What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

Gaz

I'm new to this so I don't really need that zip file, I just want the direct link to projectn64 1.6, i've been looking all over for it :plain:

Speedfreak69

Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil (E) [!] and (U) [!] intro slows down a bit (when iguana is being shoot at with arrows) and if you dont press any keys and wait for the demo it slows right down and when you start a new game it slows down a bit during the intro (was tested on a P3 800)

Turok 3 - Shadow of Oblivion (E) [!] and (U)[!] lots of slow down on the Aklaim Studios screen and title screen and options screen and intro (was tested on P3 800)
Aklaim logo is supposed to be in 3D
During the intro and cutscenes a transparent black line is up the top of the screen

da1writer

Turok 2 (U)... I have no problems, no slow down... it might also be my system specs... too high.
Turok 3 (U) can be fixed by switching to Glide64 v.0.8, just show a blind eye to the first Acclaim sign as everything else is fixed!
If you are getting some speed issues, why not try :1964: !

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
I would help out with the new 1.6 but I need to get another gamepad..The L shoulder button on my Saitek has one of its two wires broken

da1writer

LReyome27 said:
I would help out with the new 1.6 but I need to get another gamepad..The L shoulder button on my Saitek has one of its two wires broken
That's an easy fix, Grab a Logitec Dual Action Controller! It's cheap (less than $20) and I have the configurations for it.

Decided to grab a few more games/roms to see if they have any probs... which they do...
Fire Electric Pen (J)- Default plugin sucks, grab Glide64 v.0.8... it's great!
Mace: The Dark Age(U)- has alot of gfx problems, Glide 64 v.0.8 fixes all of them. There is a split down the middle on certain screens though...

Last edited by a moderator:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
LReyome27 said:
Why don't you try to fix it yourself? Even without real soldering experience...

weaselboy246

I don't know if anyone has noted this (don't want to flip thru 40 pages) but rename the PJgameFAQ.chm to PJGameFAQ.chm and Project64 will open it. Kinda stupid ain't it?

Also, noticed in the FAQ Pokemon Snap saying "pictures of pokemon signs not recognised correctly? (new report, unverified). ". This is completely true, I could not take pictures of any of them.

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Wave Race 64 bugs

Wave Race 64 (E) [!] and (J) [!] and (U) [!] in full screen mode the very first screen (nintendo logo) only takes up a quarter of the screen and after you choose your jetski and track there is a glitchy line down the bottom of the crowd and in the (E) version the glitchy line is pretty big (second pic)

da1writer

Wave Race 64 (U) can be fixed if you switch to a 3rd party plugin like Rice 6.1.1 beta 10.

I also found a game that has problems... Duck Dodgers (U). Too many graphical glitches like black items on certain characters and sometimes items disapear/reappear with default plugin. Everything gets fixed (almost) with the same plugin for the other game mentioned above. Also, there is one issue i should bring up with Duck Dodgers(U)... why is that during the movie sequences the subtitles are either too fast or the voices are too fast... is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

da1writer

Banana Warrior said:
sorry for my ignorance...but the glide64 grafics plugin card just makes my games worse....
Maybe it's your graphics card or system specs... probably both,I don't know as you don't mention them (system specs and Graphics card) like I and many others do on the bottom of our posts...
I have great progress with certain games that only can be fixed by Glide64, many people think so as well.
What games are you trying to make it work on?

Last edited:

Master_VEteam

Master Vetam
I a have problem with super smash bros
in the hyrule castel (multiplayer mode) It is slow

my configuration

P4 2,4ghz
512mb of ram
radeon 9800 pro
direct x 9c

Techman

Nolifer
Master_VEteam said:
I a have problem with super smash bros
in the hyrule castel (multiplayer mode) It is slow

my configuration

P4 2,4ghz
512mb of ram
radeon 9800 pro
direct x 9c

I am too having problems with the same level. Every time you jump and the lil' dust comes in that and only that level of SSB, it gets a bit slow for a sec. The same thing happens if some other effects are used in this level.

da1writer

Techman said:
I am too having problems with the same level. Every time you jump and the lil' dust comes in that and only that level of SSB, it gets a bit slow for a sec. The same thing happens if some other effects are used in this level.
I'm not having any problems, even invited a few of my friends to try PJ64 out on my recently upgraded computer...
Maybe that's why I'm not having any problems... my specs are too high...

flow``

flow``
you're crazy. he's not showing off, he's just rich and/or has loaded parents. not to mention he probably got ripped off a little for buying it pre-built online and not saving the money to buy/build it himself :p