, you see the intro right as you load the rom)

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
RadeonUser said:
On the Mischief Makers note it wasnt added because it hasnt been verified by us. Each report is investigated by us and if it holds truth it is added to the gamefaq, settings are changed, and/or suggestions are added.

We asked for state saves of the issues but nothing was provided for us. We simply cant devote the time to testing/playing through each issue that's brought up. I tried playing through that game but it simply gave me a headache trying to understand what to do. Everyone else was busy testing /adding / verifying other issues or dealing with real life.

At this point we are relying on each of you to help us improve PJ64 and it may sound bad but if our requests go unanswered the problem may be pushed into a lower priority in favor of spending more time on other games and demos that can be more easily dealt with.
Sorry RadeonUser... It's not the easiest thing to upload stuff on a 56k connection (that's why I avoid attaching savestates and multyple screenshots). Since native saves are small enough it's easy for me to upload them so here's the save for the (E) version (every level accessible).
If you guys want me to upload anything else just ask it but don't overdo it please :p

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Techman said:
I noticed two errors in Megaman 64 (U):

- You can't see the refractor piece in the cutscene when you start a new game with the lastest video plugin, but you can with 1.5.2. (This doesn't require a save state, does it? You can start new game right away.)
(EDIT: I just noticed that you need to enable Use legacy pixel pipeline to see it.)
Thank you Techman. Noted.

Speedfreak69 said:
Hi Guys
Just searched the forum for this problem but could'nt find it
In Pilotwings 64 (E) (M3) [!] when you take photos in the hang glider stage then go to look at them the photos quickly flash up then then screen goes black.
This problem does'nt happen in Pilotwings 64 (U) [!]

Thank you Speedfreak69. This is due to the Direct 3D Clear Mode issue.

This has been noted.

Speedfreak69

Mario Party 2 bug

Hi Guys
Was just playing Mario Party 2 (U) [!] and in this mini game called Magnet Carta (2on2 game) it slows right down(i have attached a save state, sorry it is pretty big).

And also from Mario Party 2 a few pictures from a mini game called Totem Pole Pound.
At the start and at the end of the game there is black lines thru the background.

Another mini game called Lights Out (1on3 game) at the end of the game when they celebrate they are in front of the bar.

Mini game called BOB-OMB Barrage (1on3 game) the person in the boat you can see the whole ripple above the floor of the boat.

End of game during the credits when Bowser is introduced the whole screen flickers.

And another game Puzzle Bobble 64 (J) [!] when you load it up there is a few screens that have garbage on them and don't press start just watch thru the demos and after the demos a few screens have garbage on them or are messed up.

Last edited:

xamenus

Does the Zelda Subscreen Delay still occur in PJ64 v1.6? If so, you may want to address this issue in the GameFAQ.

Miretank

Lurking
playing in 1.6 i took this pics.
the messed one with D3D8 1.6 jabo's video plugin.
the good one with 3D6 1.5.2.
this happens with other games, like Quake II, i'll try to send more pics.
my gfx: geforce4 mx 4000 64 mb

Miretank

Lurking
its ISS2000 (U), and the same happens to ISS98, but its worse, cause sometimes it hangs because it "can't load a word". and sorry, i thought i wrote the game name in the title :p later i will add more game pix.
and trotterwatch, i changed the D3D. the graphics did not get messed, but the field gets black; pausing the game, half gets grey and other half gets blue colors.
for me, Jabo's 1.5.2 looked more effective.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ISS series looks ok to me in D3D8, maybe your graphics card.
no need to add more pics of same issue.
For ISS98 'failed to load word', try enabling TLB. can't remember why that was off.

Sir Camehan

To me, MiretanK.O, it looks like that your video card does not support pixel shaders of ANY kind. I would very strongly suggest that you upgrade your video card to one that supports pixel & vertex shaders if you want to have better graphics rendering.

This is probably why your screenshots show that wierd blending

Miretank

Lurking
thanx sir camehan, yeah, my video card doesn't support a lot of effects (other lack for me is blend mode, i feel this in zelda), and while I don't have enough money to buy other card i'll be using plugins that suits better my limitations. and for the ones in the same situation of mine, try to use use different plugins to get better results.

Sir Camehan

I understand. I was having some real wierd rendering errors with my old video card (which was by coincedance, the exact model of your's, except it had more video RAM). I recommend using the plugin "gln64" for Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time. It should also work extremly well with other games, if you have a video card that doesn't support pixel shaders.

Also, Rice's latest plugin with the default OpenGL combiner should work wonders with your current video card. It worked extremly well with my old one, and by rights it should work on yours, too.

Speedfreak69

Ok here goes the list for Mario Party 3 (U) [!] and pictures are in the same order as list

Mini game Tidal Toss (1on3 game) Clouds messed up.

Mini game End of the Line (1on1 game) on the winners screen black lines going across the background.

Mini game Ridiculous Relay (1on3 game) lines can be seen in the water on the bottom screen.

Mini game Baby Bowser Bonkers (1on1 game) lines going thru the backrow of the holes.

Mini game Crowd Cover (1on1 game) graphics messed up of the drawing and 2 lines coming out of the circle in the middle toad.

Mini game Fowl Play (1on1 game) Clouds messed up.

Mini game Log Jam (2on2 game) background graphics messed up.

On item screen you can see lines coming out of the objects.

On the file select screen the copy and erase star are not correct.

Mini game Chipshot Challenge (4 player duel) the clouds shadows go all fuzzy when it zooms up to the flag.

Thats it now back to the game to find more bugs

Sorry for the new thread but i couldnt upload any more pics in the thread.

Mini game Pop Gun Pickoff (1on1 game) Blue crosshair sight is not correct (looks like it is only half a sight).

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Speedfreak69, is that jabo's v1.6 video? if so can you please post state saves of a few of those areas. have you listed your sys. specs somewhere?

beta9b upped, a few more corrections.
GameFAQ is now searchable, this adds about 40kb but is useful to us anyway.
a shout out to all the websites out there - please only store this file locally if you're going to update it every time! better to link here? while you're there, could you check your pj64 sections for old files - i hate to think what's happening to users applying really old (ini,rdb,cht,lng,chm) files to pj64 1.6... would make a big mess. simply, any files older than April 2005 probably need to go please.

Speedfreak69

Yep it is Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 (all the default plugins) and i will post a save state later as i am at work

I edited my profile and filled in my computer specs but it is not showing up on the bottom of my message ???

anyway here are my specs

AMD XP 1800
Win 98
Radeon 9250 128M
Soundblaster Live
256M

edit
Ok here is my save just load up the jj file and then go to party mode and then mini games which are unlocked

Last edited: