What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Thread resurrection: Remodel Zelda

Shibb

The Peoples Champ
Clements said:
The Xbox comment sort of explains all your other comments. You come off as an Xbox fanboy and never followed or understood the Zelda series at all.
talk about arrogance, respect for hardware means im an xbox fanboy? and that i dont understand the zelda series, give me a break, thats a hypocritical statement and uncalled for thx. Because i hold a view that differs from yours and i objectively state it, you go for a low blow? I personally believe i prolly know more about zelda, and just because im well intune with moding, and dashboard modifying and creating on the xbox that some how means i know less than you about a game, hardly. I dont respect nintendo notice all their games they now aim at an age group that no longer plays those games their are only 3 games on gc atm that i even enjoy, but im not sure how that makes me less of a zelda fan ( no logic behind the statement). I was simply trying to imply nintendo needs to get on that ball notice how much market share they lost in the past 3 years. (it is only recently going up due to the fact their is an under supply of xbox and ps2) but thank you for that comment :ala:

edit :
IGNcube: Nintendo's console market share has continued to drop over the last 10 years.

also you may all be taking me wrong on this im talking realism in that of physics, and his apperance.Link need not look cartoony like he does from the screens ive seen, he needs to get back to the look of oot when links an adult or even the fierce diety mask which is a model of adult link from oot (with texture mods) that is precisely what i meant, look at how the models appear to be rendered, its like partial cell anime, i frankly think its annoying, but who knows

Last edited:

Mireneye

Realistic... *thinks* aah... Like this?

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=71582&highlight=link+Zelda

EEK, god no!, why ? beacuse, where did links character run off to!... He has no link characters... Haha, almost like a decent cosplayer. But Some cosplayers even do better. No, Link is and should be a stylished character 4 Ever!... Btw, what they mean with realitic is realitic in comparison to WW, and previous games. And they may have realistic graphics... That does'nt mean the scenery and characters can be stylished and realitic looking.

Cheers

Clements

Shibb: Well, if you like the Xbox, fine. But by posting in a thread like this championing the Xbox and slating the GC you are just offending a lot of people, me included.

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I personally don't understand why everyone hates The Wind Waker Game just because the graphics are cartoony. The reason behind the cartoon look is because Link is a child and he sees the world as cartoony which some children don't see the world as how real it looks until you get older. Things look larger and more colorful as a child compared to an adult and that is what the creator was going for when making this game. As for the new Zelda that is coming out you can see it's darker and more realistic that being Link is an adult in the game. Also having super realistic looking Link doesn't fit in with the concept of link being a fantasy type character, he does have elf type ears. I personally loved every Zelda game I've played, even Zelda II for the nes had some good points to it, it was different from the others but kept some of the original ideas. I also don't feel that the Gamecube is just geared towards children, they have a lot of adult games, Metroid series, Resident Evil series just to name a few. It's not Nintendo's fault that all their top mascot games are mostly played by children, also most of those mascot games were played when we were children.

Shibb

The Peoples Champ
ok clements fair enough ill leave my personal problems with the gamecube out of this thread... but i feel that pic you found mire was good excluding the entire head face, ears ect and that he needs more of a robe for the body, im ok with the non realistic face, but interms of the body i love it
Link_wip_02_b_big.jpg

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
That is freakin sweet!!! :drool: Other than the head it looks positively perfect! IMO that ultra-realistic head looks like it came straight out of StarTrek not a Nintendo game. We need to find middle ground; take for example "The Incredibles". There is alot of realism, but just enough 'artistist character' to give it a flavor. The fact is link isn't link without his oversized eyes and magic sword. How can LOZ ever be realistic when when it is a land filled with magic oceranas and fairies? We all have a slighly different view of what link sould look like.

Last edited:
OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Mojo Man!!! said:
Keep up the good work, Shibb!

Ok, just to get one thing straight...just because someone posts a pic of something, doesn't mean they created it really. Shibb was just using that as an example and so was Mireneye. It was acually made by a CGTalk member by the name of Carny (unless Mireneye has changed his name on there since the last time I was on there looking at his work). Please, people, read the words before you look at the pretty pictures. If you still wanna do that, read a childrens book.

Sorry, I just can't stand people giving credit where it is not due. Mireneye, I can't wait to see your take on a link model.

Toasty

Sony battery
I agree that Link shouldn't be completely realistic - I think I'd rather play WW than a Zelda game with the Link head in the pics above - no offense to the artist, in other places that type of modeling would be excellent, but that is *not* Link's face.

But, I also think that Link shouldn't be completely unrealistic. A properly proportioned body, detailed environments and realistic coloring definitely make the game more engrossing for me anyway.

ragnor

I think the idea was that the head will be remodeled. if you checked the threadlink... it's a placeholder for now. Anyway, it was an awesome example of a remodel. thx to whoever posted the link to that thread

Mireneye

Im actually working on my Link model. Ive finnaly bagan finalizing my studies on how you archive his character. And also reviewed what I did wrong.

Cheers

ragnor

Read this on IGN, thought I'd add it in here. I liked what it said, because it summed up OOT for me:
"When he speaks, there is a phrase that Mr. Miyamoto always mentions that speaks directly to the very nature of the Zelda series. The phrase is, 'Zelda is a game that values reality over realism.' In the art world, realism is a movement to faithfully replicate the real world to whatever extent possible. Reality is not mimicking the real world, but rather making players feel like what they are experiencing is real. The big difference is that even exaggerated expression through toon-shading can be an effective means of making things feel more real."

from this article:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/501/501970p1.html

Mireneye

I think im finnaly sucseeding to get the Link model to loook closer to Link then Mido.. However, there are still things... Its hard when im tryin to model the eyes and Mouth to match the ones from normal Lil link or *grown up link*

Well here is my progress:
551e69

CoffeeandTV

hacking the gibson
Kerber2k said:
The game looks great...return to the anime styling of OOT. Realistic looking Zelda is the dumbest idea since Tingle. Perhaps Tom Clancy should make a LoZ where you sneak around in the shadows, climbing up vines, and breaking royal gaurds necks. Please god leave Zelda as it is anime\arcade game with puzzles, and a storyline that keeps me and other zelda fans playing till the end. Wether it be slightly more mature than usual or the less popular cartoon cel shaded.

Anime is the bastard son of a Japanese batchelor and saturday morning cartoons. Please, for God's sake, get away from the idea that Zelda is anime. I'm not saying that all anime is bad, but that which we consider anime these days IS. Any show where girls wear school uniforms + oversized pupils + dementedly over-stylized emotions + cheap animation (Anime) is terrible. Period. The only "Anime" that I have enjoyed lately are Ghost in the Shell, The Animatrix, and Paranoia Agent. I enjoy realism in my cartoons, not immature insanity.

/rant

Kerber2k

CoffeeandTV said:
Anime is the bastard son of a Japanese batchelor and saturday morning cartoons. Please, for God's sake, get away from the idea that Zelda is anime. I'm not saying that all anime is bad, but that which we consider anime these days IS. Any show where girls wear school uniforms + oversized pupils + dementedly over-stylized emotions + cheap animation (Anime) is terrible. Period. The only "Anime" that I have enjoyed lately are Ghost in the Shell, The Animatrix, and Paranoia Agent. I enjoy realism in my cartoons, not immature insanity.

/rant

I hate to break it to ya sunny jim but the artist/artists for ALL Zelda games have been Japenese...not only that but the art form most of their games have, and will always be ANIME. Eiji Aonuma Artist behind the classic OOT uses anime art styles...and hes the one behind the new game Twilight...BTW its still ANIME. Lets not forget kiddies that Zelda is a japenese franchise, and always will be. Let us not forget the Phillips CDI Zelda.......the horror...

Last edited:

Mireneye

One notice... saying the *anime style* in itself is wrongt since anime is *Japanimation* And games can't really inherit a Anime style in the same fashion as anime series. Cel-Shaded is the closest. The style they do however inherit is a charictature style which is similar to anime in many ways beacuse artists themselves sees that style to easy to follow and adapt to, and you dont need to concider anathomy just as much as with real bodies.

I believe you above watched to small amount of anime... Im up to about 50 series that ive seen and finished. And I think you got it all wrong!. But Kerber, i also think as previously stated that its not really anime. Beacuse literally its impossible ;)

Cheers

Kerber2k

Seriously now Ive discussed this with some of my closest Zelda fans and they understand what I mean when I say "anime" style. Japan has a style of wich they all closely follow...and no not necissarily all big eyes and wierd hair. This is sterotypicall yes true...but lets think of it this way Zelda was born in japan....the artist grew up in japan probably watched alot of anime when he was younger. He bases most of his art style off what he saw growing up. Granted he puts his own twist on his artwork, but who doesnt really. IMO the art for Zelda is anime simply because thats the way I see it. I can literally see the japenese style to it. I love his art this isnt a matter of that. If you dont call it Anime what do you want to call it "Japan art style" thats just too damn long to type....

-Peace im out.

Kerber2k

Mireneye said:
I think im finnaly sucseeding to get the Link model to loook closer to Link then Mido.. However, there are still things... Its hard when im tryin to model the eyes and Mouth to match the ones from normal Lil link or *grown up link*

Well here is my progress:
551e69

I see your modeling talent....but mabey put it to practical use, and re-render the 2d scenes in OOT. I say this because I dont see a plugin for N64 games that will import models...or did I? Oh well I didnt see one practically being used in a thread where they were re-modeling zelda not to diss this thread.
Im sick of discussing things completly un-related with this thread other than having to do with Zelda so lets start modeling somthing we can use now guys!