Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some RDB errors (on the notes for the default plugins):
    "Cruis'n USA [video] slow in places" <-- It isn't slow with the D3D8 video plugin.

"Shadowgate 64 [video] slow" <-- It isn't slow with the D3D8 video plugin. In fact it may seem slow during gameplay but it's the game's normal speed. It has some very minor slowdowns in the begining of the "movies" and when you turn the first page of a book.

"Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars [video] (see GameFAQ)" <-- The GameFAQ entry does not report any "problems" for this game (actually the problems were fixed in v1.6).

The lack of Pixel shaders on some video cards results in various problems on some games (Quest 64, Zelda, etc.). Also, some games are slow with the D3D6 video plugin but fast with the D3D8 video plugin. Maybe a note about these should be added in the "Common Questions & Answers" section. What do you think smiff?
    I'm not insane. YOU are insane... You are all insane!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, of course it depends on your system! when i say "slow", i often mean the video plugin uses abnormally high amounts of CPU, so the emulator as a whole *could* slow down - i'd rather be safe and say something might be a problem, so people like you have a good surprise (probably you dont 'see the slowdown' because the counter stays above 60fps), than say it's all ok (or not say anything) and have other people complain.. of course if there really is no issue the comment should go, i will check those again.

it's a good point though, i will think about clarifying this somehow, without getting too wordy..
    Last edited by Smiff; May 15th, 2005 at 22:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please change it to these setting

and Quotation from GameFAQ(Hey You, Pikachu!, Pokemon Stadium etc):
    The only way to get voice support in this game is to use real N64 hardware accessories (a genuine N64 microphone and a genuine N64 controller) on a genuine Adaptoid using the Adaptoid input plugin provided. Note that this will theoretically work, but has not been tested.
    I think that it is not true.
    adaptoid support Mempack and RumblePack *ONLY*.
    TransferPack, VRU, BioSensor etc... are not supported.
    英語苦手だっつーの!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nekokabu thanks, i will check over those, a few questions please:

Castlevania, why do you set 8MB RDRAM? i know game supports exp. pak, but how does it help? (i couldn't see any benefit to graphics).

F-Zero, why do you enable TLB? we don't think the game uses it.
    Smash Bros, same
    Zelda, same.
    where do these games use TLB please? would love to know!
    Last edited by Smiff; May 16th, 2005 at 19:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff
    Castlevania, why do you set 8MB RDRAM? i know game supports exp. pak, but how does it help? (i couldn't see any benefit to graphics).
    Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness supported Expansion Pack.
    because I change it.

F-Zero, why do you enable TLB? we don't think the game uses it.
    Smash Bros, same
    Zelda, same.
    where do these games use TLB please? would love to know!
    please check state file with hex editor.
    and search "TLB", if game uses it, it found.
    (*state file is using little endian format, you need to convert little endian -> bigendian.. but it is difficult )
    Last edited by Nekokabu; May 16th, 2005 at 20:37.
    英語苦手だっつーの!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use the expansion pack too for this game. That's because if you're using Jabo's D3D6 video plugin and set the memory to 4MB there will be some framebuffer related issues on some menus; if you set the memory to 8MB and make the game use the expansion pack then the errors are gone. Weird...

PS: This works only with Legacy of Darkness (the original Castlevania does not support the expansion pack).
    I'm not insane. YOU are insane... You are all insane!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just played Kirby 64 (E), it says core issues in the database, I played through the first 2 missions and didn't see any problems. In the GameFAQ it says that the energy bar is missing, but I can see it. If you don't believe me just look in the attachment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    right ok, Castlevania2 is going onto 8MB - res detection actually seems to work in both reses, and on both regions.

edit: btw, this demonstrates nicely why you don't mess with things without much care: now gent has to redo all the cheats to work with the exp pak on. being such a nice guy he's agreed to do it but the changeover could cause problems.

edit2: for anyone following this wondering "wtf, of COURSE i want the exp. pak if the game support it!", no that's not obviously right because (a) the graphics are HLEd and if the game *only* raises the resolution, there is zero benefit from using the extra 4MB, you just raise state sizes hence waste space and possibly slow emulation, (b) it often complicates plugin res detection, because now users can choose two different resolutions when they start the game, there's more to go wrong. hope this explains things!
    Last edited by Smiff; May 16th, 2005 at 23:00.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rat Attack : another core issue creating a video problem

you may say why ?

compare PJ64 and 1964:

here with 1964: impossible to get the house with PJ64

DERBY STALLION 64: save problem: sram cannot be created or something like that. Only Nemu is able to do it. YOU CANNOT PLAY IF YOU CAN'T SAVE.

Ide Yosuke no Mahjong Juku (J): the game doesn't boot. it's a core issue.

Use for example 1964 with Jabo 1.6 and you have gfx ...

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine : need video plugin : why the ?: it's a missing ucode. of course it's a video problem.
    Last edited by Clements; September 29th, 2006 at 04:14. Reason: Merge

The Soul Reaving Gentleman Gent's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olivieryuyu
    Rat Attack : another core issue creating a video problem

you may say why ?

compare PJ64 and 1964:

here with 1964: impossible to get the house with PJ64
    Attach a .pj save please just before this and also state what region this is if not both

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast