What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
OMG, hallelujah :pj64:
Both rice's video and direct64 works with project now, and i can use jabo's too. It means that i can start using project64 again:D... omg here comes the tears

And i must say good work with the framebuffer by Jabo

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Wow, I haven't used a Nintendo 64 emulator in ages. I'm still reminding myself of how much Super Mario 64 kicks ass.

Knuckles

wow, I really wasn't expecting that... I saw that in the topic on #ngemu last night before going to sleep "PJ1.6 or something" , didn't take too much attention, "could be an april fool". But when I saw it on emu64 too, well :p

Rice

Emulator Developer
I saw one relatively important problem, probably not new:

Project64 calls the RomClosed() function not in the emulation thread, and causes OpenGL video plugins cannot clean up and close, and leads to possible crash in the plugin or system crash in Windows 98/ME.

sb_nac0

great release :D ...ive noticed PJ64 runs a lot more smoothly on my comp now throughout..not to mention all the fixes...overall a somewhat sexier Project64 :p zilmar and jabo and everyone else involved should give themselves a nice pat on the back on this one ;)

Burnpro

Supar ***
FAR said:
Paper Mario works perfectly (no flickering at all!), except that when the "prologue" kind of screens come in (at the beginning of the chapters) the background is black, and the "prologue" text is wierd.

i was having a hard time playing that game with 1.5 .. 1.6 seems a bit more playable than before

thanks for the release Jabo!!

vicks

Yes ! At last ! The best N64 emu in new version. But I have one question - why the language files are not updated (e.g. polish file) ?

fragiskos

You guys are really amazing!
I did not use Project64 fo a long time now, but this new version is sensational! Almost any game, that I have tested until now, works flawless!

"...better than Kings: GODS!"

olivieryuyu

Rice said:
I saw one relatively important problem, probably not new:

Project64 calls the RomClosed() function not in the emulation thread, and causes OpenGL video plugins cannot clean up and close, and leads to possible crash in the plugin or system crash in Windows 98/ME.

i'm under windows 2000 and with glide64 with hacktarux wrapper (in opengl) it crashes when i close the emulation

so something is broken !!!

BTW: the tweaks of the rsp caused a big bug in Rogue Squadron: in interpreter it's ok but now (it was working with v 1.5) in compiler the sound is extremely bad (whistling)

Thanks !!!

Trotterwatch

i'm under windows 2000 and with glide64 with hacktarux wrapper (in opengl) it crashes when i close the emulation

so something is broken !!!

Rice posted what earlier, go check back thru some posts.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
DK64 is almost bloody perfect, apart from the Tris which is well known about, it is tolerable though, Schibo figured out how to solve that ages ago too.

The Number pads in DK64 are supposed to be transparent until stepped on. (jabo video plugin bug)

See attached pic: (always non-transparent) not a new bug either.

Still, it's very impressive work and is far the best DK64 emulator.

I rate DK64 in PJ64 1.6 98%, 2% out because of two small minor problems.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Think you may need to enable the legacy combiner in the options > don't think the D3D8 works on non pixel shader enabled cards.

NOTE
Please English only to be used on these boards

Talas

Son of the Sky
Great Work people! Thumbs up and thank you for sharing all this with everyone else here.