Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R Orkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amano
    Are there any disadvantages to be expected regarding version b? Additional graphic problems?

Otherwise why don't you suggest it to be used by all (Radeons, too) people?
    There really isn't much disadvantage as half precision is still plenty for color blending, but GeForce FX users are probably the only ones that'll see much improvement since Radeons can handle floats in PSs much better, PS 1.x compile targets will likely compile down to using fixed point, and PS 3.0 targets can handle the floats without a problem.

I'll probably just leave it at half precision, as there is no discernable quality loss, and it will allow GeForce FX cards to run much better. Depending on how things go I might need more precision in the future though...(you can't do good per-pixel lighting, normal mapping, and parallax occlusion mapping in half precision)
    Last edited by Orkin; March 26th, 2005 at 17:07.

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got some new bugs for you,

i have v.25, not 25b and i have a radeon9800 pro with catalyst 5.3, Everything works splendid now, no more blinking widescreen edges nor blinking sky in mountain village in majoras mask. But this happens everytime after i'v looked into the bombers notebook (see pic) i always just save and close the rom and reload save when this happens. Also another problem which i don't have a pic for, but everytime in majoras mask when the clocksound starts counting down to night or morning, by every bell clang the screen grows smaller black edges appearing around the image in the top and left side while bottom and right side seems to somehow stretch out the screens last pixels all the way to the edge, this dissapears when the countdown is complete and the screen declaring night or day has appeared.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jokke_r; March 26th, 2005 at 17:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It won't matter at all on ATI hardware since Radeons can ONLY do full precision in the pixel shader. They don't support partial precision at all(nvidia was the one that wanted that one). If you choose to do partial precision, it will still do the same calculations as full precision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke_r
    Got some new bugs for you,

i have v.25, not 25b and i have a radeon9800 pro with catalyst 5.3, Everything works splendid now, no more blinking widescreen edges nor blinking sky in mountain village in majoras mask. But this happens everytime after i'v looked into the bombers notebook (see pic) i always just save and close the rom and reload save when this happens. Also another problem which i don't have a pic for, but everytime in majoras mask when the clocksound starts counting down to night or morning, by every bell clang the screen grows smaller black edges appearing around the image in the top and left side while bottom and right side seems to somehow stretch out the screens last pixels all the way to the edge, this dissapears when the countdown is complete and the screen declaring night or day has appeared.
    The proper effect here is the game shrinks it's rendering window at each tone, leaving black borders around the edges.
    Last edited by Clements; September 29th, 2006 at 03:16. Reason: Merge
    Nothing can stop me now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkin
    I'll probably just leave it at half precision, as there is no discernable quality loss, and it will allow GeForce FX cards to run much better. Depending on how things go I might need more precision in the future though...(you can't do good per-pixel lighting, normal mapping, and parallax occlusion mapping in half precision)
    Dude. Awesome.
    Last edited by Noxious Ninja; March 27th, 2005 at 00:11.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i can get correct coronas behavior with depth render with Jet Force Jemini

you're the first one to do it. congratulations

but afaik the game is likely with depth render option to hang and is still not playable so ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Olivier, any chance you could upload a state of an area that does the coronas? (or if it's near the beginning let me know)

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Trotterwatch
    Olivier, any chance you could upload a state of an area that does the coronas? (or if it's near the beginning let me know)
    just begin a new game and during the intro threre is coronas that are hidden when they should and that appears when they should too

Ps: after a while it hangs afaik
    Last edited by olivieryuyu; March 27th, 2005 at 08:06.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, thanks a lot Not familiar with this game really.

Edit// Yep I can see them
    Last edited by Trotterwatch; March 27th, 2005 at 10:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nice, jet force jemini now works fine!!!!!!
    Only the shadows are missed (rice have the shadows working correctly)and i don´t see the coronas because i passed that part
    The Frame Buffers effects works fine (when the player gets damaged, in rice you´ll see an black screen instead of the real effect in your plug-in (an red screen and in-game action)

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it hangs with depth render so it's not perfect for the moment

hmm the hanging is due to the use of clear in n64 color image

without this the game is nice
    Last edited by Clements; September 29th, 2006 at 03:17. Reason: Merge

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast