What's new

Direct64 v0.5.03.25

xenSity

20X6
Sometimes certain features may cause malfunction in other games.
It can also be difficult to auto-detect supported or required features in emulation, so it can be up to the user to decide what to do.
It's also worth experimenting to determine which settings work best with your hardware.

Noxious Ninja

arnalion said:
Orkin you scared the shit out of me :D. Btw when i play OoT can i see the lights from torches through buildings and landscapes. I wonder what the prob is when that happends? 5 secs later after this post: Tries to change the N64 Depth Image from clear to ignore,fixed. I am really stupid sometimes :p... srr for completely unnecessary post

Have you tried setting it to "Render"? That should be the most accurate setting.

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Damn hell yeah... Zelda OoT with bump-mapped dungeons and monsters^^ omg
would look crazy i guess...

Doom³ ... get ready for Zelda-OoT

i bet one day zelda OoT looks like a complete new game... all made by fans of it...
all i can say is WOW!

Sage Of Time

Noxious Ninja said:
If only there were some way to replace the models... *sigh* I guess that would require game-specific HLE.
Well assuming the ROM Hacking community ever breaks into the N64 scene, you might see just that eventually. Personally I'm surprised something like this with the textures was even possible using just a graphics plugin.. Heh, oh well.

On a more topic-related note, I'm very much looking forward to the next release of this plugin. It's always been one of my all-time favorites, and I'm excited to see the recent additions.

MiLO83

Orkin, great to hear about the bump mapping.
Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more progress on this.
- MiLO83

gandalf

Member ready to help
i see that f-zero x is perfectly emulated with direct 64 (yes, only is missing the N64 logo at the begining of the game)
the negative thing of this great plug-in: Simulate overscan needs to be adjusted, and the problem in PJ64 (status bar appears in full screen)

CF2

Pretends to make sense
gandalf said:
i see that f-zero x is perfectly emulated with direct 64 (yes, only is missing the N64 logo at the begining of the game)
the negative thing of this great plug-in: Simulate overscan needs to be adjusted, and the problem in PJ64 (status bar appears in full screen)
I agree. Simulate overscan removes the border, but it also removes a good chunk of the edge of the screen (shield bar not visible in Star Fox 64).

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
I don't really like all this with changing models and textures. I think it destroys the games.
This is just my opinion so don't post anything like "you are not forced to use it". But i think it destroys the games souls.

Trotterwatch

If you don't like it, as you acknowledge, don't use it. Games do not have souls, they are pieces of code :) (and if they did, some would say running them via emulator corrupts them enough - nothing like using the actual machine eh).

The great thing about these plugins is they offer a choice - use or don't use, if you don't use it then the plugin will still work, it will not corrupt your rom etc

Last edited:

jackson411

PLZ HELP!

I got a RADEON 9600 PRO (cataclyst 5.3), what should I use for the best settings ?
THe plugins..
I want to play RESIDENT EVIL 2 !!!
Can I ?
My re2 is working pretty good, but there's some stupid things, like we can see Leon through walls, it's lagging doh.
PLZ help!

Last edited:

Nin_10_Dough

I notice in the last couple screenshots you posted ( mario cell-shade texture thread ) the black border on the models was much thicker than the first. I kinda like it thick , looks like viewtiful joe. If this feature does work out for the plugin, having an option to adjust the amount of cell-shading would be excellent. :bouncy:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
jackson411 said:
PLZ HELP!

I got a RADEON 9600 PRO (cataclyst 5.3), what should I use for the best settings ?
THe plugins..
Can I ?
My re2 is working pretty good, but there's some stupid things, like we can see Leon through walls, it's lagging doh.
PLZ help!
No, you can't all that well. This is about as good as it gets on any emu.

Noxious Ninja

jackson411 said:
PLZ HELP!

THe plugins..
Can I ?
PLZ help!

You wouldn't happen to also be known as Thomas Angelo, would you?

CF2

Pretends to make sense
MuhMuh said:
When will you release the cell-shading? :(
I'm waiting for it. I want it so bad. :(
Cell shading is not a feature of the plugin, it is a set of replacement textures for Super Mario 64 for use with the Rice video plugin.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
CF2 said:
Cell shading is not a feature of the plugin, it is a set of replacement textures for Super Mario 64 for use with the Rice video plugin.
Actually, it's both...Kid A's textures do cel-shading by changing the color of the textures. Direct64's cel-shading modifies the way objects are lit, and adds contour edges. Since things like Mario, Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and the like aren't textured, it would be impossible to cel shade them with textures alone.

I hope to in the near future implement hi-res texture support, so you can use both at once, giving Mario 64 a completely new look.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Trotterwatch said:
The great thing about these plugins is they offer a choice - use or don't use, if you don't use it then the plugin will still work, it will not corrupt your rom etc

Now you came with that "you're not forced to use it" thing :p