What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Speedfreak69 said:
arrh no that was for a differant bug in Mission Impossible(something about a grey building in the background) not the one that i reported :evil:
but who cares anyway :p

Erm you do Aparently :)

Speedfreak69 said:
What the hell are you talking about ???
I saw no mention of the bug that i reported in the previous threads

we are all working towards the same goals here ;) Lets play nice kiddiewinks :)

da1writer

Oh and For Lego Racers (U), the dafault pugin causes missing vehicles (as mentioned in the rom selector of PJ64). This is easily fixed when you swith to the Glide 64 v.0.8 Wonder plugin.

Why do i keep finding stuff...
For Iggy's Wreckin' Balls(U), the Default plugin has some stretched letters when selecting stuff (see picture 1).
It was fixed by the talented Glide 64 v.0.8 Wonder plugin (Picture 2)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedfreak69

Rugrats in Paris - The Movie (E) [!] and (U) [!] at the start of the game when the dinosaur silhouette keeps shrinking and then enlarging there is black flashing lines around the outside of it

Top Gear Rally 2 (E) [!] and (U) [!] on the very first screen the bottom N is supposed to be a reflection (pic below is how it is supposed to be) and when you choose your cars they are glitched and on the menu screen you are supposed to see the picture thru the flag (pic below is how it is supposed to look)

Transformers - Beast Wars Metals 64 (J) [!] and Transformers - Beast Wars Transmetal (U) [!] at the start of each fight sometimes a white line quickly flashes up behind the fighters and on the menu screen choose bonus then toys and choose any transformer and the screen glitches up quickly and in the RDB notes (default plugins) it says slow but it is running normal for me

Triple Play 2000 (U) [!] players names are glitched and at the start of a baseball game the crowd and lights are glitched and during game in the background the crowd and big TV screen are glitched

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
da1writer said:
John Romero's Daikatana (U), can't be in high resolution (8 mb) with the default plugins as you can see (Picture 1).
I'm using Glide64 v.0.8 so I can play in high resolution (Picture 2):happy:!

and it looks better how?
edit: compared to Jabo's on default settings.

Last edited:

da1writer

hmmm... the screen is at least bigger(Using Glide64 v.0.8) than the small square that Jabo D3D8 v1.6 was giving me...

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 - Oudou Keishou (J) [!] intro runs pretty slow and after you have chosen your wrestlers and they are in the changerooms waiting to come to the ring the wrestler quickly flashes up in the ring and then the wrestler starts to walk out to the ring and during the game the 2 bars down thebottom are glitched

da1writer

1.I just noticed something in one game... Jet Force Gemini(U). It doesn't hurt the gameplay but it's still a graphical bug...
Why is most of the games objects (ships wings, moon, etc.) all clear no matter what plugin you use?
Note: I only have seen this problem in the beginning sequence... i have not looked up/played the rest of the game to see if this exists in other areas..
2. Yoshi's Story(U) has 1 bug that is... bugging me to death... the Mood Flower on the left hand corner of the screen. In order to fix it, grab Glide 64 v.0.8. This does cause a few graphical glitches but I overlook them as they don't hurt the gameplay...

Last edited:

Kemp

da1writer said:
Star Wars Episode 1 :Racers still can't have the expansion pak enabled or you will get screens like this still...

I've been running that (all regions) with the expansion pak enabled for quite a while now with no issues. All default settings (standard release RDB, so if this was caused by the beta version then just ignore me :p ).

I can see definate improvement with the expansion pak and no graphical artifacts.

Last edited:

da1writer

I found out why it is causing that problem...
In StarWars Episode 1: Racer(U), the Beta RDB's resolution is jacked up. Here is what it was:
[72F70398-6556A98B-C:45]
Good Name=Star Wars Episode I - Racer (U)
Internal Name=STAR WARS EP1 RACER
RDRAM Size=8
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=16kbit Eeprom
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Check Memory & cache
Use TLB=No
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Status=Compatible
Core Note=
Plugin Note=
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=0
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=320
Resolution Height=240
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1
Audio Signal=No

Here is what I change it to now, fixed... but only works for the default plugin (Jabo D3D8 v.1.6):
RDRAM Size=8
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=16kbit Eeprom
CPU Type=Recompiler
Use TLB=No
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Status=Compatible
Core Note=
Plugin Note=
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=0
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1
Audio Signal=No

But once you change this, for some reason... artifacts galore become present... just try out the first race to see what i mean. Where's the music while you race too?
Additional note: This was the only way to get the expansion pack's resolution to work properly for the new rdb...

Last edited:

Nekokabu

da1writer said:
I found out why it is causing that problem...
In StarWars Episode 1: Racer(U), the Beta RDB's resolution is jacked up. Here is what it was:
RDRAM Size=8
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=16kbit Eeprom
CPU Type=Recompiler
Use TLB=No
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Status=Compatible
Core Note=
Plugin Note=
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=0
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=320
Resolution Height=240
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1
Audio Signal=No

Here is what I change it to now, fixed... but only works for the default plugin (Jabo D3D8 v.1.6):
RDRAM Size=8
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=16kbit Eeprom
CPU Type=Recompiler
Use TLB=No
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Status=Compatible
Core Note=
Plugin Note=
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=0
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1
Audio Signal=No

But once you change this, for some reason... artifacts galore become present... just try out the first race to see what i mean. Where's the music while you race too?
Good Job! da1writer:)

Other Guy

And about Ogre Battle 64?

I didn't read all the posts, but in the first page i didn't see anything about Ogre Battle 64 (U). I used the 3 plugins that was asked.

The rom OB64 make the processor works more than other roms (sometimes is very slow). In the capterscene (sometimes break) don't apear some names and before a battle don't apear the animation how mirrors breaking (all black).

In the box text area have some defects. The text and the Photo of the characters is too hard.

In the battle scene sometimes apear the background. when it don't aperar show a blackscene with a strange band.

When the game is finished the game didn't work.

CPU: Pentiun 4 2.0, memo: 256 MB, VC: GeForce 2 MX400.

Speedfreak69

Ms. Pac-Man - Maze Madness (U) [!] in the RDB it says errors various but just in case one of these is not mentioned
glitches throughout the intro and writing is hard to read and some screens some of the pictures have pink lines around them
When you choose Classic mode all you can hear is the sounds
when you choose options then credits then after a while Project 64 will close down with an error
On multiplayer when you choose your maps they are all glitched up and during the game the map is all glitched up

PGA European Tour (E) [!] and (U)[!] this game is way too dark

Donkey Kong 64 (E) [!] and (U) [!] In Snide's HQ when you talk to him you can see all of the blueprints (not supposed to see it all at once ) bottom pic is correct

da1writer

I'll answer a few more of Speedfreak69's few posts back...
1.Top Gear Rally 2 (U) can be fixed by switching to the infamous Glide64 v.0.8.
2.Ms.Pac-Mac Maze Madness (U) can have everything fixed by the same plugin mentioned above. Check out the sweet fixed pics
below:p!
Exceptions are for this game-
a.If you go into the classic mode, you can see stuff only in the pause menu...
b.Still crashes in the credits screen... meaning it's not a video plugin error...

Note: I'm not really a sports fan except towards racing, so i may not post about some fixes for certain games like wrestling, baseball, soccer, football,etc...
Oh and Speedfreak69... find me more games that i can find fixes for:bouncy: !
You can take your time... I'm trying to get to your bug in DK64 (U)... could you possibly send my a save state?

Last edited:

©XL-DJK

Recordings Inc.2005
In Zelda OOT (v1.x) if you leave the cheat on for Epona to have Max Carrots while jumping over the gate in Lon Lon Ranch (Adult) the system hangs/game hangs

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
©XL-DJK said:
In Zelda OOT (v1.x) if you leave the cheat on for Epona to have Max Carrots while jumping over the gate in Lon Lon Ranch (Adult) the system hangs/game hangs
If you read the cheat note by just clicking on where it says Lon Lon Ranch you wouldnt leave it on :) and this has nothing to do with the RDB btw.

olivieryuyu

Ide Yosuke no Mahjong Juku (J)

comment: need video plugin 64dd

???

i can say that with PJ 1.5 the game was booting and you have gfx with glide64, Ricevideo for instance.

IT IS BROKEN WITH PJ 1.6

it works with Jabo v1.4 with f3dex microcode set manually !!!!

there is a big issue in this game that is causing hangings just before entering the game. Nemu avoid it with disable HLE.

:)

Speedfreak69

NASCAR 99 (E) [!) and (U) [!] and NASCAR 2000 (U) [!]
on the EA sports screen line thru the the last W and P
after you start a race the picture of the track name only takes up a quarter of the the screen and in NASCAR 99 so does then next screen aswell
In NASCAR 99 during the intro when the cars are going around the track then the NASCAR letters come scrolling onto the screen the back of them are all blue they are supposed to be all differant colours (the same colours on the front of the letters)
In NASCAR 99 (E) version in full screen mode the very first screen (choose your language) doesn't take up the whole screen

olivieryuyu

battle of naboo : interpreter only ?

why ? it works with recompiler (check with sound) (of course you have no gfx, except if you're Sir Camehan :p )