What's new

Direct64 v0.5.03.25

new_profile

Hi,
It's always a pleasure to see a plugin from Orkin.
I've just played with Zelda OOT and I found that there is
too many slow down within the game especially (in desert clossus :) ).
I've also find that Link is not always correctly displayed within the submenu.
Sometimes it is missing some part. I also find this strange bug ;)

Keep us the great job and a lot of thanks.

( Config : NVidia FX5200 with the latest driver and Dx9 on XP SP2)

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Do nVidia cards in general suffer from these graphical problems? If that's the case, then dang. But would even a GeForce 6600 GT (or whatever the new PCI Express cards are called) still have these issues?

Gladiac0190

Clements said:
Yes. All NVIDIA cards will be affected since they all use the same drivers.
No since mine just works fine with orkins plug... screenshots or do you guys just believe me?
//edit...

Last edited:

amano

Gladiac: Yes, all Nvidias do because we DO NOT speak of Zelda problems.

Zelda works for me as well. Try the games above, especially Diddy Kong Racing!

If you had read the thread carefully then you would have noticed that there is indeed a small Zelda problem with the new plugin. It is missing fog. But this is a general problem (not related to the nvidia issue).

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
try f-zerox, wave race, ridge racer 64, 1080 snowboarding
And in zelda, missing fog.
Using 71.84 drivers (the best for my 5200 at the moment)

Last edited:
OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
New release out. Go to the first post to get v0.5.03.25. Hopefully this will fix the depth issues on nVidia cards...let me know either way.

btw, is it possible to change the thread title?

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Orkin said:
New release out. Go to the first post to get v0.5.03.25. Hopefully this will fix the depth issues on nVidia cards...let me know either way.

btw, is it possible to change the thread title?
Nice one! Yes it is now, I made you moderator, how's that for a forced moderator status? ;) I also assigned you as moderator to this forum.

To change the thread title, simply use the "Thread Tools" dropdown above the first post.

Welcome to the moderator team. :)

amano

No Orkin! Thanks from us to YOU!

;)

Just a quick test:

Wave Race and Diddy Kong Racing are perfect now and Fog is back in Zelda: Great work.

Last edited:

dragon_rider

&#31169;&#12399;&#31452;&#12364;&#22909;&#12365;&#
The depth issues have been solved! Heheheh. Congrats, Orkin! One question though (to anyone on the forums right now), should the speed on almost all games be less than 53 FPS? Is my videocard unable to process the graphics for the pluign effeciently, or what? I find this rather irritating. (Great plugin, though!)

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
WOW! Nice work orkin ;)
Fog is working for me in all games I tested now... in Extreme-g the texture bug is solved (big thx)!
but there is a new bug in this game: Primary framebuffer is working very well in the intro (nice!!), but if I start the first race (or the first demo is running) it is looking like this:

Last edited:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Hey! We can see Conker's eyes now! The Rareware logo also shows up correctly. Nice to see some progess. I might post a screenie later.

Jokke_r

I had some problems in the previous version dunno if they are fixed in the newer one, but in majoras mask, all the widescreen black edges where flashing througout the game and the sky in the mountain village area was also flashing, fog was gone too but i heard you fixed it, can someone post ideal settings to use with this plugin, what settings should i use in the plugins config and what other settings should i experiment with in the ATi Control Panel ( i have Radeon 9800 Pro with 5.3 drivers and Control Panel (not Control Center))

i just want to know the settings to use to get least amount of glitches and best performance, i mostly play Ocarina of time and majoras mask,

edit: Also taking pictures with the Camera always results in a blank black image, i think this also makes it impossible to win the pictograph contest cos the guy won't let me have the prize even if i have a perfect photo of the deku king.

Also the flashback with zelda when you get the ocarina in majoras mask is also not displayed correctly, you can't make out the figures cos every figure is sort "striped" like someone had applied a striped alpha layer on top of them, Also the Nintendo text in the nintendo logo at the beginning of the game appears also in this stiped look although it doesn't look like that on my N64.

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
nice :) the deph problems are gone!

I see a little issue in f-zerox, the arrows in the track are "transparent" i can´t see them

dragon_rider

&#31169;&#12399;&#31452;&#12364;&#22909;&#12365;&#
That happens with me, too. But, does anyone know of the inexplicible slowness in all games AT 640x480 resolution!? PLEASE, SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING REGARDING THIS.

Clements

dragon_rider said:
But, does anyone know of the inexplicible slowness in all games AT 640x480 resolution!? PLEASE, SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING REGARDING THIS.

Direct64 makes use of Pixel Shaders, inc. DirectX 9.0 Pixel Shaders, and is a very gpu demanding plugin.

On my old o/c'd FX 5600, 800x600 was the optimal resolution I used, as otherwise the slowdowns were quite noticable, but now I have a 6800 Ultra, the skies the limit, I put it on 1280x1024 with hq2x + all the enhancements with no slowdown whatsoever.

FX cards can struggle with this plugin if the resolution is too high due to their relatively weak pixel shading power, while Radeons and GeForce 6 series have a lot more pixel shading muscle so can use this plugin with zero performance issues.

Reznor007

The GeforceFX series sucks at floating point math operations, so if this plugin uses alot of FP stuff that may be why it's slow on GeforceFX.