What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Turok - Dinosaur Hunter: textures, how often/bad are these messed up? have you got pics? thanks clements you're very helpful.

Clements

They are messed up in the intro and the first level, but I haven't tried other levels, but I assume it's throughout (there is a cheat to access all levels: NTHGTHDGDCRTDTRK). Is this a multitexturing issue? These shots should shot the difference.

#1: Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2 /Jabo's D3D8 1.6 with Use Legacy Pixel Pipeline enabled (textures work fine, exactly like real N64)
#2: Jabo's D3D8 1.6 (textures darker, less detailed, more obvious that is repeated)

IMPORTANT EDIT: I find that 'Use Legacy Pixel Pipeline' fixes the issue with D3D8 - The game now runs flawlessly. :D

I guess there should be a note in the GameFAQ about this since it requires an advanced setting change.

Last edited:
Clements said:
IMPORTANT EDIT: I find that 'Use Legacy Pixel Pipeline' fixes the issue with D3D8 - The game now runs flawlessly. :D

I guess there should be a note in the GameFAQ about this since it requires an advanced setting change.

in my 6800GT the textures are fine, and i don't have to enable "Use Legacy Pixel Pipeline", so it's your hardware fault there

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
turok1 - i get same as clements on GF3 and Radeon9550.

beta8 added, very minor changes, GameFAQ is getting big though :/

we've got two games that need thorough testing now:
Zelda OoT/MQ
F-Zero (or F-ZERO as it now insists on shouting).

Last edited by a moderator:

Clements

I played through Ocarina of Time with PJ64 1.6 + Jabo's D3D8 from the Forest Temple right to Ganon's Castle and experienced no errors of note, other than the brief white background to Link's picture you get when you change equipment which is not present in other plugins and the real N64 and Gamecube. It would be great if someone can verify this to be a true bug, probably framebuffer related (is not fixed with the Copy framebuffer to RDRAM option). I also have a native state with all heart pieces, equipment and zero deaths without any cheats used if that's useful :p

I haven't tried Master Quest, but I know that it had issues with PJ64 1.5 that required cheats to be activated in order to finish the game. This will need a bit of testing.

dutchMasta

For me, I had a problem with Change memory&cache (I mentioned it before), in forest temple. The game froze when I was un/twisting (forgot which) the corridor, I shot the arrow, and the camera moves through the corridor, and back, then it freezes. Changing it to default fixes this (I haven't tried others). But I had the lost woods prob, so I don't think either default or change mem&cache are perfect, but these rarely happen so it doesn't bother me much at all.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, another freeze, using default (I think), after completing the shadow temple, and getting warped back the graveyard, walking into kakariko village freezes the game. I changed back to change mem&cache (I think), and it was ok. it was a bitch though, since shadow temple is prob the only one which has a boss door damn deep inside the dungeon.

Last edited:

Jesterhead

Duke Nukem - Zero hour

I don´t know if its the right place to post, but it seems that Duke Nukem - Zero Hour needs "Send Audio lists to Audio Plugin" for Sound. Maybe notice this as RSP prob. in gamefaq after confirmation :)

-Edit-

There seem to be more Probs with Duke, on the first there are 2 places where the game hangs (sound still working and running), only graphics hangs, not sure but i remember that i read somewhere that 1st level is unplayable, not sure if it was in an older PJ64 Version.

The Places are the the exit to Hangar 2 and a place who could be a shooting test.

-Edit 2- :blush:

Could it be that the Intro where the military girl asks Duke for Help is cutting off?
She says something about Aliens and help us and next scene is Duke talking with himself in the past.
(lol, nice scene where Duke shoots a sceleton with a shotgun and blood appers :p )

Last edited:

Clements

Smiff: I tried to unravel the cause of the 'Not Found' issue when you load up the GameFAQ, and now I understand what's happening. I made a workaround for the issue if anyone is interested. The cause is that PJ64 points it to a file that no longer exists but used to exist here:

html/8 FAQ/games/_index.htm

I made a workaround by duplicating welcome.htm to resemble the "missing file" and changed the links so the stylesheet and link worked. I'll attach the modified chm and source. The filesize is almost the same. I hope that it is perfect so I that I can go to bed worry free! There is less pressure for a rush release to fix this minor bug now. :p

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
clements we know lol, thanks but i put that in originally as a workaround (as it is in v1.6), now Witten has patched the source (the app source)... so it works in my copy :p i may put the workaround back in.
the problem is you do these little things to fix little things, you forget, and the little things never get fixed :p
i have some other plans to make it even l33ter but they are top secret ehe ;)

Last edited:

Jelta

Clements said:
- Doubutsu no Mori (J) has a messed up Pause menu (see shot) which appears not to be fixed with Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM. So unless this is fixable:

? -> [video] error(s):pause menu
backgrounds is used Self-rendered textures.
(blacksquare is unfixable ... )

pause menu delay issue like Zelda OoT. if enable Copy framebuffer to RDRAM then avoid it.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well, very little feedback now, i take it no-one's found any problems?
i've made a few more changes but wanted to do more before posting another...

Speedfreak69

Pilotwings 64 (E) (M3) [!] bug

Hi Guys
Just searched the forum for this problem but could'nt find it
In Pilotwings 64 (E) (M3) [!] when you take photos in the hang glider stage then go to look at them the photos quickly flash up then then screen goes black.
This problem does'nt happen in Pilotwings 64 (U) [!]

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Smiff said:
well, very little feedback now, i take it no-one's found any problems?
i've made a few more changes but wanted to do more before posting another...
You want a new issue eh? :p

Here's one, Mickeys Speedway USA, if you use the 1.5.2 plugin, the in-game graphics are totally screwy, I don't remember that with 1.5 or 1.5.1:

Edit: Actually it is happening in 1.5 for me as well, may be driver related. I'll update my drivers.

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

Mickeys Speedway USA : there is a problem of with starting lights: they doesn't light up ....

impossible to know if it's a core or a video plugin issue :(

RadeonUser

Uhm why are you using the D3D6 plugin anyway? From your computer specs you have an X800 thats more than capable of handling all the effects Jabo uses.

The only issue we have on our list for mickey's speedway is the go lights not working. It doesnt seem like anyone has these working.

On a note for everyone else: There will be no work done on the D3D6 plugin. It was dropped and is only provided for backwards compatability on older generation video cards. Optimally the D3D8 plugin should work fine for those cards as well (you may have to Use legacy pixel pipeline for some odd quirks that arent auto detected though)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Just wanted to see if the old plugin handled it better.

Edit: Plus, newer isn't always better in all situations, take Banjo-Tooie for instance, with 1.5.2 the game never crashes - with 1.6 it crashes within 20 minutes.

Then there's Turok, the game runs better with the older plugin as well.

I am well aware that no work will be done on the older plugin, just something for the gamefaq if this turns out to be a common error, and there are people out there who cannot use the new plugin.

Last edited:

GaimeGuy

I notice that Legend of the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon's audio is not only off, but it just doesn't sound right either. The music in game sounds nothing like what I remember of the game playing it on my N64, nor does it sound like the USF dumps or the OST which I have.

Anyone know of an audio codec which makes the game sound exactly the way it should?

Clements

GaimeGuy said:
I notice that Legend of the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon's audio is not only off, but it just doesn't sound right either. The music in game sounds nothing like what I remember of the game playing it on my N64, nor does it sound like the USF dumps or the OST which I have.

Anyone know of an audio codec which makes the game sound exactly the way it should?

This appears to be a conflict of some kind. Using Jabo's graphics and audio plugins sounds flawless - really nice. To check this for yourself, use this combination and do not allow the camera angle to change when testing this since...

Jabo's plugin does not support 'Faster loading Tiles' like Rice's plugin. I seem to recall that MN uses large textures that is slow to load in the normal way or something like that, so he added this option for it to be fullspeed, otherwise the game has the massive slowdowns. MN is only playable with Rice's plugin (and perhaps Glide64 using a real Voodoo).

As soon as you switch graphics plugins to Rice's Video the audio sounds nothing like it should even using the same audio plugin. Sounds terrible - like most of the tune and bass is removed, and some of the sound effects are gone. You were right about listening to the USF rip - the music is accurate. I actually own this game for real so I can confirm that.

This is a very weird issue. My guess is a conflict. For the time being, 1964 doesn't have this problem.

Last edited: