What's new

People with problems running 1.6 please read here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
I have noticed a recuring problem in this forum recently especially after the release of 1.6. Alot of people are saying they are having problems like nothing showing up, lockups and the most common, games running to slow like 30fps.

There is an answer! GET A NEW GRAPHICS CARD.

Most of the people that are having problems are saying they have ancient cards that are either something like a Saveage Pro DDR or an onboard card.

Come on! If you want to run the emulator like i do you really need a better card than that. I have two systems. One is my sig and the other is a 2.4 AMD with a 5200 FX Nvidia card. That would do you at full speed emulation. You can pick up a 5200 for about 20-40 quid now.

I think instead of you all constantly saying your having problems why dont you just accept your graphics card is shite and buy a new one, its not much cash!

Some people say it does not matter what card you have. I beg to differ. It does not after this release.

You also need a fairly good CPU to. My 2.4 Athlon AMD is more than enough to get all these games running at 60fps. You can pick these up for about £40!

So get upgrading and stop writing useless posts about getting problems cause now you know why. Very old hardware (especially the gfx card) is not enough. UPGRADE.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This thread is not helpful at all... we're not in the business of telling people what to buy for their systems. People don't all have the knowledge or money in order to "upgrade" their systems.

I find this topic irrelevant. I don't even think this is such a big problem... what do you expect... people will ask regardless.

There is ALWAYS alternatives to the default plugins that people can use, if you had listed such things I wouldn't have felt this way.

Such as Glide64+evoodoo. or the old jabo video plugins.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I agree with ScottJC here; My wife has Hercules Prophet MX GF2 and a Intel 933 CPU and emulation has never bothered her and PJ64 runs fine for her so i guess i comes down to how you configure and maintain your computer.......

I suggest anyone having problems with your GF2 cards go to the manufactures web site and download their Drivers for your card. My wife is on the latest Hercules Drivers for her card and trust me her OOT grass conkers and various other games run superb for her. In fact the only games she does have a problem when using D3D8 are All Tony Hawks and Quake II and that's easily Resolved by using D3D6 1.5.2

Gent

Administrator
HShadow said:
Well, its a good job i dont care what you think init!

I care so have some respect for other members and this board thank you

jamesyfx

I don't have a good graphics card, but I know it's possible to play N64 games with it, as they only use 22MB of graphics Memory as far as I'm aware.

OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
I care for other people i just did not care for his tone or what he wrote. It would save a lot of hassle if people did not constantly write the same thing over and over about the same problems because they have terrible cards.

As for it not being helpfull i beg to differ, although i should have mentioned about other plugins granted.

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
HShadow said:
I care for other people i just did not care for his tone or what he wrote. It would save a lot of hassle if people did not constantly write the same thing over and over about the same problems because they have terrible cards.

As for it not being helpfull i beg to differ, although i should have mentioned about other plugins granted.

I also Beg to differ and as you still havnt bowed to experience i will close this pointless thread. Please think before you post next time

RadeonUser

Just to clarify things a bit here, HShadow *does* have a point but it was done in a very rude and disrespectful fashion. Still, I am thinking of starting a thread that specifically deals with trying to get nvidia users on the older drivers from nvidia as they seem to help.

For clarification, Gent's wife is on these drivers.

Windows XP/2000
Version: 40.41
File Size: 9 MB
Release Date: August 29, 2002
WHQL Certification Pending

She does experience a few problems however, so perhaps trying out newer drivers *may* help in that situation. Do not stray from the 40s though, as the 50s and above tend to be problem causers. Still, the D3D6 plugin was included for this very reason :)

Status
Not open for further replies.