What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

seam

Armorines - audio sync stops game
banjo kazooie - need to use legacy pipeline to display parts correctly(intro has black parts everywhere, some parts ingame are too bright, how has nobody else noticed this?)
banjo tooie - also needs legacy pipeline to display parts correctly(banjos shadow, his colors are too bright, etc.)
doom64 - had to raise brightness, anyone else verify this? ALSO says "see faq" although there is no mention of this game in the faq
excitebike64 - audio sync stops game
mariogolf - needs legacy pixel pipeline to display course colors properly, ALSO says "see faq" although there is no mention of the game in the faq
Mario tennis - use jabos 1.52 for better performance
mortal kombat trilogy v1.2 - audio sync slows down game a lot, but doesnt stop game like with armorines, excitebike64, etc.)
mystical ninja starring goemon - use Rices 6.1.1 for fullspeed
Re-Volt - freezes a lot even with cf3. runs better with Rices 6.1.1
Scars - audio sync stops game
San Francisco rush - need to use "set direct3D Clear Mode" to "ONLY PER FRAME" in the car select screen. turn off once in game.
San Francisco rush 2049 - audio sync stops game
star wars episode I racer - has minor grafx glitches during gameplay
Tetris 64 - for this rom, i CANNOT get it to work no matter what. i have tried like 20 different ones that i have downloaded. and with every one i get the same error which is, "in a permanent loop that cannot be exited. emulation will now stop. verify rom and rom settings." the rom works fine in 1964 though. i have no idea whats wrong.
tetrisphere - has minor glitches, very playable. also sounds sometimes makes horrible loud screeching noise while it loads the level.
top gear rally 2 - audio sync stops game
tsumi to batsu (sin and punishment) - use Rices 5.6.0 with basic frame buffer and basic render to texture(for proper blur effects). use schibos audio plugin for best sound??
turok dinosaur hunter v1.1 v1.2 - has minor clipping issues
wipeout64 - use direct3D transformation pipeline to fix draw distance problems
yoshis story - in addition ot F-3582's post, has anyone noticed that the water surface is severly messed up??

ok, there you go, now so you know. every rom is (u) except for sin and punishment which is (J). and are ALL verified with GoodRom. i have screenshots of all the problems too. but i didnt wnat to upload every one. if you need to see any just ask and ill be gald to upload them. hope this helps, also i'd like to know if anyone else has or doesnt have the same problems with the roms i just mentioned, so i can know if its just my setup or if its with everyone. thanks.

seam

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
seam, thanks but where's your system specs?! i'm betting most/all of that "use legacy pipeline" stuff is your hardware not being great..

Nekokabu

Smiff said:
Ganbare_Goemon_-_Neo_Momoyama_Bakufu_no_Odori_(J) (and other regions)
i can't get to start on 4MB RDRAM, not sure how you are doing that?
not run?
It is run on My PC...

BTW: please add line in this game;)
Resolution Height=239

Last edited:

seam

Smiff said:
seam, thanks but where's your system specs?! i'm betting most/all of that "use legacy pipeline" stuff is your hardware not being great..

well i hope not... i have an abit AN7 motherboard with an amd 2ghz 2400+, 512ddr 3200 400, with a geforce 5600. im using windows xp pro, and using the newest direct x.

ToninhoFWi

I had some troubles with games and when I replace my rom it works. I think that the betther is you try another rom version first. Try "E" versions that appear be more stables for me.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ToninhoFWi said:
I had some troubles with games and when I replace my rom it works. I think that the betther is you try another rom version first. Try "E" versions that appear be more stables for me.

if both are verified good, it should rarely matter.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
seam said:
banjo kazooie - need to use legacy pipeline to display parts correctly(intro has black parts everywhere, some parts ingame are too bright, how has nobody else noticed this?)
Looks fine here. I don't remember it being any brighter on my N64. The black bits in the intro are causes by framebuffer effects. Enable 'Copy framebuffer to RDRAM' and they'll be fine, but it'll be a lot slower. My system (AMD Athlon XP 2100+, ATI Radeon 8500LE) gets a full 60FPS with framebuffer effects on, but only about 45FPS with them on.

seam said:
banjo tooie - also needs legacy pipeline to display parts correctly(banjos shadow, his colors are too bright, etc.)
Also seems fine for me. Default settings get me a shadow, legacy pipeline makes no difference. Tryed updating your video card drivers recently?

seam said:
tetrisphere - has minor glitches, very playable. also sounds sometimes makes horrible loud screeching noise while it loads the level.
What would these 'glitches' be? The game seems fine to me. Also, 'horrible screeching noise'? Never heard any.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
BETA4 posted. new beta GameFAQ to go with it included - trying a slightly new layout. but the error page when you open it is due to the 1.6 app, please ignore that and look at the content :)

seam

seam said:
well i hope not... i have an abit AN7 motherboard with an amd 2ghz 2400+, 512ddr 3200 400, with a geforce 5600. im using windows xp pro, and using the newest direct x.

so can i get some feedback smiff? heh. i didnt just make up the problems i was having. is it that my videocard is too old or what? any reccomendations?

seam

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Beta5 upped.
this is mainly a GameFAQ update. (got some difficulties doing this ATM 'cos Gent is away).
also added a readme in case this file gets around.

@ seam,
i'd clean reinstall the latest official drivers. you should be ok, says Rad who knows about graphics cards.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Guess I should mention that some games that had various slowdowns in the previous version are fine now using Jabo's D3D8 video plugin. The list of these games includes: Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64, Cruis'n USA and Mischief Makers (and probably others too).
Be aware that the slowdowns still occur when using Jabo's D3D6 video plugin.

Last edited:

Guru64

Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo to Kazooie no Daibouken - Missing text: Disable 'Adjust game aspect ratio to match yours'

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no we don't tell people to turn off advanced settings that they've turned on :) your lookout sorry! yes not all games work with it though you're right.

Last edited:

RattleMan

Avid Gamer
On the new GameFAQ, I noticed this so far: On Ocarina of Time Master Quest, clicking "Why does the game crash before the credits?" on the FAQ doesn't take you to where you want to go.

Last edited:

Hitman

just wanted to say great job to Smiff and everyone helping test games. New PJ64 rocks. Keep up the great work guys :)

Tiger1

Hi, I just wanted to request Rayman 2 to change the status to campatible instead of plugin issues because it seems perfect playable to me. I just played 2 Levels, but without a small error

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
BETA6 added.
Things are slowing down now as most things are done i.e. most games get to be working about as well as they can in this version of pj... the help files are an almost never-ending job though ;)
Looking for more feedback really, what we've had is good, just need more!
I want to give at least a week or two without major changes until considering safe for public release...

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
Smiff, could i ask you if you have merged/added some or all changes done by Nekokabu & MASA (uoRDB v4.03a)?
(in special the not Good Names related changes...)

indeed, thanks for your work!

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i've picked through some of Nekokabu's and added some things we could verify, mainly japanese games where he is clearly right and we didn't try very hard :p I don't change things for the sake of changing them, we have to be pretty sure it's an improvement.
all the changes are in the log in the first post. it's good that both of us have detailed logs so you can check through yourself if you want...

about the Good Names - we use the current available version of GoodN64 (2.02a), with the exception of the multilanguage tags (Mn), some of which are in ahead of the next version, someone in the team has contacts with Cowering. so there shouldn't be too many suprises, for example, i *haven't* changed Legend of Zelda to The Legend of Zelda or anything like that - people should find the rdb matches up with their set quite well!

Last edited: