What's new

Direct64 v0.5.03.25

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Unfortunately yes...and as of last night, Direct64 is officially dead too...

Last night a thunderstorm sent lightning through my house, frying my computer. I've tried everything to get the data off my HD, but it looks like my source is gone forever (unless someone is willing to donate $1000 to have my HD sent for data recovery).

Sorry everyone, but at least we have Jabo's 1.6 now!

Orkin

Persephone

Sad news :-(

But, why don't you work with Rice? I'm sure this combination could be explosive !

Trotterwatch said:
I've a feeling that no thunder storm happened last night ;)

Maybe, but since PJ64 1.6 release i can believe everything to be true. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Orkin said:
Unfortunately yes...and as of last night, Direct64 is officially dead too...

Last night a thunderstorm sent lightning through my house, frying my computer. I've tried everything to get the data off my HD, but it looks like my source is gone forever (unless someone is willing to donate $1000 to have my HD sent for data recovery).

Sorry everyone, but at least we have Jabo's 1.6 now!

Orkin

God, what a horrible April Fools joke. I almost had a damn heart attack, then I remembered it was April 1st.

Donppa

Oh dude! I really thought it for awhile! Stop scaring people around!

PS. That Jabo 1.6 sucks in Paper mario...

Noxious Ninja

See, that's why you should release the code. :p

Persephone said:
Sad news :-(

But, why don't you work with Rice? I'm sure this combination could be explosive !

Work with Gonetz, and make glN64 NG.

dragon_rider

&#31169;&#12399;&#31452;&#12364;&#22909;&#12365;&#
Hilarious, Orkin. And I suppose if I said that Zsnes 1.43 is out, would anyone believe me? I should say not. But please, for the love of all that's holy, don't kill the Direct 64 plugin project!

Reznor007

Trotterwatch said:
I've a feeling that no thunder storm happened last night ;)

I live in Oklahoma also, and can vouch that there was indeed a storm.

However, April fool's joke or not, the data should be able to be saved. All you would need to do is find the exact model of the hard drive, then swap the driver controller PCB with another of the exact same type. I've done it before and it worked great ;)

EDIT-Orkin, what town do you live in if you don't mind?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

You know what, if that wasn't an Aprils Fools joke then I'd feel rather shitty at the moment. We'll soon know when Orkin posts again :)

Hal

Bartman
Sorry for breaking the topic, but I can't even get the new version to work. I recieve an exception in the thread when I start with the plugin on, and when I go to configure the plugin, the emulator shuts down.

Emu_Lover

Hmm that sux Hal. :yucky: I have a Radeon 9200 on my other computer so I might test this plugin out and see if it has the same error on my system.

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
just try the lower-hardware release from orkin!
it should work well with your graphics cards.
DL is just some pages ago... read the thread ;)

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Well...I know some of you optimistic types thought my earlier post was just another cruel April Fools joke. And...well, you're absolutely right! :p Although there was a thunderstorm last night (as Reznor007 pointed out), but my computer is running just fine, and Direct64 is still under development. So ummm...to those that believed me:
April Fools!

Sorry if it was a little cruel, but I thought that bad news would be more believable than saying, "Direct64 emulates Rogue Squadron and CBFD perfectly!!!"

To prove that Direct64 is still alive and kicking, I'm posting a shot of something new that I just added tonight (only took about an hour); per-pixel lighting. The first shot shows Mario's head using the new PPL shaders, while the second shot is regular vertex lighting for comparison. There isn't much difference here (his nose is smoother, and more round looking), but on other, lower-poly models, it'll probably make more of a difference. Unfortunately, it's not quite complete yet, so this is the best I can do screenshot-wise for now.

This brings Direct64 one step closer to possibly supporting not only hi-res textures, but bump mapping too. I'm still not sure if it will all work out yet, but this is a step in the right direction!

Last edited:

Persephone

Didn't know i could be so stupid :blush:

And i hope you make some backup, time to times, of your data :p

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

/me slaps Orkin :D You had me worried I was being an insensitive sod for a while, lol

Anyways great progress on the plugin. Out of interest if you do this per pixel lighting will PS 2.0 be required, or will it still work on PS 1.4 cards? (albeit slower).

dragon_rider

&#31169;&#12399;&#31452;&#12364;&#22909;&#12365;&#
Geez, sorry for doubting you, Orkin, but I really would hate to see your project go down the toilet. But, now that you've stated that the Direct64 plugin is still being worked on, I'm happy again!

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Orkin you scared the shit out of me :D. Btw when i play OoT can i see the lights from torches through buildings and landscapes. I wonder what the prob is when that happends? 5 secs later after this post: Tries to change the N64 Depth Image from clear to ignore,fixed. I am really stupid sometimes :p... srr for completely unnecessary post

Last edited:

Persephone

I don't think your post is stupid :) it'll sure help some of us.

Now i wonder: why does such an option exist if it just gives rise to an incorrect emulation??