What's new

Question about making my own DC ISO's..

Ev4b3vA

Sushi-Eater
Hi I've looked through the FAQ on the forum and can't seem to find the correct answer to this.. I have a Japanese Dreamcast and a load of original GD-ROM games. What do I need to dump these onto my PC or isn't it that simple?

Thanks!

smcd

Not really the purpose of this forum, sorry. You'll need a dreamcast and a way to connect it to your PC, and some help (google?) Don't really think I should say more.

life_247

Why shouldn't we give help to those whishing to use the emulator legally?? This is only of use to those who own thier own games.

There is a topic here about dumping via a normal CD-rom drive. But it requires either lan/Broadband adaptor or a coders serial cable (S l ow)

STC-Fan

Dollop.
I for one would be interested to know just how many of the games tested in that "Chankast compatibility list" topic were obtained legitimately... not that I'm saying they weren't, but it would be interesting... wouldn't it? =P (No, it wouldn't. --Ed)

But anyway... life_247 is pretty much spot on. There is no other way to dump GD-ROMs, period. (Well, you can also dump them via the GD-ROM drive on a DC dev. station, but let's face it, who's going to the trouble of getting one of those? The price they go for on eBay, you could buy multiple BBA/LAN adapters =P).

There is also the swap trick you can use to dump GD-ROMs via a CD/DVD drive, of which there is a link to in my sig. Worth a try, but as someone who finds it hard to write things in plain, short-sentenced English, it's not for everyone. But, it is much cheaper - that is, if you have any CD/DVD drives to start with, that can rip them. If they can't, then that is where the drive buying spree begins! (By which I mean, you give up and go and buy a BBA. =P)

OP
Ev4b3vA

Ev4b3vA

Sushi-Eater
Cheers!

I took a bit of time to read through the thread about the ripping GD-ROM with a normal CD-ROM drive but like you said probably BBA is best route to follow. :p

Can you point me in the direction of what I actually need hardware and software-wise? (For DC and PC) Many thanks.

Eva