What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

da1writer

1.Tarzan (U) can be fixed easily by switching to Jabo's Direct 3d6 1.5.2 plugin.
2.Rampage World Tour (U) need to use glN64 v0.4.1 to get the glitches out, speed is kinda sacrificed though. 3rd party plugin.
3.Robotron 64 (E) is confirmed of having a 3d logo of Crave, haven't figured out why (U) rom doesn't. Sound/music speed
can be fixed if you use Jabo DirectSound 1.6- Sync game to Audio on.
4.Chopper Attack(U), F1 World Grand Prix I(U) and F1 World Grand Prix II(E) recquire a 3rd party plugin called Glide64 v0.8 wonder (paste in the plugin folder) with it's glide3x.dll(outside the plugin's folder.) It fixes all their problems.
5.Clay fighter 63 1-3(U) can have a few of it's issues fixed by grabbing Jabo Direct3D6 1.5.2.
6.Road Rash 64 can get all fixed up by using Rices newest plugin (Rice 6.1.1 Beta 6 is what I'm using). 3rd party plugin.

Last edited:

KyJelly

KyJelly said:
i had a look at the faq entry for perfect dark and it says that modern hardware is need for the cam spy to work properly. well i have a 9800 pro and you mean to tell me that that video card isn't "modern" enough? and what's strange is that it'll work sometimes in coop mode.

are there some rom options that i should enable for this particular hardware to get the cam spy working bcause it's very frustrating being stuck on the second mission :)

no one?

KyJelly

doesn't that slow it down a bunch?

sorry about wrong thread but i read it in the game faq and just thought...

sorry but that didnt do it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
olivieryuyu said:
small error:

it's not Shadowgate 64 (I) but (IS)

Nintama Rantarou (J)
Hexen (F)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (F)
International Superstar Soccer 2000 (FI)
The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (E) (1.1)

what's wrong with these please?

olivieryuyu

Smiff said:
what's wrong with these please?

oops mistake sorry :)

in fact Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil (FGD)

is Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil (FIS)

and The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (E) (1.1) is a new dump

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
BETA13 upped, complete changelog in first post but i'll repeat here:

Code:
Beta 13:

+Various Good Name corrections and Notes improvements

Jikkyou World Soccer 3 		1	Changed SMCM ChangeMem>Protect in line with U/E ISS64 - may prevent freeze.
Iggy's Reckin' Balls		3	Removed note about AV, was fixed in v1.6
Army Men - Air Combat (U) 	1	Added note about missile drawn incorrectly in level2+ (thanks Speedfreak69)
Bassmasters 2000 (U)		1	Added SMCM Cache, didn't boot on None if ABL off. added note about missing textures.
Chopper Attack/Wild Choppers 	3	Added note to see GameFAQ to explain pixel pipe issue (Radeonuser)
Lode Runner 3-D			3	Added note about missing menu highlight
Quake 1&2			4	Improved GameFAQ entry, complicated issues for these games
Duke Nukem - ZER0 H0UR 		3	Added fix, (F)/(U) now no longer freeze at first level (thanks Nekokabu!)
Nagano Winter Olympics/Hyper...	3	Added fix, all regions now no longer need overdump ROM (thanks Nekokabu!)

Added 5 new Zelda ROMs, provisionally Good Named (these names are probably NOT final!)
	Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (U) (GC Version)
	Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Collector's Edition (U) (GC Version)
	Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina - Zelda Collection Version (J) (GC Version)
	Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina GC (J) (GC Version)
	Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina GC Ura (J) (GC Version)

Renamed two hacked/fixed Zelda ROMs to proposed new Good Names (may also not be correct!)
	Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC) > Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [h1C]
	Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f2] > Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)

Added one other (non-Zelda) new ROM:
	Hoshi no Kirby 64 (J) (v1.3), left old ROM name alone, waiting for confirmation of version number.
thanks again to Nekokabu, Cowering, Gent and everyone in this thread.

Last edited:

RattleMan

Avid Gamer
EDIT: I diagnosed the problem: Some cheats were on. The default cheats included for Yoshi's Story will, when all activated, freeze the game when you get the last fruit.

Original Post: I have a problem with Yoshi's Story inwhich when you get the last piece of fruit (on the first real level at least), the game freezes. I checked, and my ROMs are good.

Last edited:

onemustfall

Beta tester wanabe
I noticed some problems in PJ64 and thought i ought to report them.

1. Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness; I noticed that nearing the end of the begging long movie there is a noticable glitch.

2. Rat Attack; At the very first the frame rate is very slow. For me it averages about 11.74 FPS.

3. 007 Goldeneye; in windowed mode; walk james bond around a little then move your mouse to system; which is on the menu bar; click it and there is an offset glitch in the video.

4. In Bust-A-Move '99; the game is completely unplayable the only thing that shows perfectly is the Acclaim Entertainment preveiw, but before and after the preveiw it shows a corrupted white line, and a barcode looking thing. I have the same problem with the game; Bust-A-Move 3 DX.

5. Big Mountain 2000; when you see the menu in the game then texture that says "press start" is way off insted it says "rt press sta" and same goes with all the options that come after I press start. Example: New game says "EW GAME N" and options says "ptions o"

6. Bettle Adventure Racing; when you press a button to skip the preveiws of the gameplay where the car is racing and crashing there is a yellow and black corrupted video segment that displays before entering the main menu.

7. Dark Rift; when fighting you and your opponent are not visible.

8. Bottom of the 9th; the game preveiws at the first are only displayed as a flash and are corrupt. After that the screen is black for an unusually long time until the menu shows.

9. Mission Impossible; when you start a game with the difficulty set at possible it shows a movie at the first located in a park. The grey building in the background shows a side that makes the building look uneven.

10. Paper Mario; when the stage is introduced onto the screen there are a series of flashes that shouldnt be in the game.

11. Yoshi's Story; while in your first level playing, you start running and jumping the video on the left half of the screen flickers.

12. Mega Man 64; after the two nintendo and capcom preveiws show there is a ocean and a sky and in that sky there is a plane. In this setting there is an offset black grid, when it should show no black grid lines.

13. F1 World Grand Prix 2; when racing the throttle bar in the bottom-right corner seems corrupted.

14. F1 World Grand Prix 2; Fans in the top seats have a blue outline arround them.

15. Monster Truck Madness 64; the first logo screen shows a bunch of lines which are supposed to be words. Same goes with the rest of the text in the game. The text is replaced with a line that looks like a bunch of metal barrols put together.

16. Hydro Thunder; all off the seperate textures in the game have a green line arround them.

17. Hydro Thunder; when you are choosing your boat it shows a movie clip in the middle of the motorboat riding in the water. The water flickers lightgreen and back to water this is a corruption in the video.

18. Carmageddon 64; when at the menu there is a rotating trophy, it is brown and i believe it should be metalic gold.

19. Command and Conquer; When you are listening to general sheperd's call the video is stretched out of it's frame.

20. Battlezone - Rise of the Black Dogs; when playing; the bottom half of the screen is black the top is almost normal but flickers.

21. The world is not enough; there is a soundcorruption when you first play, and you are talking to the bank lady.

22. Fighter Destiny 2; When fighting the life bars seem wrong.

23. Kirby 64; I believe the life bar is incorrectly shown.

These are all the bugs I could find in the time i had to type this, i hope to have helped.

thanks

EDIT: I am using the latest pj64 v1.6 and the latest plugins.

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

In the latest RDB gameFAQ Cybertiger is printed twice in the list

Hydro Thunder (E) [!] and (U) [!] on the choose a boat screen the water goes from green to black to correct and starts over again and in the rom browser there is no notes pointing to the gameFAQ about the known issues

da1writer

Not that this is a very big bug but if it's keeping you up at night speedfreak99,
your Hydro Thunder (U) can be fixed by using the Direct X option of Rice 6.1.1 beta 6:happy: !

I guess I might as well see if their are any fixes to the games onemustfall listed, I'll go down list by his #'s:
1.CastleVania:Legacy of Darkness(U) is fixed by using Rice 6.1.1 beta 6.
2.Rat Attack(U) for some reason... just runs slow on this emu. Try it on 1964... it runs great!
3.Well in Goldeneye (U), all gfx problems can get fixed if you switch to Rice 6.1.1 beta 6 (You even get the sky back:p !) Only problem I've found with this game is why the hell does the Green pickup truck from the beginning of the game get stuck on the second security door?

Well I got to go, I'll be back to see if there are anymore mor fixes to the roms you have mentioned:bouncy:!

Speedfreak69

Indy Racing 2000(U) [!] during the intro a couple of glitches (in the night sky white dots flashing and textures disappear and clipping)
after you select everything then go to race the border is glitched up with the previous screen
on drivers screen glitchy white line on right hand side
on track select on the map behind the red dot is glitchy red mark (can see it better during the game) and when you watch the previews of the tracks most of them have some clipping going on

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (U) [!] and (E) [!] and Jikkyou J.League 1999 - Perfect Striker 2 (J) [!]glitches up before the stadium and coin toss (all of them) and glitches on screen during the game and replays (not on the (J) version it is correct) and in the (J) version the goalie is glitched (but not on the (U) and (E) version they are correct)

da1writer

Now to continue onemustfall's list:
4.Bust a Move 99 (U) can be fixed with a surprising plugin... Jabo D3D7!!!
If you no longer have that plugin, grab glN64 v0.4.1...
5.For Big Mountian 2000 (U), This problem has already been addressed and fixed, plz grab the newest RDB file/Gamefaq on the first post of this thread.
6.Beetle Adventure Racing (U) has been addressed as well, do the same as above and you will find your answer.
7 & 8. Still can't figure out why Dark Rift and Bottom of the 9th don't work.
9.Mission Impossible (U) Can be fixed if you switch to glN64 v0.4.1.
10.Paper Mario (U) can be fixed by using Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder.
11.I switched to Jabo Direct 3D6 1.5.2 with Force Normal Blending on for Yoshi Story (U)
12.MegaMan 64 (U) beginning screen with the sky can be fixed with Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder. Once you start a new game, switch back to Jabo Direct 3D8, as Glide64 slows down quite considerably in alot of the realtime movies.
13 and 14.I mentioned a fix for this problem in F1 World Gran Prix 2 here- http://www.emutalk.net/project64/27...pj64-game-compatibility-please-beta13-32.html
15.Monster Truck Madness 64 is pretty fast and the glitches are pretty much gone if you use Glide 64 v.0.8.
16 and 17.Hydro Thunder has already been addressed, check the new gamefaq of PJ64. I also mentioned how to fix the water problem about 4 posts ago, just incase you didn't see it.
18.Carmageddon is another strange game that gets fixed by using...
Jabo D3D 7 plugin. If you don't have that plugin, use Rice 6.1.1 beta 6
(Open GL selection).
19. Have no clue of why Command and Conquer(U) is having probs...
20.BattleZone(U) seems to not get any of the problems you are mentioning. Maybe you need to update your gfx driver?
21.You can use Jabo DirectSound plugin but you can only have music.Turn off the voices/effects in-game of World is not Enough (U) and enable subtitles so you don't miss anything.
22.Try Jabo D3D 6 1.5.2 plugin, health bars are instantly fixed on Fighters Destiny 2 (U).
23.Kirby 64 (U) has already been addressed in PJ64's GameFaq. Try 1964...

Oh and Speedfreak69, your fix of Indy Racing 2000(U) [!] is by using Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder ;)...

Last edited:

toe_head2001

California Speed (U) [!], errors

With default video plugin (errors)
californiaspeedusnap00000xh.jpg

What it should look like:

screen000pm.jpg

Speedfreak69

Pokemon Puzzle League (E)[!] and (U)[!] on the how to play screen the background keeps jumping and glitchy speech bubble
In full screen mode the first screen (pokemon ball) and title screen and the movies only take up 1/4 of the screen
During game green lines around everything and when you complete the game the last screen is messed up

toe_head2001 said:
California Speed (U) [!], errors

With default video plugin (errors)
californiaspeedusnap00000xh.jpg

What it should look like:

screen000pm.jpg

no problem for me on default settings

Off Road Challenge (E) [!] and (U) [!] bit of clipping going on down the bottom of the screen

International Track and Field 2000 (U) [!] and Summer Games (E) [!] game only takes up 1/4 of the screen

Starshot - Space Circus Fever (E) [!] and (U) [!] at the start of the game with the two robots going down the tunnel the back of them is glitched (pics below them are correct) and when you start a game let the intro run through and when the missile bounces off the mans head an Access Violation will appear

da1writer

1.Pokemon Puzzle League(U) green line problem can be fixed by the default plugin have "Force Alpha Rendering" on.
2.Offroad Challenge(U), grab Rice 6.1.1 beta 6 (Open GL option)
3.International Track and Field 2000(U), use Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder to fix everything. 1964 is recommended for great gamplay speed...
4.Starshot (U) can be fixed by switching to Geico....i mean Rice 6.1.1 beta 6 (Direct X Option).

Since no one is posting any more problems and I guess I'll post a few of my own
Milo's Astro Lanes (U) has 2 problems using the default plugins, I'll show them to you with the fix:
Picture 1.When selecting your ball with the default plugin...
Picture 2.Enable fix by Use Direct3D transformation pipeline in the gfx plugin.
Picture 3.And what's up with the score card (after and before you bowl), this (below) flashes across the screen for a moment...
Picture 4.which can be fixed by using Rice 6.1.1 beta 6/ Open GL option (The 2 problems i mentioned are resolved with this plugin overall)

Here's bug ... I mean problem in Bugs Life (U) using the default plugins:
Picture 1.Items are appearing through the stage's backgrounds...
Picture 2. Enable "Use Direct3D transformation pipeline".
Picture's 3 and 4.Look at the flick Icon (his head actually), what's wrong with it.
This appears before and after you enable "Use Direct3D transformation pipeline".

Cruis'n Exotica (U) has some square problem (not suppose to be there) on the default plugin (Pictures 1 and 3).
Easily is fixed by using Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder (Pictures 2 and 4).

John Romero's Daikatana (U), can't be in high resolution (8 mb) with the default plugins as you can see (Picture 1).
I'm using Glide64 v.0.8 so I can play in high resolution (Picture 2):happy:!

That's strange... there are 3 games i have found so far that are alot of fun but don't have.. CHEAT CODES! I'm wondering if you guys will implement them if I mention the titles:
1.Mortal Kombat: Mythologies- Subzero (U)
2.Razor Freestyle Scooter (U)
3.Rakuga Kids (E) {Think of Parapa the Rappa but they are... fighting! Currently I'm playing this and it's my favorite (^ ^)}

I remeber reading that Rush 2 (U) had a weird bug in the intro (Pictures 1 and 2). I'm using Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder to resolve the issue somewhat.. check it out (Pictures 3 and 4):

SCARS (U) have weapons being seen through the vehicles (using default plugins, picture 1).
Fixed by using Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder (Picture 2).

San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing (U) had some missing graphics when picking your car with the default plugins (see picture 1).
This is also mentioned in the gamefaq... I just found an alternate answer, that's all.
It was all fixed when I switched to Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder (Picture 2).

Spacestation Silicon Valley (U) has various errors in the default gfx plugin (picture 1).
They are all fixed by... yeah, you guessed it... Glide64 v.0.8 Wonder (Picture 2).
Well...that's it for me for tonight... I'm hitting the sac:yawn: ...

Star Wars Episode 1 :Racers still can't have the expansion pak enabled or you will get screens like this still...

Speedfreak69

Super Robots Spirits (J) [!] on the options screen the box around the options is glitched (picture below it is correct) and on the screen where you choose your person the characters are all flashing and the box around the characters is glitched and the flames in the background are not correct aswell (picture is correct one)then after that the screen goes blank but music still plays (just keep pressing start or the a button) then the robot sequence comes up then after that the screen goes blank but music still plays (just keep pressing start or the a button) and during the game pink outline around the word episode 1

Shadowgate 64 - Trials of the Four Towers (E) [!] and (U) [!] when you choose new game on the next screen the movie starts to go really slow

Mission Impossible (E) [!] and (U) [!] the bin on the right hand side in the intro is glitched (pic below is correct)