What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah those J versions of known U/E game issues.. no need to post pics again, just a note will do (although the first is Dark Rift is already covered?)

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

I have tested so many i forget ,I am going by the RDB and if it say compatible i test it out :)

Star Wars - Shadow of the Empire (E) [!] and (U) [!] and (J) [!] during the intro on the first screen you can see bit of the planet and spaceship down the very bottom of the screen (you can see it better when the demo is running) and in the (U) and (J) versions in the intro part of the space ship is missing (the bottom pic is the (E) version which is correct)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (J) [!] glitches everywhere in this game

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedfreak69

Micro Machines 64 Turbo (U)[!] and (E) (M5) [!] lots of glitchy screens during options screens and start of races and slows down on some options screens and during gameplay sometimes on the (U) version not the (E) version

Rugrats - Scavenger Hunt (U) [!] and Treasure Hunt (E) [!] glitchy line up top left hand corner ( i have only posted a few shots)

Techman

Nolifer
Speedfreak69 said:
Rugrats - Scavenger Hunt (U) [!] and Treasure Hunt (E) [!] glitchy line up top left hand corner ( i have only posted a few shots)

Are you even allowed to post glitches that small? o_o If so I have plenty.

Neat Hedgehog

Extreme G XG2 seems to have some serious CPU needs. It's most noticable in map Canous, when you're going through the Lower Village map varient, or Mountain Pass. Although the framerate still says 60fps throughout the whole race, it slows down to a slide show on any of my PC's under an Athlon 3200+ XP or equivilant, and even then it has a little trouble. Tried changing my settings (CF, Advanced GFX options, dropping down to preformance setting) but it didn't help.

This may have been already documented, but I searched the thread and FAQ, and nothing mentioned it, so I posted.

Also, when I run Micro Machines 64, I experiance no slow downs or graphics glitches at all. It plays perfectly for me.

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Techman said:

you risk a severe beating ;) i'll tell you i don't even report things that small, because there's no chance Jabo will look at them as a specific issue... sorry!

Allnatural

Neat Hedgehog said:
Extreme G XG2 seems to have some serious CPU needs. It's most noticable in map Canous, when you're going through the Lower Village map varient, or Mountain Pass. Although the framerate still says 60fps throughout the whole race, it slows down to a slide show on any of my PC's under an Athlon 3200+ XP or equivilant, and even then it has a little trouble. Tried changing my settings (CF, Advanced GFX options, dropping down to preformance setting) but it didn't help.
If the VI/s remain constant, it's not a problem with your system. Go back and read some of the reviews from the time of its release. XG2 was roundly criticized for its crippling slowdown.

Neat Hedgehog

I'm aware of the normal slow down that occurs even on a real N64. However, I was talking about the horrible slow down that you get on anything that under a 3200+. I mean about 1 frame every two or three seconds. Having a fast computer eleminates this down to its "normal" framerate trouble.

Fad3d

C&C

Command & Conquer (U) [!] seems to have a few issues with the videos, in-game seems to run fine.
Does not detect expansion pack.

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Techman said:

I only posted this as there are another couple of bugs i havent added on to it yet :p
And a glitch is a glitch no matter how small so if it doesnt get fixed hey no problem to me just trying to help out

Milo's Astro Lanes (E) [!] and (U) [!] scorecard flashes up twice first time it is glitchy (should be only once) and when the ball up in the top left hand corner starts to move off screen a thick line appears on the left hand side

Duke Nukem 64 (E) [!] and (U) [!] objects can be seen thru others (priority problem)

Duke Nukem Zero Hour (U)[!] in the game FAQ it says Region issue does anybody know what the problem is ????

Clements

The (U) version of Duke Nukem - Zero Hour freezes after you finish the first section. I played around with a lot of settings and nothing fixed it. (1964 works fine with it).

Speedfreak69

In Excitebike 64 (E) [!] i ticked the cheat Unlock Original Excitebike and then reset the game but the original is not unlocked is this a problem with the cheat or emulator ???

Clements said:
The (U) version of Duke Nukem - Zero Hour freezes after you finish the first section. I played around with a lot of settings and nothing fixed it. (1964 works fine with it).

Ok thanks for that

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there's enough sucking of male appendages going on in this thread.

Nekokabu said:
Doubutsu no Mori (J) on play Famicom(NES) Games.
its unable to detect microcode error.

can we have a state for this please.?
edit: n/m apparently we have them.

Neat Hedgehog said:
I'm aware of the normal slow down that occurs even on a real N64. However, I was talking about the horrible slow down that you get on anything that under a 3200+. I mean about 1 frame every two or three seconds. Having a fast computer eleminates this down to its "normal" framerate trouble.

i believe there's an issue, but what you've said can't be right.
please post your full system specs.

Speedfreak69

Bomberman Hero (E)[!] and (J)[!] and (U)[!] lines on the stage select pictures and priority problem with the crystal (second pic is when you get close to the crystal the door appears) save state included (area 1 secret room)

Bass Tsuri No. 1 - Shigesato Itoi's Bass Fishing (J) [!] when you walk around or in the boat part of a box is on the left hand side and when you cast out an Access Violation comes up (save state included just cast out )

Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards (E) [!] and (U) [!] and (J) [!] during the intro or cutscenes when you switch from windowed mode to full screen or vicesaversa the border disappears (it will appear at the next cut scene)

Army Men - Sarge's Heroes (E) (M3) [!] go to options and change resolution to high and when you start the game the next screen dont take up the full screen (doesnt happen in the (U) version)

Army Men - Air Combat (U) [!] in two player - four player mode or from level 2 onwards the missile is glitchy (the bottom picture is how it is supposed to look)

Bassmasters 2000 (U) [!] on the Create Angler screen the textures are missing from the person and dont tick Sync game to Audio or the game will freeze up

Blast Corps (E) [!] and (U) [!] and Blast Dozer (J) [!] on the map the vehicles are all glitched and on later levels the bulldozer has a black square around it

Speedfreak69

Carmageddon 64 (E) [!] and (U) [!] on the main menu the trophy is supposed to be gold and go to options and music and SFX volumes are missing the blue bar (correct pics down the bottom)

Lode Runner 3-D (E) (M5) [!] and (U) [!] go to the options screen during gameplay and you cannot see which option is highlighted and when you are supposed to press the fire key down in the bottom right hand corner the icon has a grey line coming off of it and in the (U) version the icons up the top are supposed to disappear but the stay on the screen (works properly in the (E) version) and on the (E) version on the title screen the options are invisible (you can here the cursor move up and down when you move it) (doesnt happen in the (U) version)