What's new

SSBM Guide - how to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Ok, I'm sorry to have to make a new thread for that, but since lots of people are having problems and that parts of the way to make it work are a bit everywhere, I will make a detailled guide in the first post for both the US and the EUR versions by using the released Dolwin Version 0.10 from the Dolwin Site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHECK LIST FOR THE US Version (in order):
[]--- Have the Super Smash Bros. Melee game ID GALE74
[]--- Have downloaded and installed the GALE74.patch in the dolwin /data/ folder from HERE
[]--- Have downloaded and installed the GALE74.map in the dolwin /data/ folder from HERE
[]--- Added the following lines in your GAMES.INI in the dolwin /data/ folder:
Code:
[GALE74]
alttitle=Super Smash Brothers Melee (USA)
comment=Playable with patch
cf      = 8
delay   = 3
bailout = 2
//arenaLo = 0x80403100
//arenaHi = 0x81600000
//loadrun = data\SSBM.s
//lnfo    =
[]--- You are using the ported DOLPHIN video plugin for Dolwin from HERE, installed in the dolwin /plugins/ folder and it's the plugin selected in the video plugin configuration
[]--- You have all the 4 controllers ENABLED in the input plugin configuration
END

CHECK LIST FOR THE EUR Version (in order):
[]--- Have the Super Smash Bros. Melee game ID GALP36
[]--- Have downloaded and installed the GALP36.patch in the dolwin /data/ folder from HERE
[]--- Add the following lines in your GAMES.INI in the dolwin /data/ folder:
Code:
[GALP36]
alttitle=Super Smash Brothers Melee (EUR)
comment=Playable with patch
cf      = 8
delay   = 3
bailout = 2
//arenaLo = 0x80403100
//arenaHi = 0x81600000
//loadrun = data\SSBM.s
//lnfo    =
[]--- You are using the ported DOLPHIN video plugin for Dolwin from HERE, installed in the dolwin /plugins/ folder and it's the plugin selected in the video plugin configuration
END

If it doesn't work and you have PERFECTLY followed the check list, I dunno.

Last edited:

emuexpert

Wow Knux! Finally got it to work! Thanks to you ^^ You are the Best!
Haha Guess I am the one that made you post these from the IRC haha
I'm sure this will be a great help!

cybernick01

What about the pal version?
Or is there a Pal version at least? Because, I think that's the one I'm downloading...xS

ManiacPC

.: ManiacPC :.
Still nothing (...)

Hey guys!

I'd downloaded different versions from the smash brothers rom... Pal and Usa version...

Then i follow the patch steps. (for each version rom, the map and game.ini instructions).

I'm using the desired video plugin

I had installed directx 9.0c

And still nothing :plain:

I'm still getting Gecko errors. (Tested in two pc's).

it doesn't work for me, even with a radeon 9250, 1 gb ram, amd athlon 64 2800+... What should i do?

Opfer

Ok, first of all: Thanks for this guide, great work.

But there are a few things:

1. I got the PAL version of SSBM and I had to plug all the controllers to get it working, so you may want to include that for the PAL version, too.

2. The "hardware bailout" value given in the "games.ini" doesn't have any effect. I had to set it in "Options->Settings...", otherwise the game would crash without changing the language.

3. Setting the hardware bailout to 3 gave me even more stability, when it was set to 2, it crashed occasionally.

4. I'm getting a few graphics glitches, for example in the menu, see attachment (weird green background behind the text "Main Menu". Now, the weird thing is, that these glitches aren't in your video (from the other SSBM thread). It can't be my hardware, too since the game looks perfect in Dolphin. I'm using the Dolphin ported video plugin. So perhaps you know what's causing this.

But all in all, the patch works fine, thanks for everything.

Gialan

4. I'm getting a few graphics glitches, for example in the menu, see attachment (weird green background behind the text "Main Menu". Now, the weird thing is, that these glitches aren't in your video (from the other SSBM thread). It can't be my hardware, too since the game looks perfect in Dolphin. I'm using the Dolphin ported video plugin. So perhaps you know what's causing this.
I think you need uncheck the "MMX/SSE" in Graphics and it will work.

Gialan

I follow all the steps, but I only get the gekko error! Can somebody help me?
Start > Run > regedit.Find and delete Dolwin Registry,then download Dolwin 0.10 bin,source,patch and map again.I hope it will work.:)

Opfer

That's normal, try messing with the hardware bailout setting in Options>Settings, that should get your rid of *most* crashes...

sin free killer

hi i like everybody else cant seem to get ssbm (USA) to work now i followd all the advice given i this forum and got as far as choosing a carecter but then i froze and i couldent get any further so i reopend it and i came up with the gekko error and now i cant get rid of it.

Gialan said:
Start > Run > regedit.Find and delete Dolwin Registry,then download Dolwin 0.10 bin,source,patch and map again.I hope it will work.:)

wereabouts am i meant to look in the regestry? its a big regestry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.